Resmed Airsense Autoset problems

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
goofy_american

Resmed Airsense Autoset problems

Post by goofy_american » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:52 am

Greetings,

I just visited my local DME intending to pick up a Resmed Airsense Autoset but returned home empty handed.
The respiratory therapist stated they have returned 20-25 machines due to pressure problems with the machine.

She stated the machine will over pressurize the mask considerably, leading to people feel like they are drowning with excess air.

They stated Resmed is aware of the problem and is working on it.
I'm not sure if that is a software or a hardware issue. They suggested waiting a while until the problem is fixed.

Anyone else having problems?

TangledHose

Re: Resmed Airsense Autoset problems

Post by TangledHose » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:01 pm

had mine since November...........no issues at all.............this is the first I have heard of anything like this, and if this information is coming from a DME I would have some serious doubts about the validity of that information.

Link to Sleepyhead:
http://sleepfiles.com/SH2/

dspjones

Post by dspjones » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:00 pm

Just bought Airsense auto from cpap.com 2.5 weeks ago. Works beautifully. This unit replaces my S9 Autoset. Zero issues at all. Works even better than the S9 did. Quieter, lighter, easier to handle, less parts to clean and replace. Auto pressure settings are amazing. It actually averages out to use a lower pressure than my prescribed pressure of 10 and I still average 0.0 to 0.5 AHI per night. Everything about the unit is better than its predecessor. Hope you are able to get one soon.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:04 pm

goofy_american wrote:Greetings,

I just visited my local DME intending to pick up a Resmed Airsense Autoset but returned home empty handed.
The respiratory therapist stated they have returned 20-25 machines due to pressure problems with the machine.

She stated the machine will over pressurize the mask considerably, leading to people feel like they are drowning with excess air.

I'm not sure if that is a software or a hardware issue. They suggested waiting a while until the problem is fixed.

first I've heard of it... sounds like they stuck a plain hose on the machine and didn't set the hose type setting properly.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

JTPerrrine

Post by JTPerrrine » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:05 pm

I've been using mine since Jan 7th and have had no problems. DME translation may be " You don't want that Mercedes Benz - but I can sell you this Ford for the same price.
Jack

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:09 pm

JTPerrrine wrote:I've been using mine since Jan 7th and have had no problems. DME translation may be " You don't want that Mercedes Benz - but I can sell you this Ford for the same price.
oh, I like that translations!

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Rtrtrt

Post by Rtrtrt » Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:42 pm

Never heard of this issue and it's all we distribute (300 a month), sounds like they don't know what they are doing.

archangle

Post by archangle » Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:16 am

goofy_american wrote:Greetings,

Thanks for the report. Let us know what you hear.

As others have posted, we usually hear people complain on this site if there is a problem with a particular model of machine and this is the first I've heard of this.

I'm suspecting DME mistakes, stupidity or lies. A lot of new CPAPers do think the pressure is too high. Once the DME gets the idea in their head that there is a problem with A10, every new patient who complains would reinforce the idea.

Did they suggest an alternative machine? Do you have any other DME's in the area you can go to?

Please enter your equipment in your profile so we can help you.
Click here for information on the most common alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check for yourself.

Useful Links.