Glands in neck jaw and cpap

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
KRK

Re: Glands in neck jaw and cpap

Post by KRK » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:27 pm

I am a singer and have had vocal issues and swollen neck glands for about as long as I have been on my cpap. I have had EVERYTHING checked. I went off my cpap for about 2 weeks and noticed my voice getting better and the swelling went down. The minute I started back on my cpap, neck was swollen and voice was bad again. So, I now know that it is the cpap. I'm wondering if I could be allergic to the plastic.

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Jul 14, 2020 4:41 pm

Less likely - as it doesn't seem to affect other areas - than just the passage of air (thin as it is) or the particular pressure of the mask - maybe pushing things against each other even if they're not in direct contact with it. Sorta seems like you need to decide for yourself, keeping in mind that you need Cpap, but maybe a diff. mask? A diff. type of machine (bipap, ASV, Vauto, etc)? I would push to see a real sleep doctor though, or talk to an ENT and get another opinion. It could just be your anatomy.

Lifeisabeach

Post by Lifeisabeach » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:50 am

KRK wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:27 pm
I am a singer and have had vocal issues and swollen neck glands for about as long as I have been on my cpap. I have had EVERYTHING checked. I went off my cpap for about 2 weeks and noticed my voice getting better and the swelling went down. The minute I started back on my cpap, neck was swollen and voice was bad again. So, I now know that it is the cpap. I'm wondering if I could be allergic to the plastic.
What do you use to clean your water chamber, masks, etc, if anything? I'm wondering if you are using something that is leaving behind residuals that are what's actually causing the irritation/swelling.

Dsegraves

Post by Dsegraves » Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:51 pm

Recently started cpap and have this issue developing. Does anyone have any resolutions? I’m getting panicky...

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:05 pm

Are you using extra humidity?

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:12 am

Swollen glands can also be related to dental/gingival infection.
See your dentist.