Tricked out CPAP drawers (confessions of a sleep obsessive after 14 ½ years of using CPAP).

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
elsueno

Tricked out CPAP drawers (confessions of a sleep obsessive after 14 ½ years of using CPAP).

Post by elsueno » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:27 am

x

Last edited by elsueno on Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

remoo1

Re: Tricked out CPAP drawers (confessions of a sleep obsessive after 14 ½ years of using CPAP).

Post by remoo1 » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:34 am

Awesome! I'm only 11 months in but I'm getting there!

Sheriff Buford

Re: Tricked out CPAP drawers (confessions of a sleep obsessive after 14 ½ years of using CPAP).

Post by Sheriff Buford » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:13 am

My wife "gently" reminded me a few years back that I was also hording my cpap stuff. I went thru my drawers and came up with all kinds of crap. I got rid of a lot of it... but I think I'm doing it again! Help!

Sheriff

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:55 am

All you really need is 1 back up of each item. Aside from filters and cushions/pillows, masks and hoses last forever.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:09 am

When hubby got laid off and we went on cobra I started letting them send me max supplies every month. I now have what I think is a lifetime supply of everything except filters. Unopened and still in the packaging. :lol: :lol: When or if I ever get decent insurance again I will happily donate what I've hoarded to others in need.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:27 am

At least your stuff is sort of organized in separate bins. I just keep one large plastic bin (stored under the bed) for all my stuff.
Looks like one of your drawers is equal to what one of my plastic totes would store. So you have me beat on quantity.
You also have me beat on selection of items. You do have me beat on time as well....I only have 11 plus years of hoarding.

Now I used to have 2 plastic totes full of crap but a while back I did some serious getting rid of my excess supplies that I knew would never be used so now I am down to one plastic tote that slides under the bed. When it gets too full that is my cue I need to clean out the hoarded stuff. :lol:

I used to try a mask just for fun and then maybe keep it "just in case" and I finally realized that "just in case" never happened nor was it ever going to happen and I might as well pass it along to someone who could use it or needed it.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:44 pm

We have a CPAP nightstand on either side of the bed. Mine has distilled water stored on the bottom shelf, and my wife's has the travel bags and backup machines on the bottom shelf. The top drawer of my dresser has two spare masks, two spare cushions, two spare head gear, and two cervical collars (one three inch and one four inch). Since we both use he same mask it is easier to keep spares. I keep two of everything and order new when something is used. we have spare hoses and water chambers stored in the travel bags (one in each bag).

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

boxofrain

Post by boxofrain » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:20 pm

HOLY SH*T!!! I want to meet you in real life one day! I absolutely LOVE this.
The only thing I would do is get rid of the junk you will likely never use again (old masks and such).
Or at least offload them to another area like a back closet!
This post made my day!!! Did I say I love it? :P
BoR

elsueno

Post by elsueno » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:47 am

x

Last edited by elsueno on Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

elsueno

Post by elsueno » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:54 am

x

Last edited by elsueno on Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:01 am

dpeterzell wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:47 am
The strange thing is that I don’t think I’m hoarding. 90% of the stuff in my drawers is stuff I'll definitely use
:lol: :lol: You are new to therapy....but you are a hoarder. There is no shame in it. As time passes you will find that the stuff you "definitely will use" won't be used. Trust me...been there and done that. :lol:
It's been over 11 years now for me...and I have the equivalent of one of your drawers in a tote under my bed and it contains far more stuff than I will ever use. I am a hoarder...there is no shame in it. We all do it to some extent.
All my Bleep stuff...not even in the tote. :lol:

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:57 am

I am impressed.
Time to organize--again.

elsueno

Post by elsueno » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:59 pm

x

Last edited by elsueno on Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:15 pm

dpeterzell wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:59 pm
:lol:

New? I started CPAP in 2006. Lets be 100% clear :lol: :lol:, these are the confessions of an obsessive, not a newbie or a hoarder.
Sorry...I either forgot you weren't new to therapy or never knew. I am old and forget things and was only going by when you joined here.

I went 6 years and didn't even own a full face mask because I couldn't find any that didn't cause me a problem of some sort.
Then I found the Respironics DreamWear FFM...and I tried it for grins and to my surprise I could actually sleep with it so I kept it "just in case". Well in 2 years "just in case" never happened and I passed it along to someone who needed it a lot more than me.
I haven't replaced it...in over 11 years on cpap "just in case" has never happened where I couldn't use a nasal pillow mask and just had to use a FFM. I have had my share of colds over the years but never was to the point I couldn't get my nose open enough to breathe a little with the nasal pillows and once I could breathe a little I knew that the humidity would help me breathe better. Most of the time I would wake up breathing better in the morning than when I went to bed.

Carry on...you call it "obsessive" and to me that equals "hoarder" but if you can't accept it...that's okay with me.
I am okay with accepting the fact that I am a hoarder. I still have the Tap Pap mask in my tote under the bed...just in case. :lol: :lol: :lol:

boxofrain

Post by boxofrain » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:24 pm

Hoarding? I held onto my vinyl record collection through all the years of CDs, MP3s, iPods, streaming, etc. I got rid of my turntable but kept the records in bins in a back room of my office. I recently went out and bought a really nice turntable, hooked it up to my system and am enjoying all of my vinyl again every single day! I still stream using Spotify and Apple Music but there is something special about vinyl. It's as though I am living my school days all over again and it's wonderful! Happy New Year to all of you.