Anoynomous AWAKE Sleep Apnea Initiative Survey

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
asleep@thewheel

Anoynomous AWAKE Sleep Apnea Initiative Survey

Post by asleep@thewheel » Mon May 07, 2018 2:41 pm

This is a direct link to the public survey we are gathering across the country. We will use the information to help inform all of our patient journeys including the good, the bad, and the ugly.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/awakesleepapnea

Thank you for your consideration. It should take no longer than 15-20 minutes to complete and does not have to be done all at once. It can be saved and you can go back to it. I for one know and remember the good days from bad days. Please help us educate the key stakeholders that set policy. If we aren’t at the table, we will remain on the menu.

You can also register to participate in the livestream on June 8, 2018 at www.awakesleepapnea.org

Respectfully,

Adam Amdur
chief patient officer
www.sleepapnea.org
American Sleep Apnea Association
Last edited by asleep@thewheel on Mon May 07, 2018 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jnk...

Re: Annoynomous AWAKE Sleep Apnea Initiative Survey

Post by jnk... » Mon May 07, 2018 3:43 pm

Done.

My only complaint (and I usually have a few, you know) is that a few of the questions seem to imply/assume there must presently be some problems/concerns with therapy, when that is not the case for those of those who are fully treated by PAP therapy. When there were no choices for expressing that everything is great now that treatment is optimized, I just wrote it into the comment box. But that won't be tabulated, since it wasn't a box to check. That lack of a selection for positive responses will badly skew ALL the data in such a way as to paint an unduly negative picture of PAP therapy, in my opinion, making the "results" of the survey MUCH less useful than they might have been, in my opinion.

JS,HJM (just sayin', hey just me.) :)
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon May 07, 2018 3:46 pm

Beyond belief - you just wasted 1/2 hr of my time... I did the whole survey (with comments) but it won't let me register it saying that "Decimals, percentages, and non-numeric characters are not accepted." even though I have absolutely not used any of those! Maddening!

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Mon May 07, 2018 4:14 pm

jnk... wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 3:43 pm
Done.

My only complaint (and I usually have a few, you know) is that a few of the questions seem to imply/assume there must presently be some problems/concerns with therapy, when that is not the case for those of those who are fully treated by PAP therapy. When there were no choices for expressing that everything is great now that treatment is optimized, I just wrote it into the comment box. But that won't be tabulated, since it wasn't a box to check. That lack of a selection for positive responses will badly skew ALL the data in such a way as to paint an unduly negative picture of PAP therapy, in my opinion, making the "results" of the survey MUCH less useful than they might have been, in my opinion.

JS,HJM (just sayin', hey just me.) :)
I agree. I felt like many of the questions presupposed problems and assumed either no treatment or ineffective treatment. Fact is, I have little or no issues that I can attribute to SA other than having to sleep with a CPAP device and that is such a small price for the benefits I get.
All posts reflect my own opinion based on my experience and reading.
Your mileage may vary
Past performance is no guarantee of future results
Consult with your own physician as people very

MotherT

Post by MotherT » Mon May 07, 2018 4:17 pm

Julie, did you try and go back in? It was programmed to let a person come back in where they left off. I am checking the survey now to see if I can find you in there. About what time were you in there today? Thanks!!!

asleep@thewheel

Post by asleep@thewheel » Mon May 07, 2018 4:25 pm

Everything including what is written in the comments field will be scored.

Please include any screenshots to any messages you got from the survey so we can rectify any issues that might be going on.

Yes there are plenty of us that have found consistent positive results form our treatment choices, however a large portion haven’t found the stability they deserve.

We need those stories represented as well.

Thank you for participating.

Register for tomorrow’s webinar at 1:00 pm est about the AWAKE Sleep Apnea Meeting

https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_fxH ... izBaWziVuw

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Mon May 07, 2018 5:27 pm

Julie wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 3:46 pm
Beyond belief - you just wasted 1/2 hr of my time... I did the whole survey (with comments) but it won't let me register it saying that "Decimals, percentages, and non-numeric characters are not accepted." even though I have absolutely not used any of those! Maddening!
Julie, just make sure your answers in the questions about days and hours are whole numbers expressed as numerals only, such as "7" for days and "8" for hours, for example. Then it should save.
Last edited by jnk... on Mon May 07, 2018 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon May 07, 2018 5:34 pm

I tried, really... maybe it doesn't like Macs?

asleep@thewheel

Post by asleep@thewheel » Mon May 07, 2018 6:16 pm

Can you screenshot the message you are getting ?

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon May 07, 2018 6:19 pm

"ANNOYnomous" . . . . (giggle)

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Mon May 07, 2018 6:22 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 6:19 pm
Truth in advertising ;)

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

asleep@thewheel

Re: Anoynomous AWAKE Sleep Apnea Initiative Survey

Post by asleep@thewheel » Mon May 07, 2018 6:25 pm

Thanks for the laugh. Guess I need some sleep.
Good night.

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Mon May 07, 2018 6:48 pm

prodigyplace wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 6:22 pm
chunkyfrog wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 6:19 pm
Truth in advertising ;)
:lol:

But I do give them some extra credit for the effort and the interaction.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon May 07, 2018 6:55 pm

Are Survey's the Son of Poll's, are vice verse! They have to be related, both worthless, a family trait. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Mon May 07, 2018 7:17 pm

Goofproof wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 6:55 pm
Are Survey's the Son of Poll's, are vice verse! They have to be related, both worthless, a family trait. Jim
Does that mean you want me to post a poll on the usefulness of surveys, Jim? :P :twisted:
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)