Respiratory Rate Concern

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: Respiratory Rate Concern

Post by Pugsy » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:13 am

yourbrokenoven wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:34 am
LSAT wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:36 pm
Are you using the EPR feature on your machine? EPR=Exhale Pressure Relief
Don't know. I have a BiPAP. Resmed VPAP S. I don't think it has any fancy settings. It won't show me anything useful unless I put the data into sleepyhead.
Actually the VPAP S is a bilevel machine and the exhale relief in it is called Pressure Support.
EPR is nothing more than creating a difference between inhale and exhale and that difference is called Pressure Support.
The deal with EPR is that it is limited to 3 cm max difference...and with your bilevel machine you can have a higher/bigger difference between inhale and exhale than what EPR limits you to.

So you have EPR but it just isn't called EPR and it's actually better or more versatile than EPR is.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

mesenteria

Post by mesenteria » Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:20 pm

Your breathing rate will likely rise substantially when you are in REM. If you have a dog, and have amusedly watched it having the 'wiffles' while sleeping near you at night while you watch TV, its eyes open and twitch, its claws open and close like a cat's, its legs pump, it smacks and licks its lips, and it breaths and puffs like a steam locomotive. I can't claim to know how you behave, but chances are good your respiration rate changes one way or another while you are dreaming. :D

As the others have said, it all changes over time as you...umm.....rest.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:26 pm

Worry is probably the most common mental problem.
Though rarely having physical causes, it can affect physical health if done to excess.
IOW, stop worrying. It's bad for you. :mrgreen:

yourbrokenoven

Post by yourbrokenoven » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:23 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:13 am

Actually the VPAP S is a bilevel machine and the exhale relief in it is called Pressure Support.
EPR is nothing more than creating a difference between inhale and exhale and that difference is called Pressure Support.
The deal with EPR is that it is limited to 3 cm max difference...and with your bilevel machine you can have a higher/bigger difference between inhale and exhale than what EPR limits you to.

So you have EPR but it just isn't called EPR and it's actually better or more versatile than EPR is.
My pressures are already 4cm apart. I was at 16/12 and the doctor recently lowered me to 14/10 to try to resolve my mask leaks.