trying them all

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
momommius

trying them all

Post by momommius » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:02 am

I've been trying numerous masks since my CPAP therapy began. My favorite so far is my Aura, Headrest, Twilight (or whatever they are calling it now). I've tried the Comfortlite and the Comfortlite II, the Breeze, and most recently the Comfortcurve, along with a few of the nasal masks in between. Can anyone thing of any other masks that don't sit on your cheeks and are a pillow mask? It seems that any mask that sits on my cheeks presses on my sinuses and makes for uncomfortable sleeping. I like my Aura because it just seems great that it only touches the nares of my nose. I never could get the Breeze to adjust right on my head; as I really thought I'd like that mask. I've read all the reviews here, just wondering if anyone else wants to comment on their favorite. I'd sure like to find an alternate that I could use beside my Aura, but I might just have to stick with my tried and true favorite.

Babette

Post by Babette » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:10 am

Nasal Aire II. See the link to my tip sheet in my signature.

Cheers,
B.

I currently have a stash of Nasal Aire II cannulas in Small or Extra Small. Please PM me if you would like them. I'm interested in bartering for something strange and wonderful that I don't currently own. Or a Large size NAII cannula. :)

wading thru the muck!

Post by wading thru the muck! » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:24 pm

I've tried them all... and I don't know why, because I've always come back to the Aura, Headrest, Twilight.

I don't care what they call it as long as they keep making it.

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): Aura
Sincerely,
wading thru the muck of the sleep study/DME/Insurance money pit!

neverbetter

Post by neverbetter » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:21 pm

Try the new Bravo. You'll love it. It's like a cross between the nasal-aire and the swift

kteague

Mask preferences

Post by kteague » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:41 pm

I am regularly using the Aura (deconstructed). My Breeze did well for me after deconstruction. Have had reasonable success with the CL2 also, but I always use an extra pantyhose strap. Seems none of the headgear can stand alone for me.
Kathy