SleepyHead on a Mac

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
apw5746

SleepyHead on a Mac

Post by apw5746 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:05 pm

I'm not sure what's going on, but when I attempt to open SleepHead (new version) it now takes me to the App Store. I was in SleepHead this morning with zero problems. Now this. Can any of you Mac users using SleepyHead, can you assist? Old version works. I was going to compare stats with old and new, and if everything looked good I would trash the old version, but now I'll keep it. While I was in both, AHI as .55 in new version, and .56 in old. Why I don't have a clue. Anyway, should I trash the old icon for the new version and start all over? Or go to my download file and double click on it?

26 year Air Force Vet
if it isn't grown, then it's has to be mined - prospector

'If you don't stand for something, you will fall for everything.'

A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have!

Julie

Re: SleepyHead on a Mac

Post by Julie » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:17 pm

What OS are you using?

apw5746

Post by apw5746 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:52 pm

Julie wrote:What OS are you using?
10.9.5 - Mavericks

26 year Air Force Vet
if it isn't grown, then it's has to be mined - prospector

'If you don't stand for something, you will fall for everything.'

A government big enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have!

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:11 pm

Have you read through Pugsy's tutorial (1st note on main pg)?

I'm using Snow Leopard and have installed SH, but have not tried to use it... was hoping someone else might jump in and help you, but this will at least put your note back on top.

cathyf

Post by cathyf » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:34 pm

Odd, I upgraded from 10.6.8 to 10.9.5 on Monday, and my Sleepyhead continues to work exactly as before.

NateS

Post by NateS » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:32 am

apw5746 wrote:I'm not sure what's going on, but when I attempt to open SleepHead (new version) it now takes me to the App Store. I was in SleepHead this morning with zero problems. Now this. Can any of you Mac users using SleepyHead, can you assist? Old version works. I was going to compare stats with old and new, and if everything looked good I would trash the old version, but now I'll keep it. While I was in both, AHI as .55 in new version, and .56 in old. Why I don't have a clue. Anyway, should I trash the old icon for the new version and start all over? Or go to my download file and double click on it?
What version no. of SleepyHead are you having trouble with?

What is the url of the website you downloaded it from?

I ask because, as you may recall, Mark has often warned us against downloading from fake SleepyHead download sites, or from download sites that install other apps at the same time.

Best wishes, Nate

Present Rx: EPAP: 8; IPAPlo:11; IPAPHi: 23; PSMin: 3; PSMax: 15
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it." —Groucho Marx

Sclark08

Post by Sclark08 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:41 am

Download sleepyhead zip file 9.8.2 and open it on your Mac in finder. Just double click the sheep. You can even put a sheep on your desktop if you like.
I have a Mac book pro and it works so much better than when I had windows

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:55 am

Sclark08 wrote:Download sleepyhead zip file 9.8.2 and open it on your Mac in finder. Just double click the sheep. You can even put a sheep on your desktop if you like.
I have a Mac book pro and it works so much better than when I had windows
there is no 9.8.2 version. everybody should ignore this.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Sclark08

Post by Sclark08 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:06 am

Excuse me 9.8.1!
I see things havent changed on this site
Everybody should ignore YOU! Palerider

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:30 pm

Sclark08 wrote:Excuse me 9.8.1!
I see things havent changed on this site
Everybody should ignore YOU! Palerider
at least I don't blanket insult everybody (except pugsy) and then post continual wrong information. (and then, lie about leaving us alone for better 'sights (sic)'.

the current version of sleepyhead is 0.9.8-1

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:00 pm

Can you please clarify something for me....you got the new version and it was working just fine and then the problem popped up after you had used it successfully....or you installed the new version and had the problem from the very beginning?

Oh...I never remove a old working SleepyHead version when trying out one of the new testing versions...always keep at least one older tried and true version available. It hurts nothing to have more than one version of SleepyHead sitting on your computer.

If it were me I would remove the new version and get a fresh download and start all over with it...all the while leaving the old version intact and available for back up.
Plus I would make sure I used the link in my signature line to avoid any chance of accidentally getting something other than what I wanted.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Sclark08

Post by Sclark08 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:21 pm

Palerider get a life. I made a type o not incorrect info. Big difference dont you think. Of course who cares what you think!

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:26 pm

Sclark08 wrote:Palerider get a life. I made a type o not incorrect info. Big difference dont you think. Of course who cares what you think!
I've got a life, pointing out what an idiotic shrew you are is just an amusing sideline.

Sclark08

Post by Sclark08 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:32 pm

No sense coming down to your level! Your responses dont even make sense! It truly is entertaining though! :

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:51 pm

Sclark08 wrote:No sense coming down to your level! Your responses dont even make sense! It truly is entertaining though! :
sweetie, you couldn't make it up to my level if you took an express elevator, an extension ladder, and two full sets of climbing gear.

bless your heart, you're so confused about which way is up.