SoClean 2: Am I a sucker??

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: SoClean 2: Am I a sucker??

Post by palerider » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:55 pm

Righteous wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:15 pm
It’s a good point about potential damage to the machine... I guess it’s hard to say what materials are used in any given machine. One would hope they would use ozone risistant materials like silicon,
Why? the manufacturers don't recommend soclean.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

ShiftWorker

Post by ShiftWorker » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:26 am

I think, if the manufacturers thought there were benefits to using a "So Clean" approach for cleaning their equipment, they would market their own versions and keep the profits in house. Follow the dollar.
One of my friends has one and thinks it is great, I just keep my equipment clean by using wipes on the mask daily and cleaning the mask and tank with soap and water every other week or so. I will occasionally use the control III stuff mentioned before. I have few colds and haven't had the flu or been really sick in some time.
Just my thinking on the topic. It is not like I haven't dropped hundreds of dollars chasing the perfect mask and comfort products, just to find I really just needed to get used to one set up and roll with it. The way I feel is whatever makes you happy and compliant is up to each of us.

Last edited by ShiftWorker on Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:52 am

Suckers need CPAP too.

And there are worse things on which to throw one's money away, right?

What's the old saying? Something like, "Most of my money got spent on wine, women, and song; the rest, I just wasted."

Perhaps their ad slogan should be: "SoClean: More Likely to Help You Than Playing Lotto!"
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Righteous

Post by Righteous » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:41 am

palerider wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:55 pm
Righteous wrote:
It’s a good point about potential damage to the machine... I guess it’s hard to say what materials are used in any given machine. One would hope they would use ozone risistant materials like silicon,
Well CPAP machines are actually small compressors, and compressors generate static electricity. Where you have static electricity you have ozone. I’d hope all the important seals are ozone resistant, but maybe they manufacture for planned failure after so many years.

My guess is they don’t recommend it cuz why open themselves up to customer service issues or even a tiny chance of warranty claims... it’s easier just to blanket not recommend it.... and leaves the door open to come out with their own recommended version.

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:09 am

Or maybe the manufacturers actually know what is best for their machines and recommend THAT, instead of having people waste their time and money on an overpriced placebo-toy like SoClean.

Eh, either way.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Righteous

Post by Righteous » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:40 am

Anyone have an actual link where ResMed or another cpap manufacturer recommends against soclean? I haven’t found anything in searching.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:55 am

Since the recommended cleaning regimen is discussed IN DETAIL,
Any other procedures/products are then NOT recommended BY OMISSION.
Same thing.

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:58 am

It's right next to the advisory not to store cow dung in the humidifier.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:00 am

Righteous wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:41 am
palerider wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:55 pm
Righteous wrote:
Well CPAP machines are actually small compressors, and compressors generate static electricity. Where you have static electricity you have ozone. I’d hope all the important seals are ozone resistant, but maybe they manufacture for planned failure after so many years.

My guess is they don’t recommend it cuz why open themselves up to customer service issues or even a tiny chance of warranty claims... it’s easier just to blanket not recommend it.... and leaves the door open to come out with their own recommended version.
Totally false statments, Not compressors, they are Fans (Blowers to be correct). They don't generate static electricity period, that would cause harm to circuit boards. Careful, Guessing sounds like D. H.! Maybe manufacturers do have a limit to their conscience, I doubt it but we can hope. :roll: Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:05 am

At the very least, we can expect them to cover their backsides--
by avoiding outside products that could do harm.
Didn't someone have their NOclean switch on while they were using the cpap?
Yikes! A bad scenario if there ever was one.

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:15 am

Righteous wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:40 am
Anyone have an actual link where ResMed or another cpap manufacturer recommends against soclean? I haven’t found anything in searching.
Actually, it is SoClean itself that recommends against SoClean, since its own disclaimer states:
The SoClean dudes themselves wrote:We are not affiliated or endorsed by any PAP equipment manufacturer.
As far as I am concerned, that statement constitutes game, set, and match in my decision-making.

Sometimes the largest truths get hidden in the smallest of fonts.

Place the idea of using SoClean right next to the idea of using steel wool and a magic wand, then decide where to file them.
Last edited by jnk... on Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

CapnLoki

Post by CapnLoki » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:17 am

Righteous wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:41 am
Cpap pumps are actually fans, with brushless DC motors which generate little if any ozone. It sounds like you're just making this up.

Additional Comments: Pressure 9-20, average ~9.5; often use battery power while off-grid
Hark, how hard he fetches breath . . .  Act II, Scene IV, King Henry IV Part I, William Shakespeare
Choosing a Battery thread: http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic/t1140 ... ttery.html

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:20 am

jnk... wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:15 am
. . . Sometimes the largest truths get hidden in the smallest of fonts.
I might have my son do this in calligraphy.

Righteous

Post by Righteous » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:23 am

jnk... wrote:
Righteous wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:40 am
Actually, it is SoClean itself that recommends against SoClean, since its own disclaimer states:
The SoClean dudes themselves wrote:We are not affiliated or endorsed by any PAP equipment manufacturer.
As far as I am concerned, that statement constitutes game, set, and match in my decision-making.

Sometimes the largest truths get hidden in the smallest of fonts.
That’s just a basic legal requirement... so when they create adapters for ResMed, they don’t get sued for intellectual property reasons. Honestly that doesn’t show anything. Otherwise ResMed could claim by using their name they are attempting to confuse the consumer that it’s a product under their brand. Any lawyer worth his grain of salt would require them to write that.

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:23 am

chunkyfrog wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:20 am
jnk... wrote:
. . . Sometimes the largest truths get hidden in the smallest of fonts.
I might have my son do this in calligraphy.
Hopefully in 6-point font on a postage-stamp size medium? :lol:
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)