New CPAP machine

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: New CPAP machine

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:09 am

Resmed is certainly higher priced than LESSER machines.
Those lesser machines are MOST CERTAINLY OVERPRICED.
They have AT LEAST that much less to offer.
Your health is at stake--common sense says skimp somewhere else.
Maybe a cheaper phone--or a used car, or home cooking.
You may not even SURVIVE a crappy cpap!

richac

Post by richac » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:24 pm

jas32 wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 2:49 pm
richac wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:12 pm
But for some reason this Ibreeze never changes pressure.
I wonder if your iBreeze is not set up properly (or not set up identical to your previous units). My understanding is that all iBreeze units are both CPAP (fixed pressure) and APAP (adjusting pressure) capable.
It just does not function the same. It could be it is superior to the resmed and phillips. I have no idea, the fact it is cheaply made just has me concerned. I'm not waking up with a swollen throat which is the reason I use the machine. and my oxygen, respiration and heart rate all seem to be ok so i guess thats all that matters. I should probably stop focusing on what the machine is doing while i'm awake as well, because all that is matters is what happens once I fall asleep.

Respirator99

Post by Respirator99 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:36 pm

zonker wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:11 pm
makes me think of the person who came in once and laughed because he couldn't understand why those of us using nasal pillows went to all the additional bother of using things to keep their mouth shut when all you needed was a full face mask.
sigh.
That would have been me and I still don't understand it. Never mind, I never said I was the sharpest tool in the shed. :lol:
* Download Oscar
* Oscar help
* An alternative to Oscar - try SleepHQ

I have no medical training or qualifications. Take my advice for what it's worth.

zonker

Post by zonker » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:41 pm

Respirator99 wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:36 pm
zonker wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:11 pm
makes me think of the person who came in once and laughed because he couldn't understand why those of us using nasal pillows went to all the additional bother of using things to keep their mouth shut when all you needed was a full face mask.
sigh.
That would have been me and I still don't understand it. Never mind, I never said I was the sharpest tool in the shed. :lol:
OH!

no,no, no. wasn't you, some other guy came in and was extremely condescending about it. YOU at least listened to the explanation. the other jerk just rolled his eyes.

for me, i won't use a ffm because i have a beard which i will NOT shave. when i first came here, enough of the forum said i could at least try it and see. so i did. i saw. i couldn't get a seal with that beard. even tried nasal mask. no go.

wasn't happy until i did the nasal pillow thing. but of course, that opened another whole can of worms. even so, with all i have to go through to get to sleep, i'm still happy to keep that beard!

so no, wasn't you.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:20 am

Respirator99 wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:36 pm
That would have been me and I still don't understand it.
Two steps farther: I use an FFM and tape my lips and wear a foam cervical collar. Works great for me.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:21 am

richac wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:24 pm
I should probably stop focusing on what the machine is doing while i'm awake as well, because all that is matters is what happens once I fall asleep.
Nailed it!