Time for S9 to react to an event

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
journey

Time for S9 to react to an event

Post by journey » Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:51 pm

I have been looking at the detailed graphs on my S9 using the software 3.1 version and have noticed a lot of variation in the time that it takes for the S9 to recognise and indicated an event AI, Central or HI. In the one night it was recognising the event immediately after the event, ie within one breath or less and at other times it has taken from 5 breath cycles to up to 2 or 3 minutes to mark the event and then ramp up the pressure.

I had a look at the specs for the equipment and it does not appear to show this time, although by assumption looking at the clinical manual on page 8 it suggests that a Central would be recognised after 10 seconds following the event. This does not occur all the time on my equipment. I would appreciate it if anyone is able to give me some feedback on what they are seeing from their equipment. I used the details flow graph on the 5 minute scale and quickly scanned through looking at the event markers and the pressure display to see when the machine reacts to the event.

Thanks

W

Ughmahedhurtz

Re: Time for S9 to react to an event

Post by Ughmahedhurtz » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:42 pm

NOTE: This is using ResScan v3.11.

All of the events I've seen so far are registered as such within 2-3 seconds of the "event" occurring. Now, the tricky part is that I'll usually have several <10 second events leading up to it which are obvious beginnings of an "event series" but are too short for the software to classify as an event and label as such, which makes guessing what the machine's criteria for ramping pressure a bit more difficult.

One of my HI events last night with preceding pressure ramp:

The wide-view pressures around that series:

One of my central events from last night:

One of my AI events from last night:

Hope this helps.

journey

Post by journey » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:32 pm

Thanks
I see this sort of immediate response much of the time but I have many that have the AI Central or HI show up 30 to 90 seconds after the event can be seen in the airflow display. I will post one it as soon as I can figure out how to do that. I was just wondering if I have an intermittent equipment fault.

W

ozij

Post by ozij » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:40 pm

journey wrote:Thanks
I see this sort of immediate response much of the time but I have many that have the AI Central or HI show up 30 to 90 seconds after the event can be seen in the airflow display. I will post one it as soon as I can figure out how to do that. I was just wondering if I have an intermittent equipment fault.

W

Search the forum for S9 + skew

O.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

journey

Post by journey » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:31 am

Thank you

They appear to be about the same issue. Many of them are talking about only a few seconds of data skew. Mine is more than a minute at times. Hard to see how it would be fixed by formatting the SD card as I have seem the data correctly aligned and skewed all in one night. Anyway I will send it off to RESMED as my concern is that this an equipment warranty issue, ie is the S9 actually doing what is is supposed to be or is is failing to respond to events at times?

W

terio2

Post by terio2 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:48 am

S 9 ?'S Please,does anyone know why one nite the graph starts at 2:00 and another nite at 00:00 I compare the ones when I start the cpap around the same time 10:40 pm to 5:30 am or the weekends like after midnight to 7:30 Resmed had no answer for my ?'s.

If I set the default will that put the date to JUly cause it says Aug. you go in delete and click for JUly but comes up with invalid date.

Thanks again,
Sherry