A certain poster....

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
TedVPAP

Re: A certain poster....

Post by TedVPAP » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:55 pm

TASmart wrote:Well, there has been at least one shaming thread, that I know of. Apology accepted with relish, glad I bit my finger (so to say) and didn't fire off a snot-o-gram to ya, I really am resolved to not get involved in any more crap slinging, makes me feel worse about myself than I make any poster feel.
I can't seem to find a thumbs up emoticons so I will type it, THUMBS-UP.

Additional Comments: AutoPAP 16-20, Ultimate Chin Strap http://sleepapneasolutionsinc.com/

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:14 pm

TedVPAP wrote:
TASmart wrote:Well, there has been at least one shaming thread, that I know of. Apology accepted with relish, glad I bit my finger (so to say) and didn't fire off a snot-o-gram to ya, I really am resolved to not get involved in any more crap slinging, makes me feel worse about myself than I make any poster feel.
I can't seem to find a thumbs up emoticons so I will type it, THUMBS-UP.
This is more of a "Me Too", kind of group, Dog Pile you might say! Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

TedVPAP

Post by TedVPAP » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:03 pm

Here the OP pollutes this thread viewtopic.php?f=1&t=155178&view=unread#unread
by posting an unprovoked personal attack against xxyzx. No technical disagreement was stated.

Here the OP pollutes xxyzx's thread with an unprovoked personal attack. viewtopic/t154763/unusual--tips-for-better-sleep.html
No technical disagreement was stated.

I am not concluding that these are the only relevant facts, but just that these are facts.

Additional Comments: AutoPAP 16-20, Ultimate Chin Strap http://sleepapneasolutionsinc.com/

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:08 pm

Please don't defend what 99% of people here agree is a menace, especially to newbies who are trying to learn (but being led far astray) and need to be warned off. THere must be other things you can defend without, of all things, that poster.

I don't care what you say or think of me - this isn't about me, but newbies. You are not new, but maybe haven't yet realized how exhausting it is for all to try and counter some of his stuff... please just stay out of it if you can't understand what's happening.
Last edited by Julie on Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:13 pm

TedVPAP wrote:
palerider wrote:
TedVPAP wrote:Is there a post that some one can point to that I should read to prove the point, or do I need to read everything he has ever written before I can come to such an astute realization?
Looks like I am back to my original question.
seriously?

being able to see the fallacy offered in the posts of "a certain poster" requires a background and understanding so that you can tell that when the person in question says 'up is left' (for instance) you know that is wrong.

lacking the background and understanding, you have to read the thread, see a post by "a certain poster" and then read the refutations that follow it, so...

NO, there's no single post you can read... TANSTAAFL.
I understand (although I don't understand your acronym). It can be like pointing to an example that proves once and for all that Trump is either good or evil. I thought there might be an example thread worth examining.
you asked for "a post".

TANSTAAFL, There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch" -- Robert Heinlein, The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

TedVPAP

Post by TedVPAP » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:22 pm

My mistake. I meant thread, not post. Is there a thread I should read?

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:34 pm

As I said, so many it's hard to count... all within the last couple of wks or so, and all superfically sounding knowledgable and authoritative, but based on an obsession with O2 sats that's way out of line and a whole lot of other cuckoo stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:13 pm

TedVPAP wrote:My mistake. I meant thread, not post. Is there a thread I should read?
if you *care* .... go looking, it's up to you. it's obvious to anybody that's been paying attention for the short time the person in question has been posting.

if you don't care enough to inform yourself before passing judgment.. :shrug:

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

TedVPAP

Post by TedVPAP » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:17 am

palerider wrote:
TedVPAP wrote:My mistake. I meant thread, not post. Is there a thread I should read?
if you *care* .... go looking, it's up to you. it's obvious to anybody that's been paying attention for the short time the person in question has been posting.

which of course I have not done so this statement is superfluous.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:14 am

TedVPAP wrote:
palerider wrote:TANSTAFFL.
(although I don't understand your acronym).
http://bfy.tw/CQAt

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:03 am

You people stop it!
Sheriff

lawr1000

Post by lawr1000 » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:49 am

Julie wrote:Please don't defend what 99% of people here agree is a menace, especially to newbies who are trying to learn (but being led far astray) and need to be warned off. THere must be other things you can defend without, of all things, that poster.

I don't care what you say or think of me - this isn't about me, but newbies. You are not new, but maybe haven't yet realized how exhausting it is for all to try and counter some of his stuff... please just stay out of it if you can't understand what's happening.
There is no doubt that xxyzx is a PITA...but to claim that this "gang bang" of a thread is for the "greater good" is laughable.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:37 am

xxyzx wrote:
Julie wrote:As I said, so many it's hard to count... all within the last couple of wks or so, and all superfically sounding knowledgable and authoritative, but based on an obsession with O2 sats that's way out of line and a whole lot of other cuckoo stuff.
==================

sorry but repeating what doctors and medical studies show

i KNOW TO A METAPHYSICAL CERTITUDE that the o2 level goes down makes the heart rate go up
and when the heart can not go fast enough you either die from a heart attack or start to have brain damage from low o2

AhI is a surrogate statistic for bureaucrats to measure how well treatment is going
for many people that may be good enough metric to make decisions with
but for the rest of us it is misleading and dangerous

nothing is out of line except your arrogance and bullying and being a troll
Soooo, how low did your 02 go

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:48 am

TedVPAP wrote:
palerider wrote:

which of course I have not done so this statement is superfluous.
as is your offer: " I would be happy to examine if someone could point to a model thread. "

meh.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:50 am

LSAT wrote:
xxyzx wrote:
Julie wrote:As I said, so many it's hard to count... all within the last couple of wks or so, and all superfically sounding knowledgable and authoritative, but based on an obsession with O2 sats that's way out of line and a whole lot of other cuckoo stuff.
==================

sorry but repeating what doctors and medical studies show

i KNOW TO A METAPHYSICAL CERTITUDE that the o2 level goes down makes the heart rate go up
and when the heart can not go fast enough you either die from a heart attack or start to have brain damage from low o2

AhI is a surrogate statistic for bureaucrats to measure how well treatment is going
for many people that may be good enough metric to make decisions with
but for the rest of us it is misleading and dangerous

nothing is out of line except your arrogance and bullying and being a troll
Soooo, how low did your 02 go
is it possible to go into the negatives?