Options to buy a second machine?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
hobbs

Re: Options to buy a second machine?

Post by hobbs » Sun May 06, 2018 5:17 pm

I recently purchased a new S8 from SecondWind for a travel machine and was never asked for an RX. YMMV.

RicaLynn

Post by RicaLynn » Sun May 06, 2018 5:23 pm

Aside from Craigslist, you may check various Facebook marketplace pages. This is where I found my backup S9 AutoSet for Her (identical to my primary machine, but <500hrs) for $60. Best believe I jumped on that deal in hurry!

Liam1965

Post by Liam1965 » Sun May 06, 2018 8:00 pm

Fortunately, I found someone on here willing to sell me the exact machine I have, with low hours on it.

So I'm good. And if my sleep doctor turns around and decides to pull the rod out of her... nether regions... then CPAP.COM will also ship me the cheap one that I tried to order...

But... better to have two extras than no extras, and if I get the second one, I can always sell it to someone else.

Liam, happy to have this kind of resolved.

Hopeful50

Post by Hopeful50 » Sun May 06, 2018 10:24 pm

BTW, most internet DMEs just require a prescription of any date. It's some insurance companies that require a current prescription.
FYI, when I purchased my Airstart 10 last month from cpap.com, I already had a current prescription on file with them for the Airsense 10 Autoset (and supplies). They couldn't accept the apap prescription for the purchase of a straight cpap machine. Thus, the call to my doc for a new & different Rx.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sun May 06, 2018 10:44 pm

Liam1965 wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 8:00 pm
Fortunately, I found someone on here willing to sell me the exact machine I have, with low hours on it.

So I'm good. And if my sleep doctor turns around and decides to pull the rod out of her... nether regions... then CPAP.COM will also ship me the cheap one that I tried to order...

But... better to have two extras than no extras, and if I get the second one, I can always sell it to someone else.

It's always good to have a spare, where ever you are most of the time.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

zonker

Post by zonker » Sun May 06, 2018 10:57 pm

Liam1965 wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 8:00 pm

good stuff! happy to see this (kind of) resolved so quickly.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

gwc2795

Post by gwc2795 » Mon May 07, 2018 4:29 am

I am not sure what happen to the link I posted earlier. It is for a RESMED Airsense 10 Autoset CPAP with 100 hours on it and a heated hose for $400
"https://www.dotmed.com/listing/cpap/res ... et/2664446"

SewTired

Post by SewTired » Tue May 08, 2018 1:10 pm

Liam, so sorry that your Mom got diagnosed with cancer. I got the 2nd machine also because of going back and forth caring for a family member. Glad you got a machine! Make sure you have a sturdy side table or place your machine on the floor. My machine fell off the tiny side table twice. At that point, I just kept my machine on the floor (only so many choices in someone else's home). If your Mom goes to the hospital, take your machine WITH YOU (lock in your trunk). Chances are, you may end up spending the night as I did on several occasions. Make sure that you have a safe extension cord in your machine bag to plug your machine in so that you can sleep there. In the ICU, it wasn't a problem as my cord reached easily to the socket, but in his room and in hospice, it didn't quite reach and I was glad to have the extension cord (not all hospitals are set up to have a family member stay the night, but quite a few do).

Last edited by SewTired on Tue May 08, 2018 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Diabetes 2, RLS & bradycardia
Airsense For Her; Settings: range 8-12, Airfit P10 (M)

Liam1965

Post by Liam1965 » Tue May 08, 2018 1:20 pm

SewTired wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 1:10 pm
If your Mom goes to the hospital, take your machine WITH YOU. Chances are, you may end up spending the night as I did on several occasions. Make sure that you have a safe extension cord in your machine bag to plug your machine in so that you can sleep there. In the ICU, it wasn't a problem as my cord reached easily to the socket, but in his room and in hospice, it didn't quite reach and I was glad to have the extension cord (not all hospitals are set up to have a family member stay the night, but quite a few do).
Great advice, thanks!