wisp mask question

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
gabagoo

wisp mask question

Post by gabagoo » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:17 am

I have now had my machine for a couple of months and I found during the trial period that the wisp mask worked best for me of the ones I tried. Lately though I have had nights where I have been taking the mask off after only an hour and a half sleep as I find that on some nights I just can't get the mask to seat properly and get these tiny air leaks that tickle my face or blow into my eyes. Sometimes it will re-seat itself and I fall back asleep and then there are other nights that it seems no matter what I do I just can't get it to stop leaking, so I remove the mask in an attempt to stay tired and fall back asleep...in fact it has become something that I am unaware of the next day until I check the machine to see how long I went with the mask. Last night I switched the nose piece to the slightly larger one that came with the mask.. I had to tighten the velcro a little more to get it to connect properly and I am pretty sure I got about 5 hours out of it.

ChicagoGranny

Re: wisp mask question

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:57 am

gabagoo wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:17 am
wisp mask question
You might want to watch several of the videos on fitting, adjusting and preventing leaks - https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... mask+leaks

Also, pay particular attention to hose management. It should have some slack, so that it doesn't pull on the mask when you move.

Good luck!