DreamStation & DreamMapper App

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ozzyluvshockey21

DreamStation & DreamMapper App

Post by ozzyluvshockey21 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:05 am

More mornings than not my data does not transfer to my app from DreamStation to DreamMapper. My Bluetooth, WiFi, cell signal all are good. I don’t understand what the issue is and why it’s not transferring. It acts like it is, but then all the values just come across as 0.00. They show up on the machine though. Very frustrating and I don’t want to go through the hassle of dragging out the Dino laptop to plug in the SD card everyday. I like seeing my numbers in the morning, shrugs. I’m a numbers girl, it helps me make sense of how I am feeling and actually how to plan my day.

Anyone else have this issue or any suggestions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pugsy

Re: DreamStation & DreamMapper App

Post by Pugsy » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:11 am

Nothing you can do about the crappy DreamMapper website but you can see some data on the machine.
It's limited data but it's there and fairly easy to see.

Did you know how the clinical menu setup choice for "Show AHI" and then you can see the data on the LCD screen?
It's all explained in the provider/clinical menu.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

ozzyluvshockey21

Post by ozzyluvshockey21 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:02 am

Yes, thank you, Pugsy. You are right, their app is crappy.

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:05 am

Did you try going to "My Provider" and then "Send/Receive" (and then pushing the round button)?

ozzyluvshockey21

Post by ozzyluvshockey21 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:20 am

I haven't tried the send/receive but I think I will next. I am concerned something is wrong now and it will mess up my compliance. Now some data crossed but its only showing usage as 10 minutes..which I know is wrong.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

SusanWink

Post by SusanWink » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:57 am

Several times over the past couple of weeks I’ve had to close the app and reopen it multiple times to get the data to show up 😕.

Yes, the app has its flaws but when it works it’s a quick check which is all I need 99% of the time now that my therapy is optimized. I don’t know about you, but my bladder won’t let me take the time to check numbers on the machine in the morning 🙃.

I believe If the data is showing on the machine your provider will get what’s needed to show compliance.

klm49

Post by klm49 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:54 pm

ozzyluvshockey21 wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:05 am
More mornings than not my data does not transfer to my app from DreamStation to DreamMapper. My Bluetooth, WiFi, cell signal all are good. I don’t understand what the issue is and why it’s not transferring. It acts like it is, but then all the values just come across as 0.00. They show up on the machine though. Very frustrating and I don’t want to go through the hassle of dragging out the Dino laptop to plug in the SD card everyday. I like seeing my numbers in the morning, shrugs. I’m a numbers girl, it helps me make sense of how I am feeling and actually how to plan my day.

Anyone else have this issue or any suggestions?

If you have a PC you can use Sleepyhead software and ditch the useless Dreammapper.
https://sleepyhead.jedimark.net/

Resmed AirCurve10 Vauto w/humidifier
Amara View mask
O2 - 2-4 lpm

InnerGlow

Post by InnerGlow » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:14 pm

I've found lately that the new data doesn't show up in the app, but when I access it via the DreamMapper website, the information is there.

Additional Comments: Min 7.5 cm / Max 14 cm, no ramp

PC212

Post by PC212 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:07 am

With every app there are a few flaws, hence no need to call the app "crappy" its a perfectly working and helpful one too (there is a reason why it has a 4.6 rating out of 5) lol.

So first solution, uninstall and then install the app again, if it doesnt work then try installing the app on some other device. Its that simple!

Someone said "Rebooting a Computer Fixes more than half the issues". In your case, thats uninstall and install.

Snoregone Conclusion

Post by Snoregone Conclusion » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:19 am

PC212 wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:07 am
With every app there are a few flaws, hence no need to call the app "crappy" its a perfectly working and helpful one too (there is a reason why it has a 4.6 rating out of 5) lol.

So first solution, uninstall and then install the app again, if it doesnt work then try installing the app on some other device. Its that simple!

Someone said "Rebooting a Computer Fixes more than half the issues". In your case, thats uninstall and install.
Your advice is nonsensical and technically incorrect: unless it had an installation failure in the process of trying to install it the first time, uninstalling and then reinstalling has less than zero value. If the application is written correctly, it’ll work anywhere it’s advertised to work, and work well (maybe not absolutely “perfectly” but first you need to define what that means: QA does that via test suites).

A rating for an application doesn’t mean it works well or not by itself, for the designed purpose or some other purpose: they’re just what users (or scam review farms) decide it rated, perhaps relative to something else.

PC212

Post by PC212 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:31 am

Snoregone Conclusion wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:19 am
PC212 wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:07 am

Your advice is nonsensical and technically incorrect: unless it had an installation failure in the process of trying to install it the first time, uninstalling and then reinstalling has less than zero value. If the application is written correctly, it’ll work anywhere it’s advertised to work, and work well (maybe not absolutely “perfectly” but first you need to define what that means: QA does that via test suites).

A rating for an application doesn’t mean it works well or not by itself, for the designed purpose or some other purpose: they’re just what users (or scam review farms) decide it rated, perhaps relative to something else.
Comment edited/removed by moderator....crude and disgusting is the reason.

It's a Philips Dream mapper app, not an unknown Amazon product. If it was working earlier then it should be working now, just uninstall and reinstall, it should be okay, if not then try troubleshooting with Phillips. There 1000s of people who use it, and no issues with that, don't break your head on simple things in life figuring out things. I'm an app developer myself and this app is excellent.

ozzyluvshockey21

Post by ozzyluvshockey21 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:19 am

Lol calling Dream Mapper "excellent" is a huge stretch even when it works.

PC212

Post by PC212 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:23 am

Perfect, then dont use it! All I have to say is If everywhere you go there’s a problem.. Guess what?

No ones asking you to use it, for those who do it works very well. I have 3 devices with dream mapper and it gives a quick update / check on all devices if you update 1.

ozzyluvshockey21

Post by ozzyluvshockey21 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:31 am

Everywhere I go there is not a problem, King Assumption.

No reason to be like that. If you don't agree or have nothing helpful to add, you could always bypass my post.

I was simply checking to see if others were having the same issue which is quite reasonable.

PC212

Post by PC212 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:40 am

ozzyluvshockey21 wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:31 am
Everywhere I go there is not a problem, King Assumption.

No reason to be like that. If you don't agree or have nothing helpful to add, you could always bypass my post.

I was simply checking to see if others were having the same issue which is quite reasonable.

Congratulations on your ability to create drama out of absolutely nothing.