Need Help with Better Sleep and Pressure Sets

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ajack

Re: Need Help with Better Sleep and Pressure Sets

Post by ajack » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:20 am

Positional clustering was my first observation on page one. I did make some suggestions there for you to try. When there is a large swing in pressure over the night, it is an indicator. although better than the highs you were getting. You are currently getting pressures in the 13 on auto, so you do need a mask to seal. There is the mask fit option that blows high pressure.

Although I don't think 13 was causing an issue, as your charts are using this pressure in auto. I think pugsy suggestion of 10.5 is actually getting close. I would move it up 1cm and then review. It doesn't look like you will need 13 as a min pressure. 11.5 to 12.5 looks about it. These numbers aren't set in stone and because you are close, can be changed once a week. You will find that the philips does like to be close to the 95% number and a week will give you a good look at the results.

apap_user

Post by apap_user » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:41 pm

ajack wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:20 am
Positional clustering was my first observation on page one. I did make some suggestions there for you to try. When there is a large swing in pressure over the night, it is an indicator. although better than the highs you were getting. You are currently getting pressures in the 13 on auto, so you do need a mask to seal. There is the mask fit option that blows high pressure.

Although I don't think 13 was causing an issue, as your charts are using this pressure in auto. I think pugsy suggestion of 10.5 is actually getting close. I would move it up 1cm and then review. It doesn't look like you will need 13 as a min pressure. 11.5 to 12.5 looks about it. These numbers aren't set in stone and because you are close, can be changed once a week. You will find that the philips does like to be close to the 95% number and a week will give you a good look at the results.
Thank you, here's last night. I consider it a win, and only time will tell if it will be sustained. I decided to bump it back up to 12.0 based on the reply you sent before this message, suggesting it may be positional and also because I replaced my mask. Not daring to go to 13, I settled for 12.0 for now. Although the new mask (dreamwear full-face) still had slight variations in leak rate during the night, probably from me tossing and turning, but in general sealed well and am hoping it continues working as it did last night. Please see results below and can't thank you all enough. More importantly, correlating this with respect to how I feel today, I would say well rested.

Additional Comments: Philips Respironics DreamStation Auto CPAP (500X110)
Attachments
screenshot-20190711-113527.png
screenshot-20190711-113527.png (114.41 KiB) Viewed 17701 times

ajack

Post by ajack » Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:33 pm

12 looks good to me, your numbers are good. Keep 12 for a while. The rest is up to you. Focus on leaks, you want a mask that will seal at 15-20, so you have a buffer. you can use the mask fit option that blows high pressure.
Positional looked good last night, Getting your head back, to open your airway. Pillow adjustment/types that support the neck and such, you won't need the foam cervical collar.

apap_user

Post by apap_user » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:44 pm

I'm glad the clustering wasn't much of an issue yesterday, and I'll keep an eye on it to see if it continues that way. Moreso because I decided to sleep in various orientations and not so much on my back. Have there been correlation or experience from users here on the advantages or disadvantages of sleeping in different positions? I think I need to read up on what the mask fit option does. I have seen that option in the settings, but I wasn't sure what turning it on would imply.
Does it just do a quick check when I start the cpap? What would be the feedback information I receive from it to take action on?

apap_user

Post by apap_user » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:26 pm

Good evening. I am attaching data from last night.
Not sure what was up with the cluster at the start of the session, I do remember that around 11:55-midnight I was just beginning to fall asleep; whether I was awake or asleep at the time of cluster, I cannot say definitely. I zoomed in on that cluster to show a more analyzable plot.
The rest of the night was mostly alright, except for the periodic breathing which recorded lasted for about 4 mins 10 seconds. Can someone please help explain what that means. I have zoomed in on the graph at that time as well. Are there any red-alert irregularities there that I need to bring to my doctor's attention?

Thank you.

Attachments
screenshot-20190713-182108.png
screenshot-20190713-182108.png (107.85 KiB) Viewed 17654 times
screenshot-20190713-181913.png
screenshot-20190713-181913.png (107.54 KiB) Viewed 17654 times
screenshot-20190713-181636.png
screenshot-20190713-181636.png (116.71 KiB) Viewed 17654 times

ajack

Post by ajack » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:44 pm

I wouldn't increase the pressure and keep it at 12, if over the week, the 95% stays at 12. You could reduce to 11.5, because 12 may not be needed. You could also leave it at 12. This is what may be set as a fixed pressure CPAP. You can keep this as your min pressure.
The cluster at the beginning if the night sounds like SWJ sleep wake junk. The transition period.
The PB means nothing and is normal range. If you look at your minute vent, you probably won't see much of a change, when you average the up and down. There were some deep breathing amongst it, that may have overdone o2 and then waiting till the co2 built back up.

apap_user

Post by apap_user » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:19 pm

ajack wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:44 pm
I wouldn't increase the pressure and keep it at 12, if over the week, the 95% stays at 12. You could reduce to 11.5, because 12 may not be needed. You could also leave it at 12. This is what may be set as a fixed pressure CPAP. You can keep this as your min pressure.
The cluster at the beginning if the night sounds like SWJ sleep wake junk. The transition period.
The PB means nothing and is normal range. If you look at your minute vent, you probably won't see much of a change, when you average the up and down. There were some deep breathing amongst it, that may have overdone o2 and then waiting till the co2 built back up.
I can't thank you enough. I do have a problem with the magnetic latch on the full face dreamwear releasing in the middle of my sleep, causing the mask to come offy face. Has anyone here had experience with rare earth magnets and is that what is being used to hold these masks to latch in place? I'll share some charts of these loose latch nights later.

My next best bet would be to start wrapping masking tape around them to keep them in place. Beside that the mask has been a great fit for my needs at this pressure I'm currently using.

apap_user

Post by apap_user » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:31 pm

The mask keeps flying off my face, the magnets are popping loose. Even though I make sure straps are properly installed on my face before I fall asleep.

Attachments
screenshot-20190715-143018.png
screenshot-20190715-143018.png (119.23 KiB) Viewed 17599 times
screenshot-20190715-141854.png
screenshot-20190715-141854.png (122.19 KiB) Viewed 17599 times

apap_user

Post by apap_user » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:03 pm

ajack wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:49 pm
There are also some clusters in the first chart, that may be positional and need pillow adjustment or a $10 foam cervical collar to get the head back and airway open
Thanks for recommending this. The one I ordered came in yesterday and I used it last night. It turned out okay so far with 1 night's use. I will be using it again tonight.

Attachments
screenshot-20190717-123241.png
screenshot-20190717-123241.png (121.73 KiB) Viewed 17568 times

ajack

Post by ajack » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:58 am

Taping the magnets and using the velcro straps may be the solution. It will shorten the life of the headgear, but if you are on insurance you get a mask every 6 months.

The respiration rate chart looks more even with the collar. Now that you know how the head position feels. You may be able to duplicate it with a type of pillow.
I've just noticed you have the pressure showing for 90%of the time. If you want to, you can change that to 95% in the settings. That way when you back off the min pressure, till you see a slight drop. You will know you are around the mark. Fixing the positional may reduce the pressure you need.

All in all, I think you are doing well. The charts look good.

apap_user

Post by apap_user » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:26 am

ajack wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:58 am
Taping the magnets and using the velcro straps may be the solution. It will shorten the life of the headgear, but if you are on insurance you get a mask every 6 months.

The respiration rate chart looks more even with the collar. Now that you know how the head position feels. You may be able to duplicate it with a type of pillow.
I've just noticed you have the pressure showing for 90%of the time. If you want to, you can change that to 95% in the settings. That way when you back off the min pressure, till you see a slight drop. You will know you are around the mark. Fixing the positional may reduce the pressure you need.

All in all, I think you are doing well. The charts look good.
Hi ajack, Happy Monday and thank you for the encouragement and following up on these posts. I've attached charts showing the past 3 nights for your reference. The results are getting a lot more consistent now. I traded in my sample/trial dreamwear fullface mask for a brand new one that I am now using. It's taking a little bit of time to break-in and straps feel tight right now but overtime I'm sure this will resolve itself.
In response to your posts, I had the pressure changed to 90% based on a post on the forum where someone mentioned that PR System one calculates / uses 90% on their machines compared to ResMed versions, so I changed it to 90 instead of 95%; it's now back to 95% after your post.

If I understand correctly, you mean I should begin slowly reducing the min pressure until the 95% pressure in the chart drops below "~13" in my case, to determine my actual min pressure?

Thank you in advance.

Attachments
screenshot-20190722-101905.png
screenshot-20190722-101905.png (109.76 KiB) Viewed 17513 times
screenshot-20190722-101836.png
screenshot-20190722-101836.png (115.31 KiB) Viewed 17513 times
screenshot-20190722-101708.png
screenshot-20190722-101708.png (115.55 KiB) Viewed 17513 times

ajack

Post by ajack » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:04 pm

I think you have your head around this very well.
95% is just a tighter number, you want your min a bit below 95% sometimes. To confirm you aren't over pressure. With the collar chart, it had your med and 90% at 12. I was wondering if it made an improvement long term. I would want my min pressure to be a little below my average 95% and let the auto do the rest. I think the 12 is still the number, going by your last lot of charts. You get some bouncing around. I hope the new mask works out.

Melano123

Post by Melano123 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:18 pm

How do I turn off the ramp settings to full pressure from the beginning on my Fisher and Pick icon Need some help ASAP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miss Emerita

Post by Miss Emerita » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:54 pm

Please start a new thread with your question and give it a descriptive title. That way people will be able to help you more quickly.
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/