my Craigslist find

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
zoocrewphoto

Re: my Craigslist find

Post by zoocrewphoto » Mon May 07, 2018 2:37 am

If I see a really new machine for sale like that, I will let the seller know that if they got with insurance, they may still owe on it if they did not complete compliance. If they still choose to sell it, then that is on them. Either they made compliance, got it fully paid for, or they are the one taking the risk.

I don't see how the buyer could be at fault. The owner should know whether they legally own it or if they need to pay or return it. If they can't return it, then they must pay. That isn't the buyer's fault. The seller would not be selling it if they thought they had to return it or pay. So, it would not be regarded as missing or stolen at the time of the sale anyway.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Mon May 07, 2018 3:42 am

zoocrewphoto wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 2:37 am
If I see a really new machine for sale like that, I will let the seller know that if they got with insurance, they may still owe on it if they did not complete compliance. If they still choose to sell it, then that is on them. Either they made compliance, got it fully paid for, or they are the one taking the risk.

I don't see how the buyer could be at fault. The owner should know whether they legally own it or if they need to pay or return it. If they can't return it, then they must pay. That isn't the buyer's fault. The seller would not be selling it if they thought they had to return it or pay. So, it would not be regarded as missing or stolen at the time of the sale anyway.
If the seller later had to pay they could say it was stolen but that is not likely.

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

mw757

Post by mw757 » Mon May 07, 2018 9:08 am

TASmart wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 8:50 am
Some insurance company may well be chasing some poor sod for the return of this one. Makes me wonder if it is supposed to be on rental, did you buy a hot machine and would you be obligated to turn it over to the police if they were to ask for it? Or maybe it was bought outright by someone who hated it and they were cutting their losses or died and it was an estate disposition.
Worry is a waste of imagination.

BTS

Post by BTS » Mon May 07, 2018 9:11 am

mw757 wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 9:08 am
TASmart wrote:
Some insurance company may well be chasing some poor sod for the return of this one. Makes me wonder if it is supposed to be on rental, did you buy a hot machine and would you be obligated to turn it over to the police if they were to ask for it? Or maybe it was bought outright by someone who hated it and they were cutting their losses or died and it was an estate disposition.
Worry is a waste of imagination.
These people need to chill ... Probably upset they didn't get this kinda deal and no doubt they would not turn down this price if it was an option ...

AirMech74

Post by AirMech74 » Mon May 07, 2018 9:25 am

prodigyplace wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 3:42 am
zoocrewphoto wrote:

If the seller later had to pay they could say it was stolen but that is not likely.
I'm not sweating it anymore...I used paypal to pay for it..so not worried about the seller ever saying it was stolen...I have a reciept! :D

A man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy" ~ Pres. John F. Kennedy

BTS

Post by BTS » Mon May 07, 2018 9:30 am

AirMech74 wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 9:25 am
prodigyplace wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 3:42 am
zoocrewphoto wrote:

I'm not sweating it anymore...I used paypal to pay for it..so not worried about the seller ever saying it was stolen...I have a reciept! :D
How is everything working out for you anyways ... The new machine and the F20 ?

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Mon May 07, 2018 9:33 am

palerider wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 4:38 pm
AirMech74 wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 4:22 pm
TASmart wrote:
Ok, now you are freaking me out...lol Is there a way to turn off the modem? It had some stickers and dates on it, it appeared to have been issued back in early 2017. The DME was from a small town near Tulsa.
Best to just put tas on your foe list and ignore him.
Thank God
All posts reflect my own opinion based on my experience and reading.
Your mileage may vary
Past performance is no guarantee of future results
Consult with your own physician as people very

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Mon May 07, 2018 9:36 am

AirMech74 wrote:
TASmart wrote:
Ok, now you are freaking me out...lol Is there a way to turn off the modem? It had some stickers and dates on it, it appeared to have been issued back in early 2017. The DME was from a small town near Tulsa.

If you read what I said, I suggested that a DME might be chasing the seller, not you. I wondered if it would turn out to be hot or sold when on rental ( typically the first 13 months) could you be made to return it to the DME or insurance co. When you buy something way below Fair market there is usually a reason, be it good or bad.
All posts reflect my own opinion based on my experience and reading.
Your mileage may vary
Past performance is no guarantee of future results
Consult with your own physician as people very

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Mon May 07, 2018 10:03 am

palerider wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 4:38 pm
AirMech74 wrote:
TASmart wrote:
Best to just put tas on your foe list and ignore him.
Done

Thanks for the tip.

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

HDCowboy

Post by HDCowboy » Mon May 07, 2018 3:19 pm

I bought a Aircurcve 10 VAuto for $400 off Craiglist in Houston, it had about 40hrs on it, I thought I got a good deal. Seems the guy has an endless supply of them, I dont know where he gets them from, I asked him but he wouldnt tell me. It obvoulsy wasnt hot though as I registered it on the Resmed site and use thier MyAir program with it, along with SleepyHead.
ResMed AirCurve 10 V-Auto / ResMed AirFit P10 Nasal Pillows

SewTired

Post by SewTired » Mon May 07, 2018 4:13 pm

Congrats on the great deal! I'm sure you feel better knowing you have a backup.

Airsense For Her; Settings: range 8-12, Airfit P10 (M)