DreamStation vs. DreamStation Go - size difference

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
WakefulDead

DreamStation vs. DreamStation Go - size difference

Post by WakefulDead » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:53 pm

I am surprised that I can't find any pictures or video reviews showing the size difference between the DreamStation and DreamStation Go. This seems like something that should be part of any review for the portable version (especially when it is a video review by the online cpap sellers), unless of course the size difference isn't that great and they don't want to highlight that. I know the dimensions are available, but seeing both units would be very helpful.

If anyone has any links to images or videos showing this difference, please share. If you own both units, and wouldn't mind taking a couple of pictures to show the size difference, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

LSAT

Re: DreamStation vs. DreamStation Go - size difference

Post by LSAT » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:12 pm

You didn't look too hard...I found it in 2 minutes
LxWxH
5.9x5.9x2.2
7.7x6.2x3.3 W/O Humidifier

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:18 pm

LSAT wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:12 pm
You didn't look too hard...I found it in 2 minutes
LxWxH
5.9x5.9x2.2
7.7x6.2x3.3 W/O Humidifier
He didn't say he couldn't find the dimensions of the Go.

What he said was he can't figure out how to compare the dimensions he knows of the Go with the regular without someone showing him a picture.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

WakefulDead

Post by WakefulDead » Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:29 pm

Yes, it is one thing to see the dimensions written out, vs. actually seeing the difference between the two units.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:27 pm

WakefulDead wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:29 pm
Yes, it is one thing to see the dimensions written out, vs. actually seeing the difference between the two units.
You could just take a piece of paper and draw out a couple boxes, then hold 'em up next to each other.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

dakuda

Post by dakuda » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:47 pm

What do you want to see? Just the DS next to a Go? With or without the humidifier and/or battery for the respective units?

dakuda

Post by dakuda » Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:39 pm

WakefulDead wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:53 pm
I am surprised that I can't find any pictures or video reviews showing the size difference between the DreamStation and DreamStation Go. This seems like something that should be part of any review for the portable version (especially when it is a video review by the online cpap sellers), unless of course the size difference isn't that great and they don't want to highlight that. I know the dimensions are available, but seeing both units would be very helpful.

If anyone has any links to images or videos showing this difference, please share. If you own both units, and wouldn't mind taking a couple of pictures to show the size difference, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Here is an album with them side by side, with different pieces attached. I am not a pro, so there are plenty of shadows.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/3UEGdTg1wngN7sQ9A

Remember, the Go has no power brick. All it needs is a C8 style power cord (like the one that plugs into the full-sized power brick).

WakefulDead

Post by WakefulDead » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:04 pm

dakuda wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:39 pm
WakefulDead wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:53 pm

Here is an album with them side by side, with different pieces attached. I am not a pro, so there are plenty of shadows.

Remember, the Go has no power brick. All it needs is a C8 style power cord (like the one that plugs into the full-sized power brick).
Thank you for taking these pictures, especially with the various attachments/battery. I think the self contained power supply makes the biggest difference. Having owned and used both, do you think the Dreamstation Go was a worthwhile purchase? Thanks.

I was able to snap a couple of pictures at the therapist's office today:
DreamstationSizeComparison1.jpg
DreamstationSizeComparison1.jpg (244.48 KiB) Viewed 6960 times
DreamstationSizeComparison2.jpg
DreamstationSizeComparison2.jpg (221.74 KiB) Viewed 6960 times

Turbo442

Post by Turbo442 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:24 pm

I travel a lot for work and carrying my dream station around annoys me since I allready have a laptop and tool box. Also I don’t like the banging around it receives during air travel. I am ready to pull the trigger on a dreamstation go. It doesn’t appear we can run it through insurance and I doubt there is much of a used market yet. Anyone have any suggestions on the best deal out there yet for the little ‘go’ model? Is there any other must have accessories that I should pick up With my order?

Jeramief

Post by Jeramief » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:02 pm

Second wind CPAP had some used Dreamstation go units a few days ago $500.00 range.

dakuda

Post by dakuda » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:19 pm

With the humidifier's release, I thought I would update the album. With both the battery and the humidifier, this thing is loooooong.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:20 pm

dakuda wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:19 pm
With the humidifier's release, I thought I would update the album. With both the battery and the humidifier, this thing is loooooong.

So, what you're saying is that the portable is bigger than the non-portable :D :lol: :lol: :lol:

SleepyGamer

Post by SleepyGamer » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:13 pm

Just FYI, Secondwind sold their Go’s in like 24 hours. When I called, he said it took them 6-8 months to acquire the few they sold. He said people must keep them if the get one.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:29 pm

I wonder what the stats are on returns--or would return if they could.

SnoringInOregon

Post by SnoringInOregon » Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:08 am

palerider wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:20 pm
dakuda wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:19 pm

So, what you're saying is that the portable is bigger than the non-portable :D :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's because the longest Go has an attached battery and the normal Dreamstation doesn't.

Also the normal Dreamstation has an external power brick (not shown), while the Go power converter is built-in.

Thank you dakuda, your pictures were very helpful to me.