Ah ha! I get it now

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
prodigyplace

Re: Ah ha! I get it now

Post by prodigyplace » Wed May 02, 2018 3:38 am

aswayze wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 7:23 pm
Run along Palerider, grown folks is talkin...
Many grown folks are talking here. You are not one of them though.

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

aswayze

Post by aswayze » Wed May 02, 2018 5:01 am

HoseCrusher wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 9:04 pm
In case you haven't been able to figure out how this forum works, let me offer some assistance.

You have a very particular need when it comes to compliance and it is very foreign to the normal view of compliance. I don't think we can help you there given you offer no in depth information of what is driving your idea of compliance.

So, let's move on...

When you have a question, ask it. Just never mention compliance and you should get a good answer.

If you are unable to do that, you will be limited to reviewing past posts for the information you are looking for.
That is quite likely the right answer.

I used have a neighbor dog that barked like crazy every time he saw me with my computer bag going to or coming from work but otherwise could not be bothered by anything. Other than my computer bag nothing short of a Latvian scooter gang zooming up to steal his food dish would wake him from his slumber.mentioning why I have this thing seems to illicit a similar response.

Not such a great night of sleep last night.

For some reason I was plagued by a persistent cough and subsequent mask leaks which usually ended up blowing on my eyes. I suspect that my mask may be a bit too small as well as I can get leaks out of both sides of my mouth at the same time.

All of that coupled with my compunction to constantly check elapsed time made for a tough night.

Plan of action to correct this:

-Start using the humidifier
-Hop on Amazon and order some more masks
-Change filters

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Wed May 02, 2018 10:26 am

The way I solved my compunction to always check the elapsed time during the night is to just hit the stop, look dully at the time and stats, hit the start and go back to sleep. The more you worry about time and elapsed time, and anything else you have to think about the more difficulty you will have in falling back to sleep. By turning the CPAP off then on I can fall back to sleep knowing that it's all there in the morning to look at, plus in the AM I can use Sleepyhead to look at the data, getting actually useful treatment information. The other time-related trick I use is I have my vision to the clock blocked. As a borderline insomniac and full-time worrywart, being able to see the clock when I wake is like waving a red flag in front of a bull. As soon as I see its 3 AM and I am awake I start the internal conversation about I need sleep, why can't I sleep, OH God I need sleep, I am going to feel so shitty in the morning, WHY OH WHY can't I sleep.

Since starting CPAP and working on my sleep hygiene, I can pretty much roll over, hit the switch twice, and fall back to sleep. Life is good on CPAP.
All posts reflect my own opinion based on my experience and reading.
Your mileage may vary
Past performance is no guarantee of future results
Consult with your own physician as people very

aswayze

Post by aswayze » Wed May 02, 2018 11:59 am

I need to work on that...

I definitely expend too much effort calculating things and thinking about variables when I should be sleeping in particular when something important is happening at work the next day and I know I need to be on my toes. Add in a few panicky PTSD dreams and you have all the makings for a really lousy nights sleep.

I guess like anything, it is a matter of training your lizard brain to relax about the "normal" things

TASmart

Post by TASmart » Wed May 02, 2018 9:57 pm

Also, not putting things in place for the lizard brain to get fixated on.
All posts reflect my own opinion based on my experience and reading.
Your mileage may vary
Past performance is no guarantee of future results
Consult with your own physician as people very