infection on nose and lips where mask doesn't touch

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: infection on nose and lips where mask doesn't touch

Post by palerider » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:26 pm

mummmz wrote:Whereever it came from you'll need to clean/disinfect everything your face comes in contact with if you want to get rid of it. Aclyesia just went through that and can probably give some good tips. At least bleach your sheets, night clothes, disinfect your mask (headgear included), throw out any makeup, brushes, toothbrush, etc...anything that goes near your face. Wipe down your night table. I would even get a new pillow. Do you lay down on the coach? Another area to disinfect.

Just thought of...cell and home phones too.
bleach your cell phone, another great idea from mummmz, don't forget where the idea came from!

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

mummmz

Post by mummmz » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:18 pm

If you read what I wrote I said clean/disinfect everything. You can use bleach or another disinfectant as warranted. Now if you would like to bleach your cell palerider go right ahead. I think sometimes you don't get sufficient sleep, do you?

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:38 pm

mummmz wrote: I think sometimes you don't get sufficient sleep, do you?
you're a fast learner, only been here a month, and already schlepping around one of the lame old insults.

well done.

for anybody else reading the drivel from mummmz, consider that it's likely prudent to find out what, if anything, *caused* the alleged pustules from the first unregistered post up there, might be side effects of the fever, and not anything that requires throwing out bedding. on the other hand, if you want to take knee jerk advice... that is your right.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

mummmz

Post by mummmz » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:58 pm

Did you not read this?
Janice H2Os wrote: At first I thought it was my mask but since I'm a mercer and staph carrier and been so sick over a 2 month period and drs can't find out where exactly the infection is.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:22 pm

mummmz wrote:Did you not read this?
Janice H2Os wrote: At first I thought it was my mask but since I'm a mercer and staph carrier and been so sick over a 2 month period and drs can't find out where exactly the infection is.
oh, I read it, (not withstanding that MRSA (not 'merser') IS a form of staph) and 20-30% of us are staph carriers... it's a common bacterium... that doesn't mean that whatever is causing the pustules is related to MRSA.

also, did you know that fever greatly limits the ability of bacteria to reproduce?
Janice H2Os wrote: I have been very ill and my temp last 3 days have been higher then 102° at times overnight.
there's a lot of things that can cause fever and pustules, and given the prevalence of staph on the skin of people, it's probably prudent to let the OPs doctors deal with what she needs to do to take care of his issues, instead of jumping to conclusions based on *VERY LITTLE* information.

Too tall

Post by Too tall » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:18 pm

palerider wrote:
mummmz wrote:Did you not read this?
oh, I read it, (not withstanding that MRSA (not 'merser') IS a form of staph) and 20-30% of us are staph carriers... it's a common bacterium... that doesn't mean that whatever is causing the pustules is related to MRSA.

also, did you know that fever greatly limits the ability of bacteria to reproduce?
Janice H2Os wrote: I have been very ill and my temp last 3 days have been higher then 102° at times overnight.
there's a lot of things that can cause fever and pustules, and given the prevalence of staph on the skin of people, it's probably prudent to let the OPs doctors deal with what she needs to do to take care of his issues, instead of jumping to conclusions based on *VERY LITTLE* information.
There you go again. Another string of hateful comments. Why can't you let people post without your nasty provoking remarks?
System One RemStar Pro with C-Flex+ (460P)

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:39 pm

??? What's nasty and hateful there? What's provoking?

Saying what's right and knowledgable isn't provoking or hateful, it's just truthful and smart.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:00 pm

Too tall wrote:Why can't you let people post without your nasty provoking remarks?
why can't YOU?

Aclyesia

Post by Aclyesia » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:36 pm

OP-- I hope you're well on the road to recovery from your infection! I am and have only a few small scabs left on the tip of my nose to finish healing. I still have a few days left on Bactrim and I'm also still using the Mupirocin ointment prescribed, too.

As far as taking precautions against reinfection, I am washing my nasal pillows with Hibiclens each morning and changed the sheets and pillowcases on the bed. Blankets were all washed with bleach and sun-dried and we left pillows in the baking sun too (but they are in antimicrobial zippered covers anyway, so we weren't too concerned). I replaced my razor, bathing accoutrements, and the 2 makeup brushes I had used for a week leading up to the infection, and got a new toothbrush. Boiled the glass head of my waterpik, and that's really it. I mean, I have wiped down hard surface areas with Clorox wipes including my cell phone, but all in all, I highly doubt I will need to worry about staph sneaking up on me again for awhile.

Take care!
"Of all the things to be bad at, I suck at breathing."

Too tall

Post by Too tall » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:06 pm

palerider wrote:
Too tall wrote:Why can't you let people post without your nasty provoking remarks?
why can't YOU?
Because I don't make them.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:10 pm

Too tall wrote:
palerider wrote:
why can't YOU?

Too tall

Post by Too tall » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:44 pm

palerider wrote:
Too tall wrote:
palerider wrote:
why can't YOU?
Then show me a quote I've made to someone that was nasty? I don't see why you feel you need to be so sarcastic. It drives people away. This thread is a perfect example. The OP asked if anyone had problems with O2 and CPAP. You reply "Is there anything that people won't try to blame on CPAP". How do you interpret a very desperate persons plea for help as blaming the CPAP? And it's downhill from there. Then you mock other posters that are simply trying to help?

mummmz

Post by mummmz » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:56 pm

Glad to hear you're on the mend Aclyesia!

OP--don't mind the resident grouch.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:59 pm

Too tall wrote:
palerider wrote:
Too tall wrote:
palerider wrote:
why can't YOU?
Then show me a quote I've made to someone that was nasty? I don't see why you feel you need to be so sarcastic. It drives people away. This thread is a perfect example. The OP asked if anyone had problems with O2 and CPAP. You reply "Is there anything that people won't try to blame on CPAP". How do you interpret a very desperate persons plea for help as blaming the CPAP? And it's downhill from there. Then you mock other posters that are simply trying to help?
That's what PR does best... he mocks new people and other posters who are attempting to help.

DreamStalker has been giving paleperson a run for his money though. PR has no idea how to act when confronted with someone who so obviously knows way more than he does -- about most everything.

Too tall

Post by Too tall » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:12 pm

Julie wrote:??? What's nasty and hateful there? What's provoking?

Saying what's right and knowledgable isn't provoking or hateful, it's just truthful and smart.
palerider wrote:is there anything people won't try to blame on cpap?
Julie, what's right and knowledgeable about this reply?