How Did You Find cpaptalk.com?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
forumadmin
Site Admin

How Did You Find cpaptalk.com?

Post by forumadmin » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:07 am

Howdy,

We get a lot of thank you's for hosting CPAPtalk.com. My personal favorite is when I am browsing posts and read:
"I'm not sure how I would have made this work if not for this board."
When I hear that, I know that the cpaptalk community is working. I want to make sure as many people as possible can be made aware that they can get help and encouragement.

For that to happen, I need to learn how you found cpaptalk.com so I can focus our growth efforts in those areas. If you would like to help us reach out to more users, please fill out this short survey:

cpaptalkSurveys.php?SurveyID=5

We will be posting a new live chat schedule shortly. The results of our last survey on live chats are available here:

cpaptalkSurveys.php?SurveyResultsID=4

Johnny
Last edited by forumadmin on Mon Dec 12, 2005 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ric

Post by Ric » Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:39 pm

I GOOGLED® on "CPAP"

I think it came to the top only because it was a "sponsored linK". Otherwise I can see it would have been many pages down the list.
He who dies with the most masks wins.

cybergoon

Post by cybergoon » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:27 am

I googled it as well.

When I was visiting with my new DME yesterday I told her about this site and she is really excited to come here and says that she will likely start referring her patients here if she likes what she sees.

It's funny how many people have OSA and know nothing about using the web to help them find answers. Every person I know that has OSA just went and got their equipment from their DME and complain about it ever since.

tlc95066

Post by tlc95066 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:38 pm

I found this wonderful site when I was researching what my options were. Google ... its a great thing!
Teri

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- WOW -- What a Ride!"

Prostitech

Post by Prostitech » Tue Nov 29, 2005 2:22 pm

I found this forum while searching for cpap support forums. Site is awesome. Keep up the good work.

SnoreNoMore2005

Post by SnoreNoMore2005 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:45 pm

I googled "sleep apnea support forum" at the suggestion of one of my internet savvy coworkers. I would suggest cpap.com do targeted direct mailing to sleep clinics, sleep docs, respiratory therapists, respiratory DME's, etc. telling them about this FREE service for their CPAP patients. Use direct mail lists and snail mail lists. You could get lots of testimonials from users (like me) who would swear by this site. Pay-per-click ads work pretty well if your terms are not too hotly competitive (costly).

I would love to see other people benefit from the advice on this site like I have.

Good luck.

SnoreNoMore2005

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): cpap.com, CPAP

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): cpap.com, CPAP

mn_me

Post by mn_me » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:21 pm

I was searching (Google) for CPAP suppliers and found the reference to this site on CPAP.com.

Very helpful info.

Thanks for the good resources. My equipment is 5 yrs old and I had a new sleep study last night - the doc suggested i might need new equipment. I tried a Swift during my study last night - i think it might have been a bit big, but other than that I slept well with it. I saw ads for the Comfort Curve and that looked like a really good design, but based on what I've read here, I'm not sure I'd try it.

Thanks to everyone for sharing!

winken blinken and nod

Post by winken blinken and nod » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:31 pm

I was researching masks and googled "CPAP masks".

I gave the addy to my DME person. She's interested in finding a site to refer her patients to.

I'm very grateful for the help I've received here. Keep up the great work!

w,b & n

Sweet Dreams

w, b & n

- Are we there yet? -

snork1

Post by snork1 » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:39 pm

I was referred over from another CPAP forum.
Rested Gal kept mentioning some "other" GREAT forum, which I finally figured out was this one.

And I found THAT forum when the very first forum I found with simple CPAP searches became unbearable with restricted posting hours and days and way overly restrictive posting rules.

People don't realize how lucky they are to have found THIS forum. You can't even tell people where to get the aussie heated hose on at least one other forum.

This forum has made a big difference in MY life. I don't understand how people can be compliant at all without a good support group.

Remember:
What you read above is only one data point based on one person's opinion.
I am not a doctor, nor do I even play one on TV.
Your mileage may vary.
Follow ANY advice or opinions at your own risk.
Not everything you read is true.

HappyHoser

Post by HappyHoser » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:41 pm

Add another one to the Google list! It's been a little while but I believe I started at the store site and followed a link to the forums. And while we're on the subject, thanks!

Colorado Jan

Post by Colorado Jan » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:37 am

I googled it also....think I googled OSA to get to this, or maybe CPAP. This board really is essential to understanding the whole process of CPAP and how to deal with it.

When I was put on CPAP, my mother-in-law told me to "make sure it doesn't make you blind" !!!!! Say WHAT? She had a friend (in her 70's) who had been on CPAP and the air blowing from the mask went directly into her eyes for YEARS and her eyesight became diminished. That lady ended up moving from Colorado to Arizona because she swears she doesn't need CPAP there! And lo and behold, her eyesight is returning, lol.

Well, now. I don't know anything from the 10 minutes spent at the DME, but from this board I know that if the darn mask is blowing air into your eyes...it doesn't fit! That simple. That poor lady had spent years not knowing how to adjust her mask. Or possibly not knowing that other masks EXIST! How dumb is that?

Information is everything. And this board is FULL of good information.

Jan in Colo.

Ric

BLIND ??

Post by Ric » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:23 pm

Are you SURE some crooked DME didn't sell her a diving mask, just to save a buck? None of the several masks I have blow in my eyes, and I couldn't IMAGINE putting up with it for more than a minute.

I once went to a Navy Surplus store to buy a diving suit, the guy seriously tried to sell me a big rubber raincoat for that purpose. (didn't buy). They did have some incredibly good masks there for incredibly cheap. Where exactly did your moms friend buy the mask ????

Hate to see CPAP get a bad rap.
(snap your fingers when you say that)

dsg

Thanks to Google!

Post by dsg » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:30 pm

I'm about to get a brand new CPAP for the first time in 5 years, and I was starting to do some research on the unit via google. That's how I found this forum. Looking forward to checking the place out!

-Albert Einstein

johnnygoodman

Post by johnnygoodman » Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:31 pm

Howdy,

I believe many newbies don't "get" cpaptalk at first glance. We've tried to help with auto keywords, a user edited FAQ, cpapopedia, free videos, etc but its still not working to the degree it should. Ideals welcome.

For my part, design changes would surely include:

1. A big "cpaptalk.com newbies click here!!!" that would let people know how to get in on the cpaptalk.com community.

2. An icon for dereks fine MyEncore work

3. Some kind of merged system for auto keywords, cpapopedia, cpaptalk user faq, cpap.com faq. The content we provide new users to reference is pretty weak and spread out.

The rest of the layout is open to your suggestions. I'm all ears.

Johnny

Ric

Post by Ric » Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:23 pm

johnnygoodman wrote:How did you find cpap.com?
I found it interesting, informative.