PurSleep (xPAP Aromatherapy) SURVEY

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.

If I had received PurSleep product samples when I first received my xPAP,

I would have gladly tried it right away.
49%
I might have tried it after the first few hours of trying to get to sleep.
12%
I might have tried it by the second or third night.
33%
I would have tossed it out with all of the other promotional stuff my DME gave me.
7%

Total votes: 121

SleepGuy

PurSleep (xPAP Aromatherapy) SURVEY

Post by SleepGuy » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:31 pm

Since we are moving to the creation of samples with the intention of getting them into the hands of new patients, I would greatly appreciate your honest opinion about how you would have felt about receiving a sample as a new patient.

Assume that the sample was attractively packaged, easy to use, functional, with good directions and a nice brochure explaining everything, including equipment desensitization techniques.

Thanks for participating!
Try the Scented CPAP Mask with Pur-Sleep's CPAP Aromatherapy--CPAP Diffuser and Essential Oils.
"Love it, Love it, Love my PurSleep!"

Babette

Re: PurSleep (xPAP Aromatherapy) SURVEY

Post by Babette » Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:36 pm

I picked "I would have tried it by 2nd or 3rd night" because I probably would have thought, oh yeah, well, I'm not into aromatherapy. In April 2007.

I have since gotten more into aromatherapy, as a direct result of being edi-macated by Bret, so....

I might have tried it the first night. With the right accompanying literature, that told me short and sweet that it would help me relax and sleep better. Nothing long, just short and sweet. I would have at least sniffed it.

Cheers,
Babs

I currently have a stash of Nasal Aire II cannulas in Small or Extra Small. Please PM me if you would like them. I'm interested in bartering for something strange and wonderful that I don't currently own. Or a Large size NAII cannula. :)

OxyJo

Post by OxyJo » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:13 pm

The fragrance pad is excellent. It does help me get extracted from my feeling of something pressing my nose (I wore the SWIFT LT nasal pillow) and help me fall asleep. The fragrance I tried in "peace".

The night I tried out the fragrance pad is the 2nd night I started my BiPAP therapy. The fragrance was strong in that night, but it fades away pretty quickly in the next night. I can hardly smell any fragrance at all on the 3rd night. So is this a normal situation? What should I do to restore the fragrance on the pad?

ozij

Post by ozij » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:46 pm

I suffered very much from the strange disinfectant smell in the trial machine I got - so much so that I washed the filter. I would have loved a pur-sleep sample.

A brochure explaining equipment desnsitisation techniques is a great idea.

I wouldn't even mention "aromatherapy" in the brochure - just "smell".

O.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

ractar28

Post by ractar28 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:05 pm

I voted immediately, but this is not my first xPAP machine. The first time, I probably would have tossed it with the other "crap" the DME gave me. A CPAP is a lot to undertake at one time, and adding more stuff to the picture might not have helped me a bit. Perhaps a "free sample" coupon (depending on how much a sample costs to produce vs cost of production AND shipping to a smaller group.

Therefore, I'd think the products would be better received by customers of an internet shop than your standard in-person DME.

SleepGuy

Post by SleepGuy » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:32 pm

ractar28 wrote:Perhaps a "free sample" coupon
Now that's an Excellent Idea! Fantastic!
Try the Scented CPAP Mask with Pur-Sleep's CPAP Aromatherapy--CPAP Diffuser and Essential Oils.

Lee Lee

Post by Lee Lee » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:20 pm

I didn't like the plastic smell, so I would have tried it right away.
And, Bret, I LOVE my Pur Sleep! I use Peace and Rosa (reminds me of my daughter's flower shop).
I do wish there were coupons for "frequent smellers", in these tough times.

chou

Post by chou » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:29 pm

I got my free samples last night, and tried it out for the first time that same night.

I tried the "Peace" sample, and I LOVED it. It smelled of lavender with a hint of violet and fresh earth, I think. Heavenly! I moved the little pad around (placed near the xPAP air intake) somewhat, to achieve the desired level of fragrancing. And you know what? The PurSleep really seemed to help! I felt much more relaxed, and it did make the mask seem less obtrusive (I've been on xPAP since April 2008, and I would say I've adjusted like a champ, use it every night). I can't wait to try the others--especially Rosa!

I love my Resmed Swift LT mask, but this truly did add another layer of comfort to the whole setup! And I use Dove unscented soap to clean my mask, so the soap or plastic smells never really bothered me.

Plus, everyone I know jokes that I'm the human chromatograph, I'm so sensitive to any and all smells. I can detect the minutest concentrations of scents, I love to geek out about olfaction chemistry, and I'm a total fragrance snob. And these fragrances are truly high-quality.

Georgio

Post by Georgio » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:09 pm

Yeah, my mother and I are into the PurSleep now....it takes your mind off therapy and the machine....it adds a whole new dimension to cpap. So far Spice is my favorite. I think it would be most valuable to beginners....I don't think I would have gotten around to adding it my routine for 2 or 2 nights though, because I had enough new apparatus to deal with at first!

Georgio
M-Series W/Aflex, Swift LT, Encoreviewer

ichitumi

Post by ichitumi » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:45 pm

I use dr. bronner's liquid castile soap in peppermint to wash my mask and hose. Just a few drops in a basin of warm water. I like that it smells "clean" to me.
chou wrote:I got my free samples last night, and tried it out for the first time that same night.

I tried the "Peace" sample, and I LOVED it. It smelled of lavender with a hint of violet and fresh earth, I think. Heavenly! I moved the little pad around (placed near the xPAP air intake) somewhat, to achieve the desired level of fragrancing. And you know what? The PurSleep really seemed to help! I felt much more relaxed, and it did make the mask seem less obtrusive (I've been on xPAP since April 2008, and I would say I've adjusted like a champ, use it every night). I can't wait to try the others--especially Rosa!

I love my Resmed Swift LT mask, but this truly did add another layer of comfort to the whole setup! And I use Dove unscented soap to clean my mask, so the soap or plastic smells never really bothered me.

Plus, everyone I know jokes that I'm the human chromatograph, I'm so sensitive to any and all smells. I can detect the minutest concentrations of scents, I love to geek out about olfaction chemistry, and I'm a total fragrance snob. And these fragrances are truly high-quality.

ReginaJ

Post by ReginaJ » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:14 pm

My samples arrived in today's mail. I can't wait to try them. I appreciate the extra samples that you sent along with the 5 that I had rated. They were exactly what would have been next on my list! Thank you!

Mikosiko

Post by Mikosiko » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:18 pm

Sorry my ignorance... I'm fairly new around... seems that several are talking about "PurSleep" benefits ... where I can get samples?

SleepGuy

Post by SleepGuy » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:36 pm

Mikosiko wrote:Sorry my ignorance... I'm fairly new around... seems that several are talking about "PurSleep" benefits ... where I can get samples?
Just follow the directions on this thread, first post: viewtopic/t34658/FREE-PurSleep-Aromatic-Samples.html

By now it looks like we have figured out and solved the packaging and delivery issues, so you're not too late. The offer is open to anyone and everyone. I'm having fun giving this stuff away and hearing the reactions--it reminds me of the first time I tried this. My only thought before drifted off to sleep for the first time (all night) on my CPAP after a year: "This is too good to be true . . . ."

By the next morning I figured I couldn't be the only one who would react like this--and I was right! Having invested a great deal into the business I find it extremely gratifying to know it's actually helping people out, so keep the feedback flowing (I'm always looking for ways to improve things!).

Bret

goose
Location: The left coast - CA... If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!!

Post by goose » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:56 pm

I clicked on the first night option.
I've been into "fragrances" forever....Incense, essential oils, you name it. When I had an herb business we grew aromatics to put into all kinds of different things -- bath packets, sachets (I think that's what they're called), potpourri's both dry and wet -- that's all I can think of off the top of my head, but I have no doubt it would have been a first nighter for me.....

I've used the Pur-Sleep oils since the first night I received a sampler -- my fav is Peace.....
As I've said many times before, Bret, ya gots a winner!!!!!!

cheers
goose

-the Dalai Lama

Bert_Mathews

Post by Bert_Mathews » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:57 am

SleepGuy wrote:By now it looks like we have figured out and solved the packaging and delivery issues, so you're not too late. The offer is open to anyone and everyone. I'm having fun giving this stuff away and hearing the reactions--it reminds me of the first time I tried this. My only thought before drifted off to sleep for the first time (all night) on my CPAP after a year: "This is too good to be true . . . ."

By the next morning I figured I couldn't be the only one who would react like this--and I was right! Having invested a great deal into the business I find it extremely gratifying to know it's actually helping people out, so keep the feedback flowing (I'm always looking for ways to improve things!).

Bret
Like your IDEA of getting a SAMPLE in the hands of NEW USERS --- Here is my thoughts ..... Contact a few DME with a supply of COUPONS to hand out to NEW USERS < Less thought of liability on there part > Less cost to you. The people that are or might be interested would contact you for anything FREE if they are willing to become the 25% that really use the CPAP's .
As I have mentioned in past post MY THOUGHTS on the produce is very HIGH.

You MIGHT be able to talk / persuade Forum members into CONTACTING their suppliers with COUPONS / CARDS for you -- MAYBE a coupon code ##### that would allowing you to track and REWARD them.
Also cutting down on your cost.. advertisement isn't cheep!

Hope others can JUMP IN and put their ideas along this line!

BERT

P.S. THANKS for all your effort................. I know I don't use your produce AS YOU recommend - BUT - get LOADS of benefit from it!

Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
http://www.sharpstones.com