So...can't wait till Friday

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Barb (Seattle)
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:41 pm

So...can't wait till Friday

Post by Barb (Seattle) » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:58 pm

I find out the results of my sleep study.

In the meantime...my numbers are still "horrible..please consult your Dr." on the Sleeyhead software.

I almost wish I didn't know how bad they were :( I wish I couldn't check it, but I can't resist now
that I know I can sigh :(
DreamStation
21 years on CPAP

User avatar
MamaGord
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:05 pm

Re: So...can't wait till Friday

Post by MamaGord » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:01 pm

I am sorry, Friday is so close ❤️
Emily ~ happily married mom to 4
Using CPAP since 3.21.18 pressure 9-15

Barb (Seattle)
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:41 pm

Re: So...can't wait till Friday

Post by Barb (Seattle) » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:48 am

it is...but I've had horrible numbers for almost a year. I am ready for a resolution. I've called for months off and on..had a sleep study that is inconclusive (couldn't resolve central apnea) last august.
My back hurts. My shouders are messed up. I need spinal surgery in the next year. there is WAYYY to much going on physically.

I need to be rested...and I'm not :(
DreamStation
21 years on CPAP

User avatar
LSAT
Posts: 9620
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:11 am
Location: SE Wisconsin

Re: So...can't wait till Friday

Post by LSAT » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:12 pm

Barb (Seattle) wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:48 am
it is...but I've had horrible numbers for almost a year. I am ready for a resolution. I've called for months off and on..had a sleep study that is inconclusive (couldn't resolve central apnea) last august.
My back hurts. My shouders are messed up. I need spinal surgery in the next year. there is WAYYY to much going on physically.

I need to be rested...and I'm not :(
I'm trying to immagine what your CPAP machine was like 21 years ago. :)

_________________
Machine: S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine
Mask: Mirage Quattro™ Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
Humidifier: S9™ Series H5i™ Heated Humidifier with Climate Control
Additional Comments:  S9 Autoset...APAP Settings 11-15

User avatar
Okie bipap
Posts: 1485
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:14 pm
Location: Central Oklahoma

Re: So...can't wait till Friday

Post by Okie bipap » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:01 pm

The CPAP machines 21 years ago were big, ugly units, and you had very limited selection of masks. When I was first tested over 20 years ago, I opted for surgery in an attempt to control my sleep apnea. My job required frequent travel by air, and I was already carrying a nebulizer machine with me. The one I had would fit in my briefcase, so I could carry it on with me. There was not way I would have been able to carry the CPAP machine with me.

_________________
Machine: AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
Mask: AirFit™ F20 Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: IPAP 12-22, ps 4, Sleepyhead software

User avatar
Sheriff Buford
Posts: 3409
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:01 am
Location: Kingwood, Texas

Re: So...can't wait till Friday

Post by Sheriff Buford » Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:34 am

Let us know what happened.

Sheriff

_________________
Machine: AirSense™ 10 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
Mask: FitLife Total Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: I use both the Resmed F10 and Fitlife Total Mask. No humidifier.

Barb (Seattle)
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:41 pm

Re: So...can't wait till Friday

Post by Barb (Seattle) » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:16 pm

LSAT wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:12 pm
Barb (Seattle) wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:48 am
it is...but I've had horrible numbers for almost a year. I am ready for a resolution. I've called for months off and on..had a sleep study that is inconclusive (couldn't resolve central apnea) last august.
My back hurts. My shouders are messed up. I need spinal surgery in the next year. there is WAYYY to much going on physically.

I need to be rested...and I'm not :(
I'm trying to immagine what your CPAP machine was like 21 years ago. :)
It was the Sullivan (probably not this version in the picture but it looked like that) and it sounded like a 747 LOL
CF2101.jpg
CF2101.jpg (42.94 KiB) Viewed 715 times
DreamStation
21 years on CPAP

Barb (Seattle)
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:41 pm

Re: So...can't wait till Friday

Post by Barb (Seattle) » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:19 pm

Because I only slept 4 hours....they couldn't qualify me for an ASV machine. they put me in bed too late, so I couldn't relax, but anyway....


55/hour AHI during the sleep study. 45 of that number? Centrals! sheesh. I am ON CPAP and they had to monkey around to see if I needed it first...then, cycle through CPAP. I failed that, so they tried BiPap. By the time that happened it was morning...sigh.

sleep study again tomorrow night just for titration. HOPEFULLY, we get to a machine that can treat my centrals. Don't know what's going to happen if they can't figure this out. I guess heart problems, and stroke is in my future. Great.
DreamStation
21 years on CPAP

Barb (Seattle)
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:41 pm

Re: So...can't wait till Friday

Post by Barb (Seattle) » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:21 pm

Okie bipap wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:01 pm
The CPAP machines 21 years ago were big, ugly units, and you had very limited selection of masks. When I was first tested over 20 years ago, I opted for surgery in an attempt to control my sleep apnea. My job required frequent travel by air, and I was already carrying a nebulizer machine with me. The one I had would fit in my briefcase, so I could carry it on with me. There was not way I would have been able to carry the CPAP machine with me.

Did your surgery work? I had UPPP. the AHI went from 70/hour to 64. A glaring failure.
DreamStation
21 years on CPAP

User avatar
Okie bipap
Posts: 1485
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:14 pm
Location: Central Oklahoma

Re: So...can't wait till Friday

Post by Okie bipap » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:46 pm

The major symptoms were gone for around 15 years. I didn't snore, and my wife didn't notice me stopping breathing at night. My symptoms returned around six months before I retired in 2013.

_________________
Machine: AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
Mask: AirFit™ F20 Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: IPAP 12-22, ps 4, Sleepyhead software

D.H.
Posts: 1696
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:07 pm

Re: So...can't wait till Friday

Post by D.H. » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:39 pm

My F&P HC-201 was state-of-the-art when I got it in 1999. It is about 150% the size of my Dream Station. It was the only CPAP on the market at the time with integrated humidification. The humidifier could not be removed from the machine, and I don't think that it could be turned off completely (I could be wrong about that). The hose only attached to the water tank, which was in the from of the unit. If the tank cracked, the machine could not be used! It had a permanent power cord with a three pong (i.e. grounded) plug. Although it was compatible with U.S. and foreign electricity, the grounded pug made it difficult in foreign countries (the manufacturer warned not to use it ungrounded). Also, it was much noisier than current machines. It did not have altitude adjustment (not even manual), nor did it have leak compensation. It was not in any way data capable. The only thing measured was motor hours, so they could not tell if you were using it as long as you ran the motor.

_________________
MachineMaskHumidifier
Additional Comments: Min pressure 13.5 - Max pressure 20. No ramp. No exhalation relief. Max automatic humidification with heated hose.
Last edited by D.H. on Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Barb (Seattle)
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:41 pm

Re: So...can't wait till Friday

Post by Barb (Seattle) » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:39 am

1999..so long ago!


study went great I think. She kept wanting me on my back as I don't HAVE any apneas on my side :) :) :) so...I tried to do that...my back hurts when I sleep on my back for long, so I did it for a while. Hopefully, it's enough to go on ASV if I need it. I used the Resmed F20 I love that mask!!
I took an Ambien and am still a little groggy from it...ugh

she started it at 20/16 bipap...no wonder I have gas today lololol

so....this coming Friday I'll know. I can't wait to see the results...
DreamStation
21 years on CPAP

Barb (Seattle)
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:41 pm

Re: So...can't wait till Friday

Post by Barb (Seattle) » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:40 am

Okie bipap wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:46 pm
The major symptoms were gone for around 15 years. I didn't snore, and my wife didn't notice me stopping breathing at night. My symptoms returned around six months before I retired in 2013.
I take it you went back on CPAP?
DreamStation
21 years on CPAP

User avatar
Okie bipap
Posts: 1485
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:14 pm
Location: Central Oklahoma

Re: So...can't wait till Friday

Post by Okie bipap » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:27 pm

I am on a bilevel machine, as is my wife. We have matching machine and almost matching pressure settings. I have been on my machine since May of 2015

_________________
Machine: AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
Mask: AirFit™ F20 Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: IPAP 12-22, ps 4, Sleepyhead software

Barb (Seattle)
Posts: 564
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2005 6:41 pm

Re: So...can't wait till Friday

Post by Barb (Seattle) » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:07 am

:D


so..today I find out..in 2 hours can't wait.


these are my recent stats. horrible as usual.


Therapy Efficacy
AHI 30.90

Obstructive Index 2.88
Hypopnea Index 4.54
Clear Airway Index 23.44
Flow Limitation Index 0.00 0.00 0.00 0.19 0.11
RERA Index 3.
DreamStation
21 years on CPAP