time settings for Sleepyhead

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Scuba Girl

time settings for Sleepyhead

Post by Scuba Girl » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:18 pm

Can someone tell me how to change my display settings in SH from 24 hour military time to 12 hour AM/PM time? or is that set in the machine?

Also, I need an explanation of these as well...I couldn't find anything in the User Guides/Help
Date Sleep Wake Hours
4/10/2018 20:41:14 03:26:25 06:45:11

I know my time zone settings are correct, and I have a ResMed S-9 APAP set to the 12 noon setting, so this would be for 4/10 beginning at noon...but I don't understand the Wake and Hours readings...I think the hours might be right...the total time the machine was in use is probably about the time I slept that night, but the Sleep and Wake are really throwing me for a loop... they don't correspond to anything I can relate them to.

Any help would be appreciated (GREATLY! lol)

RiverDave

Re: time settings for Sleepyhead

Post by RiverDave » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:34 pm

Not sure you can change from 24 hr to 12 hr (I didn't find a setting in preferences.
Sleep = time machine turned on
Wake = time machine turned off
Hours = how long the machine was on
Not sure how it handles bathroom breaks

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:37 pm

Change the clock setting in your S9. I think there is a setting for 12 hour vs 24 hr way of showing it. SH just is reporting what the machine reports. It's been a while since I have been inside my S9. If you can't find it let me know and I will go hunting it.

Sleep...that's the time you turn the machine on for the first time during that sleep reporting session... It's possible to have more turn on times...like if you take a nap at 3 PM for 2 hours...then get up and go back to bed at 10 PM...it still shows the first time you turned it on.

Wake...is the last time you turn the machine off during that sleep reporting period...again there can be more than one turning off but what you see is the last time.

Hours...that's the total number of hours used...in one session if no naps....or added together if a nap or you get up in the middle of the night or something.

Example...
Let's take a 2 hour nap at 3 PM...get up at 5 PM...go to bed at 10 PM...get up at 6 AM...
SH would show
Sleep 3 PM....Wake 6.... Hours...2 (the nap) plus the 8 during the night or 10 hours hours total use.

If no nap...10 PM Sleep...6 AM Wake...Hours would be 8.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Scuba Girl

Post by Scuba Girl » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:24 pm

Sorry for the delay in my thanks, but I was sidetracked by life. So the Sleep Wake etc explanations really help to clarify the problem. I thought they were military times but thought maybe there was something I just wasn't getting. I can get used to doing the military time math. So I now see my real problem is that my times do not reflect correctly. For instance, I went to bed last night at about 1:00am and got up this morning about 7:30am, but when I loaded a new data set from my machine today, it has my sleep time as 21:13 and wake time as 03:25, so everything is off by 4 hours. That's my real issue. Not a real problem if I'm looking at the data everyday, but it makes it hard when you're looking back through the data and trying to connect events to things that happened. I don't mind math, but not that much of it. ;-)

So based on the replies, I'm assuming it must be off in the machine. Thanks to LSAT for providing a link to the Clinical Manual in a rely to one of my previous posts, I think I'll be able to figure out how to fix this. I'm reattaching the link for others who may have this problem or just need the super-duper Resmed S9 secret decoder ring. lol

http://osahelp.com/clinician-manuals/S9 ... al-eng.pdf

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:36 pm

If the problem isn't the clock on the machine there is a time zone setting in SleepyHead that also needs to be correct for the times to match up.
It's in the user profile and you have to go to "edit profile" to see the time zone adjustment.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:44 pm

I never did figure out how to get Sleepyhead to use the time set on the machine. For instance, if I go to Europe, I set the time to six hours later than the East Coast of the US (where I live). When I return, I set it back. However, the time I was away appears to still be showing my home time, which is not what I want to see.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:01 pm

D.H. wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:44 pm
I never did figure out how to get Sleepyhead to use the time set on the machine. For instance, if I go to Europe, I set the time to six hours later than the East Coast of the US (where I live). When I return, I set it back. However, the time I was away appears to still be showing my home time, which is not what I want to see.
You can't do it and make the times separate because you can NOT set the time zone per day. It's a profile setting choice not a day/week or month choice. When the time zone gets changed it gets reflected in all the reports. You can either have the time in Europe correct on the reports or the time at home. Can't have both UNLESS you were to setup a completely different profile and keep the profiles separate with different time zone adjustments....and separate SD cards and erase past data so it doesn't go onto the SD cards.
A lot of unnecessary work just so the clock start usage and ending usage matches the clock perfect.
Hours slept and hours used is the same no matter what the report says the start/stop time is. It's not the end of the world if the start time says 7 PM and you really started at midnight because you were in a locality that is in an earlier time zone.

But if you just have to do it and have it that way it can be done.
Erase all past data on the machine and the SD card (or get a new one) and create a new separate profile for the trip and when you get home erase it all again and start fresh again with old profile.

Can't do what you want even with Encore.