Ah ha! I get it now

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Lucyhere

Re: Ah ha! I get it now

Post by Lucyhere » Tue May 01, 2018 8:09 pm

kteague wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 6:18 pm
Sooo, someone struggles with a rocky start, then has a successful night and begins to "get it". This is comparable to someone saying "you were right" but what do they get - reshashing and lashing over (mis?)perceived wrongs. How about celebrating a success? Starting over from here? A success is still a success, no matter how circuitous the route taken to get there. The longer I live (and the shorter my life by nature gets) the more I feel drawn to those things that help another along life's way rather than taking ball bats to already wobbly knees. If you give them rope and they hang themselves, that's on them, but I won't be tying the noose and lying in wait.
Sorry kteague... just a little to sensible for some of the posters in this thread.
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue May 01, 2018 8:10 pm

BTS wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 7:45 pm
aswayze wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 7:23 pm
Run along Palerider, grown folks is talkin...
You're one messed up person esp knowing you don't have sleep apnea
Given the "slept like a rock" comment in the first post, best guess says that OP is just under the delusion that he doesn't have sleep disturbed breathing of some sort.

Of course, since all he wants to do is pay games here... :shrug:

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Tue May 01, 2018 8:12 pm

Bleep/P10

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue May 01, 2018 8:17 pm

Frat boy?
The fog is clearing.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Tue May 01, 2018 8:17 pm

aswayze wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 5:46 pm
It's my machine. I bought it. I do not have to give it back to anybody. Similarly, I do not mow the grass 4 hours per night however I am not obligated to "give back" my 1980s Lawnboy lawnmower.

I DO want to live. Note that I have been living for some time now and as of yet have not been dead so clearly this is not an instant death situation.

All of that said, the near term priority is "compliance" so comply I will but it does seem to be doing me some good so I am glad to actually put it to use.
If you bought it...and I doubt that you did, there is no compliance issue. I doubt that you would actually spend the money and then not use the darn thing.
I guess if you really wanted to show some hours on the machine you could turn it on and go to work. Kidding no one but yourself.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Tue May 01, 2018 8:19 pm

Lucyhere wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 8:12 pm
Past your bedtime Lucy? :lol:

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Tue May 01, 2018 8:21 pm

L... I guess so - and it's only 7:20 pm here. :lol: Have no clue what happened either. I reported it to Pugsy, so we'll see.
Bleep/P10

BTS

Post by BTS » Tue May 01, 2018 8:23 pm

If you go back to his first thread here you'll see he's really not a good person and trying to cheat the system and still is... There is nothing helpful we can do for him, there is no intent on using the machine, he wants the hours on it that's it ...

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue May 01, 2018 8:28 pm

LSAT wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 8:17 pm
aswayze wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 5:46 pm
It's my machine. I bought it. I do not have to give it back to anybody. Similarly, I do not mow the grass 4 hours per night however I am not obligated to "give back" my 1980s Lawnboy lawnmower.

I DO want to live. Note that I have been living for some time now and as of yet have not been dead so clearly this is not an instant death situation.

All of that said, the near term priority is "compliance" so comply I will but it does seem to be doing me some good so I am glad to actually put it to use.
If you bought it...and I doubt that you did, there is no compliance issue. I doubt that you would actually spend the money and then not use the darn thing.
I guess if you really wanted to show some hours on the machine you could turn it on and go to work. Kidding no one but yourself.
Well, it's clear that there are no actual "compliance" issues, no matter what words the OP uses.

he's got some kinda problem (maybe multiple ones) and is playing some kinda game.

If anybody wants to try and help this yoyo, you need to figure out what the actual issue is, and forget about the word "compliance".

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

aswayze

Post by aswayze » Tue May 01, 2018 8:35 pm

I was trying to talk about CPAP... Is this the wrong forum for that? Did I stumble into the Stasi forum?

I think this speaks to perhaps the largest problem I see regarding this sort of thing. For the most part, questions and/or problems are answered with hostility. Not just here, talking to docs about this sort of thing, the people I got the machine from etc.

I ask a question, I get no answers, just hostility.

I guess it is time for me to join the chorus of voices that do nothing but complain about these machines.

I am beginning to see that this thing actually does something helpful and I look forward to getting to a point where I CAN make use of it full time, while sleeping and not have to spin the clock during my wake hours. As it stands, rules get in the way of being able to just sleep with it so for now I will be going to bed WITH THE CPAP after I have my time in so that I can be sure that I will be compliant in the morning.

This forum has a great deal of useful information on it and for that I am of course thankful. I do dearly wish that some effort was made to actually keep on topic and focus on information rather than stupid accusatory BS. I am sure that there was once a time when these machines were made by magic elves who lived in trees but now it is just a machine like any other machine and the key to successful use is to get it and USE it. Silly rules and crappy attitudes I assure you do not get you there.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue May 01, 2018 8:42 pm

I think he is playing US.
Distracting us from helping HONEST people who need help.

BTS

Post by BTS » Tue May 01, 2018 8:44 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 8:42 pm
I think he is playing US.
Distracting us from helping HONEST people who need help.
Totally playing us... Time for us to all move on ...

aswayze

Post by aswayze » Tue May 01, 2018 8:49 pm

Or perhaps I am distracting you from badgering honest people with honest questions.

I have 3 hours of time in, I am going to bed. Here's to hoping that I get the same quality of sleep I got last night. If I could get that kind of sleep every night then life would be lovely!

HoseCrusher

Post by HoseCrusher » Tue May 01, 2018 9:04 pm

In case you haven't been able to figure out how this forum works, let me offer some assistance.

You have a very particular need when it comes to compliance and it is very foreign to the normal view of compliance. I don't think we can help you there given you offer no in depth information of what is driving your idea of compliance.

So, let's move on...

When you have a question, ask it. Just never mention compliance and you should get a good answer.

If you are unable to do that, you will be limited to reviewing past posts for the information you are looking for.

TedVPAP

Post by TedVPAP » Tue May 01, 2018 9:10 pm

aswayze wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 3:01 pm
So I have had my CPAP (Phillips Respironics Dreamstation) for a little over a month now and due to constraints of needing to be in compliance have not slept with it yet since early attempts to do so always resulted in me knocking the mask off and waking up to .3 hours of time elapsed and needing to huff and puff at the machine for the rest of the compliance time in the morning. Given that this was obviously a no go when I had a work day that meant puffing into the machine each evening after work till I had my compliance in then going to bed.

Basically I felt like I was suffocating with the mask on and had to take big deliberate breaths much like what you have to do when exerting yourself with a gas mask on. Every here and then I would dose off in the chair and the autoset would finally ramp the machine up and things felt much better so when I was at the docs last week I bugged the person who has the keys to the kingdom setup wise on my machine and got her to turn the start pressure up to 7 from 5.

I was short on time last night and despite needing to work decided to give it a shot actually sleeping with it.

I slept like a rock.

I totally get why you guys like these things now.

I cannot risk being off compliance so I will likely keep with awake use till I get my 4 hours in just to be sure for a bit but after that I will try actually sleeping with it some more. Hopefully, I can reliably sleep with it now since at the very least it would be nice to get my evenings back.
Having the minimum pressure too low to breath comfortably is a very common mistake. Not surprised that you feel more comfortable with 7 as opposed to 5.
Use sleepyhead (see the three links below) so that you can see every breath. Then you can learn how to further improve your treatment.

Additional Comments: AutoPAP 16-20, Ultimate Chin Strap http://sleepapneasolutionsinc.com/