Likelihood of getting SD card from Kaiser/Apria?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
zoomzoom

Likelihood of getting SD card from Kaiser/Apria?

Post by zoomzoom » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:59 pm

Just got a machine for my mom (Autoset 10 For Her) and lo and behold, there's no SD Card. The packing slip said a QTY of 1, so I was expecting it either already in the slot (as mine was), or somewhere in the Resmed travel bag. I did not find it.

Of course I can go buy my own, but why should I? They should provide one, especially as the order sheet says QTY 1.

What's the likelihood of Apria (via Kaiser order) providing me the SD card upon request? Does that even happen or are you just stuck with whatever you get in the box?

Fortunately, the run time was 0 hours! I checked in the clinician menu. The RX provided was 4-20 (lol) so I at least bumped it up to 6-20 so she won't feel like she's having a hard time breathing.

It was such a pain having to go back and forth w/Kaiser to get them to send the RX for a heated tube and then having Apria process it correctly that it may just be worth buying the SD card on my own.

LSAT

Re: Likelihood of getting SD card from Kaiser/Apria?

Post by LSAT » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:46 am

zoomzoom wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:59 pm
Just got a machine for my mom (Autoset 10 For Her) and lo and behold, there's no SD Card. The packing slip said a QTY of 1, so I was expecting it either already in the slot (as mine was), or somewhere in the Resmed travel bag. I did not find it.

Of course I can go buy my own, but why should I? They should provide one, especially as the order sheet says QTY 1.

What's the likelihood of Apria (via Kaiser order) providing me the SD card upon request? Does that even happen or are you just stuck with whatever you get in the box?

Fortunately, the run time was 0 hours! I checked in the clinician menu. The RX provided was 4-20 (lol) so I at least bumped it up to 6-20 so she won't feel like she's having a hard time breathing.

It was such a pain having to go back and forth w/Kaiser to get them to send the RX for a heated tube and then having Apria process it correctly that it may just be worth buying the SD card on my own.
What have you got to lose by asking?

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Jul 17, 2020 8:06 am

You can pick up any old SD card at e.g. Walmart or lots of other places... nothing special about it and they're not expensive.

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:15 am

If you went through insurance, you could call your insurance company and report it missing, and let them call Apria for you. I'm sure the ins co doesn't appreciate paying for something you did not get.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:30 am

It all depends on how much the hassle factor is worth to you and how quickly do you want that SD card. :lol:
How much is it worth to you for the principle of the thing? The DME removed the card and threw it in a drawer so they could sell it again to someone else and make a little extra money. They will tell you that you don't need it because the machines sends everything they need to see via the cell modem thing. They will tell you that you don't need access to the data on that card.

For me...keeping my blood pressure lower and avoiding the frustration and probable headache I would get from dealing with someone who I already knew stole from me and lied to me...going to Walmart and just buying a card is my best option. :lol:

But it all depends on what it is worth it to you to put their feet to the fire.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:34 am

zoomzoom wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:59 pm

It all comes down to what your time is worth, if it's under $ .50 a hour, waste it and bug them for ripping you off. Only you will know what you are willing to spend to right a wrong. Wally world or New Egg can provide one for really cheap. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:04 am

When ordering my new machine, I asked the DME about the sd card, and they said it was not included.
I asked if they could (please) kick it in for me, and they did. (Not on the statement, either.)
They also provided a heated hose and washable tub--but I was "due" anyway,
so Medicare paid for them.
Business goes both ways. They take care of me, and I take care of them. :mrgreen:

zonker

Post by zonker » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:14 am

Cardsfan wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:15 am
If you went through insurance, you could call your insurance company and report it missing, and let them call Apria for you. I'm sure the ins co doesn't appreciate paying for something you did not get.
i like the way your mind works!
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:33 am

zonker wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:14 am
Cardsfan wrote:
Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:15 am
i like the way your mind works!
It depends on your insurance.
BCBSNE had no problem with Somnos balance billing--(kickback? I'd bet on it!)
This was back in 2011 or 2012.
Yes, the names of the innocent have been withheld . . .

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Fri Jul 17, 2020 5:15 pm

Call the sleep clinic at Kaiser and tell them that the card is missing. You can play innocent and tell them "gosh, it must have gotten lost". If they are good people (my local Kaiser sleep clinic people are good people) they will put the screws on Crapria or might have a spare around to give you. They know the games Crapria plays.
But other clinics might tell you that you don't need it because they can monitor you over the air.

You could try Crapria, too, but that's a blood pressure raiser.
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

harrywr2

Post by harrywr2 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:40 am

I didn't get an SD card from Apria/Kaiser either nor did anyone else in the Kaiser/Apria training session.
Kaiser can access the data directly from Resmed...they have no need for the chip.

Miss Emerita

Post by Miss Emerita » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:44 am

harrywr2 wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:40 am
I didn't get an SD card from Apria/Kaiser either nor did anyone else in the Kaiser/Apria training session.
Kaiser can access the data directly from Resmed...they have no need for the chip.
I did get an SD card from Kaiser/Apria, so maybe it varies from location to location. I personally would just get an SD card myself to avoid further frustration and move on, but everyone's different.
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/