Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask review thread

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Dreaming1

Re: Bleep/DreamPort nasal mask review thread

Post by Dreaming1 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:01 pm

Stop! Don't follow the instructions. Don't run the tape up the nose vertically. I did that the first night and they poked out the side of my nose and I got a little leak. It's way better angling out toward your cheeks or ears. I watched the video with Jason on his review and his cut to of Stuart (inventor) putting them on. Stuart points the cut-off edges out at the ears. I mimicked that the second night. He does that on his other videos as well if you watch closely. It makes fastening the dreamports way easier. So I was like why the hell are the instructions that way? So I called the number to ask. I got Stuart on the second ring. By the way, Stuart's cell phone is the website number. Crazy!!!! What the hell is he thinking? He explained the dreamports were made to work in whatever direction you need them. Change it up until they fit you best. But making the points of the tape go toward the ears was best, according to Stuart. Something about the plastic tubes on the tape angled downward better for snapping everything together. We talked for about 10 minutes. Sorry, Stuart, but figured you didn't care anyway, so I'm sharing it. He even followed up with a dang text the next day. That's insane. Nobody from resmed or respironics is going to do something like that. I have a whole new appreciation for somebody willing to go that far down the rabbit hole.

kbh209

Post by kbh209 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:37 pm

Funny, Stuart (or someone from his company) is linking / referring to this thread in the sponsored Facebook posts. If I were not a using a full face mask, I would consider checking out this...odd concoction that was invented.
Phillips Dreamstation 2 Auto CPAP with Humidifier **

Sleepy in GV

Post by Sleepy in GV » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:03 pm

Sova wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:27 am
EDIT: Posting an update on my review on the next page. pugsy gave me some great tips via PM and I was able to ...

Someone else mentioned having similar troubles (loud sound unless smashing up towards the nose not explained by anything else- ports unaligned, leaks from the tape, etc.) and was told to make another thread. Did that happen? I couldn't find it. Would be interested to see if that person solved the issue. I'd love to make this mask work, my husband is a VERY light sleeper and constantly complains about my mask making noise. We're currently sleeping in different rooms because of it. My AHI has never been great aside from a small period of time ~2 months after I started therapy. Plus it was ~$100 (although I have return insurance from CPAP.com I can utilize).
Sova,

That may have been my thread. Pugsy helped me find the leak. It was where the soft silicone meets and connects with the hard plastic interface where the vents are (possibly wrong word, interface?). Ever since, it is sooooo quiet, now that I know what it should sound like. I can instantly tell if something isn’t quite right. I absolutely LOVE it!!!

The last two nights, I have a very small leak at that interface again, if I touch where they connect, I can get it to stop. I think I am going to get another mask (Bleep). Or maybe put a little tape at the connection. Or those Barbie underwear look perfect!!!

-SleepyinGV

werther

Post by werther » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:09 pm

My bleep order is stuck at german customs. Best case they want some money, worst (and likely) case they won't allow to import. :evil:

bjhunt01

Post by bjhunt01 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:06 pm

Hello all: If this has been answered I apologize as I didn't read every single post. After 8 masks I finally am getting good numbers with the Tap Pap Nasal Pillows that has the upper tray for your teeth. I have scalp allodynia so I love that there is no headgear. So I have been waiting for the Bleep to not have to put my teeth in something. BUT, I am a mouth breather and although I have great AHI numbers below 5, the motorboat mouth thingy keeps me in a state of light sleep. Can't wear chinstraps because of the head pain thing. So I am asking for those of you who are loving the Bleep, if you have mouth breathing issues, how are you keeping your mouth closed? Many thanks!

Last edited by bjhunt01 on Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dreaming1

Post by Dreaming1 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:33 pm

Taping the mouth is working for lots of people here with bleep.Djam I know on here does and at least two others. Maybe they’ll chime in on the tape they use, but I think it’s 3m micropore paper tape.

Sleepy in GV

Post by Sleepy in GV » Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:12 am

bjhunt01 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:06 pm
Hello all: If this has been answered I apologize as I didn't read every single post. After 8 masks I finally am getting good numbers with the Tap Pap Nasal Pillows hat has the upper tray for your teeth. I have scalp apnea so I love that there is no headgear. So I have been waiting for the Bleep to not have to put my teeth in something. BUT, I am a mouth breather and although I have great AHI numbers below 5, the motorboat mouth thingy keeps me in a state of light sleep. Can't wear chinstraps because of the head pain thing. So I am asking for those of you who are loving the Bleep, if you have mouth breathing issues, how are you keeping your mouth closed? Many thanks!
I am taping my mouth. Nothing else, just a little horizontal piece of tape. Seems to work and it doesn’t bother me.

-SleepyinGV

metsfan302

Post by metsfan302 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:01 pm

Saw they did a write up in - Sleep Review , This issue on this mask!

Sleepreviewmag.com

Pretty cool!

Additional Comments: Prior - ResMed AirCurve ASV User
This is my Orig Post "The start of my venture to find proper therapy" - http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic.php?f ... &sk=t&sd=a

zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:20 am

Do you think Apria will be carrying this anytime soon? They often have discount codes (10-20% off) and I'd like to try out the Bleep with a discount before I jump completely in to see if it'd work for me

Dreaming1

Post by Dreaming1 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:30 am

It’s on sale everywhere right now for $98 on the mask and $36 on the dreamports. I just bought three months of the ports and that netted down to $32 in the cart. They all offer money back in two weeks if you don’t like it. Not much to lose.

zoomzoom

Post by zoomzoom » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:35 pm

I just tried night 1 with Bleep.

I slept the entire night without waking up to go to the bathroom, so that was nice. Usually, I'll get up once. Although, to be fair, I did unintentionally limit my liquid intake a couple hours before bed. I think I probably had water last around 1230am, and went to bed around 230ish?

Using the mask felt...weird. I definitely felt the pressure (my default is now set at 8 ) during inhale and exhale, whereas with my Brevida, if the seal is perfect, I literally cannot tell there is air flowing in either direction.

It didn't help that there is no diffuser on the Bleep and I felt and HEARD the air whooshing out. I didn't like that one bit. The Brevida is my first mask (with a few nights trial of the P10 during my initial home study) so I am not used to having a mask that doesn't diffuse the air.

I am sensitive to sounds nearby when I try to fall asleep, so I don't know how I'd fare with the Bleep on a long-term (i.e. permanent) basis. I didn't appreciate how much I like the silence of the Brevida. Not to mention that I'm sure a bed partner would also appreciate something like the Brevida over Bleep for noise (and exhale air) purposes.

In reviewing OSCAR, I do see that my leak rate is significantly lower than the Brevida. After I woke up today, I was just thinking to myself that the Brevida would be a much better mask if I could use the same adhesive from Bleep to keep the Brevida properly sealed. Unfortunately, I don't know where to acquire the Bleep tape, and not sure if it's cost-effective to use my Brevida in this fashion.

The initial downward pressure of the dreamport and hose felt odd at first, but I don't think I noticed while sleeping. On the other hand, the Brevida will wake me up if there's a leak due to the air whooshing by (feeling and sound). I have to just claw at the Brevida until I don't hear the whooshing sound anymore and I know that a seal was reached.

I have the Brevida and Bleep connected up to a Hose Buddy and did not see any issues in that position. Perhaps today I will try using Bleep without using the Hose Buddy and see if that relieves any of the downward pressure, although I have a feeling I would prefer the Hose Buddy layout. I don't like having the hose on me.

I think I felt a bit more energized in the morning after using Bleep. I don't necessarily think it is placebo, but likely due to the fact that I did not have to wake up to go to the bathroom, nor did I have to interrupt my sleep to readjust the mask (like I would with Brevida). However, what might've really been the issue is that OSCAR says I got about 8 hours of sleep, which is probably closer to around 7.3-7.5 hours of sleep since I am always messing around on my phone, even with the mask connected. The prior night, with the Brevida, I probably got from 6-6.5 hours of sleep.

Bleep Night 1 Image

Prior Brevida Night 1 Image

Prior Brevida Night 2 Image

Prior Brevida Night 3 Image
Last edited by zoomzoom on Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

katestyles

Post by katestyles » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:45 pm

The bleep has got me wondering why we don't tape our masks on. I'm hoping to get into the inventing shed this weekend.

The 3m foam surgical tape from amazon is pretty close to bleep tape.
https://www.amazon.com/Microfoam-Surgic ... way&sr=8-6

Jas_williams

Post by Jas_williams » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:52 pm

zoomzoom wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:35 pm
I just tried night 1 with Bleep.

I slept the entire night without waking up to go to the bathroom, so that was nice. Usually, I'll get up once. Although, to be fair, I did unintentionally limit my liquid intake a couple hours before bed. I think I probably had water last around 1230am, and went to bed around 230ish?

Using the mask felt...weird. I definitely felt the pressure (my default is now set at 8) during inhale and exhale, whereas with my Brevida, if the seal is perfect, I literally cannot tell there is air flowing in either direction.

It didn't help that there is no diffuser on the Bleep and I felt and HEARD the air whooshing out. I didn't like that one bit. The Brevida is my first mask (with a few nights trial of the P10 during my initial home study) so I am not used to having a mask that doesn't diffuse the air.

Do what others of us have done on this thread cut a cross in the middle of a Resmed filter, pull the hose off the vent swivel push the swivel through the cross and re attach the tube

Mine has been customised further with a tube off of a Resmed N20 as it’s more flexible but this picture should give you the idea of a filter as a diffuser

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:54 pm

Supposedly Nationwidemedical.com (online and has brick and mortar DME stores) has signed on to file insurance for people to be able to order the Bleep and ports through them and use their insurance.
No Medicaid though...and Main and Tennessee residents excluded at this time.

I filled out a little information thing for them to get back with me to see what all I had to do to use my Medicare Advantage plan....haven't heard back yet. I have no idea what they will require. I assume a copy of the RX is needed along with probably some other sort of documentation but I won't know anything until they call me. When they do I will let you all know.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

edfreeman

Post by edfreeman » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:22 pm

The Bleep is now my every day mask, at least until my plunge into 4 boxes of ports on my own dime is over with. I'm thinking the DME suppliers will latch onto this, since with the disposable ports it insures an income stream, unlike other masks/pillows that users learn they can extend the life on.