AHI numbers

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
kawman

AHI numbers

Post by kawman » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:41 am

I have been on my CPAP machine for about 6 months now, my ahi numbers started out at around 11 and fluctuated from 11 to 17 for about 4 months, they then gradually started lowering to average around 7-8, for about a month, they then fluctuated from 3 -7 which I was happy with as I really felt amazing when they were lower and I thought I was on my way , but now with no change to anything that I am doing they are now back up to 7-11 on a normal basis and I am again feeling like I did before, tired ,irritable etc, any ideas to why and how what I can do ?

Pugsy

Re: AHI numbers

Post by Pugsy » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:50 am

Need to know the event category breakdown of those AHI numbers.
Without knowing more information the best we can do is make wild ass guesses which isn't particularly helpful.

Where are you getting those numbers? Off the machine's LCD screen or using software?
Don't know about software?
https://sleep.tnet.com/equipment

What brand and model machine are you using?
Please fill in your equipment profile...don't know how...see this
wiki/index.php/Registering_Equipment_in_User_Profile

What are your settings on your machine? All of them...

We are going to need to see what you are seeing on the software reports to be able to offer ideas as to what might be going on and how to maybe improve things.
See this...
viewtopic/t158560/How-to-post-images-for-review.html

You might need a pressure adjustment depending on what that AHI is made up of but don't go changing things without knowing for sure what and why because sometimes more pressure can make things worse.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

kawman

Re: AHI numbers

Post by kawman » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:09 am

Pugsy wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:50 am
Need to know the event category breakdown of those AHI numbers.
Without knowing more information the best we can do is make wild ass guesses which isn't particularly helpful.

Where are you getting those numbers? Off the machine's LCD screen or using software?
Don't know about software?
https://sleep.tnet.com/equipment

What brand and model machine are you using?
Please fill in your equipment profile...don't know how...see this
wiki/index.php/Registering_Equipment_in_User_Profile

What are your settings on your machine? All of them...

We are going to need to see what you are seeing on the software reports to be able to offer ideas as to what might be going on and how to maybe improve things.
See this...
viewtopic/t158560/How-to-post-images-for-review.html

You might need a pressure adjustment depending on what that AHI is made up of but don't go changing things without knowing for sure what and why because sometimes more pressure can make things worse.
I don’t know about software, but I will look at info you gave me and I will then get back to you, thanks for all the info!