For Sale Resmed Air Curve V10 Auto

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Danalex

For Sale Resmed Air Curve V10 Auto

Post by Danalex » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:26 am

I bought this a couple of years ago after being off CPAPs for a few years. I thought I should get back into it after going non compliant when my original mask finally broke and I just couldn't get one I could sleep with.

So, I spent a ton of money with good intentions but in the meantime I had developed Trigeminal Neuralgia, a nerve condition in the side of the face and I couldn't wear the mask at all so it was not used but for a couple of nights trying to get it to work with my condition. Finally gave up. Because I couldn't eat much with the nerve condition I lost 35 pounds and now I'm using an O2 meter my oxygen levels are good at night so don't think I need the cpap and more. At least there's a bright side to the neuralgia's pain.

I also have a Philips Dream Wear Full Face Mask. I hated full face masks and used nasal pillows till the one I liked was discontinued. This one is so much better than the last time I tried to get a mask to work without leaks all over.

I used for machine and mask for about 30 hours in total.

It is all exactly like brand new.

I'm in Canada and paid $2500CDN for the machine plus $180CDN for the mask plus of course our taxes. Expensive stuff!!

I'd like to get some money back and will sell for $1000US plus shipping. I think that's about $900US less than new for 30 hours use. Ouch lol.

Message me and I'll get you a pic but you know what they look like.

Thanks!

bombayone

Re: For Sale Resmed Air Curve V10 Auto

Post by bombayone » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:40 pm

Your machine routinely sells for about $600 USD. Check out LSAT’S posts. I wish you well.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:42 pm

Danalex wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:26 am
Message me and I'll get you a pic but you know what they look like.
People don't want to see what a VAuto looks like, they want to see what your VAuto looks like. Especially the screen that says Run hour 30, it really is to your advantage to post the pics in topic.
Last edited by Dog Slobber on Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Miss Emerita

Post by Miss Emerita » Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:50 pm

I'm sorry to hear about the neuralgia. It is certainly possible that your apnea is much abated from your weight loss, but I'm curious whether you've confirmed that aside from the O2 monitoring. At any rate, I wanted to mention that there is a mask called the Bleep DreamPort that just sticks to the end of your nose, with no headgear touching the rest of your face at all. If you are interested in learning more, here are a bunch of user reviews:

viewtopic/t174807/BleepDreamPort-nasal- ... ilit=bleep
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

Danalex

Post by Danalex » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:45 pm

I wanted to get the ad up but I will get pics, especially of the board on the machine showing hours used, good idea, thanks.

I just went by my O2 monitoring .. and how I feel. I used to snore and don't any more and last night my O2 averaged 92 with a low of 87. All around it seems OK. IMHO of course.

I'll have a look at the mask mentioned, curious as to what holds it on.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:54 pm

Danalex wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:45 pm
It's glued on to the end of the nose with a special adhesive tape. No headgear at all.
I have been using it for over a year now.
Fairly new to the market and probably not available in Canada from a local source but there are places that will ship it to Canada.
Heck...I know a guy in the United Kingdom who bought a years supply.
It's not cheap but sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do to deal with sleep apnea.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Jas_williams

Post by Jas_williams » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:55 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:54 pm
Danalex wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:45 pm
It's glued on to the end of the nose with a special adhesive tape. No headgear at all.
I have been using it for over a year now.
Fairly new to the market and probably not available in Canada from a local source but there are places that will ship it to Canada.
Heck...I know a guy in the United Kingdom who bought a years supply.
It's not cheap but sometimes we gotta do what we gotta do to deal with sleep apnea.
I’m that guy who bought a years supply it’s now time to buy more

Danalex

Post by Danalex » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:45 am

bombayone wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:40 pm
Your machine routinely sells for about $600 USD. Check out LSAT’S posts. I wish you well.
thanks for the heads up .. I did find this post:

"LSAT wrote: ↑Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:16 pm
Only 325 run hours.....less than 2 month's use.

New Climateline Hose...New Humidifier... SD Card... Power Supply
Manuals...Case

Asking $550 Shipping not included...Paypal

Secondwindcpap.com charges $799 for their "low hour" VAUTOs
They consider low hour to be under 2000 hours."

... so 325 hours, 10 times the hours I have and no mask which is $150 new. Second Wind is $800 for who knows how many hours and no mask.

I'm open to offers!

realshelby

Post by realshelby » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:01 am

I am far from an expert, and surprised that this hasn't been mentioned yet....

From what I think I know, your oxygen levels are anything BUT ok! Especially so if you are using supplemental oxygen?

Might be that you need the cpap machine more than you realize?
Min 7 Max 20 (cmH2O)

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:14 am

In all honesty the difference between 30 hours and 325 hours is a tiny drop in the bucket considering the anticipated life of these machines.
I consider any machine with less than 500 hours essentially new. For other people it is REALLY REALLY important that they have the lowest hour possible device and they are able to pay substantially more for what they want. Other people the hours doesn't matter as much as the cost because they simply don't have much money.

The fact you are including a mask....totally worthless unless someone needs or uses the mask you are including.
You would be better off probably to separate the 2 products. I don't use nor will I ever use your mask...it's worthless to me and inflating the price of the machine. So a negative for me if I was wanting your machine.

I wish you luck in selling your product and it is worth what the market will pay for it at this time.
Might be more or less than past products at past times. Market value changes as the supply and demand changes.

Any machine is "worth" what one person is willing to pay for it and the other person is willing to sell it for. You can expect this to vary day to day in this market.

FWIW.....I bought this same model machine with 8 hours...yes 8 hours on it for $500 and that including shipping to me and a brand new mask that I could use.
A while back I found one (the same model) locally that had only 82 hours for $350...and a brand new never used heated hose....I bought it for someone else who needed it right now instead of keeping it for myself.

Good luck...your machine is worth what someone is willing to pay and what you are will to take for it at any point in time and that could and likely will change over time. Heck, with the way they are talking about supplementing COVID patients at home with bilevel machines...could drive the price up.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Danalex

Post by Danalex » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:08 pm

well I'd say after all the negative comments about my price that no-one is going to buy it so thanks for the 'good luck' wishes

Other forums I belong to spurious comments in a for sale thread are not allowed and if continued would get poster banned

Jas_williams

Post by Jas_williams » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:20 pm

We like to advise users here if they are getting ripped off

Danalex

Post by Danalex » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:28 pm

so I'm 'ripping someone off' if I sell something barely used for half price. How about selling me your car.

zonker

Post by zonker » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:44 pm

Danalex wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:08 pm
well I'd say after all the negative comments about my price that no-one is going to buy it so thanks for the 'good luck' wishes

Other forums I belong to spurious comments in a for sale thread are not allowed and if continued would get poster banned
pugsy is moderator here, so she has spoken. also, the owners of the forum are libertarians and encourage discussion of all kinds.

just so you know.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:22 pm

Danalex wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:28 pm
so I'm 'ripping someone off' if I sell something barely used for half price. How about selling me your car.
How much you originally paid isn't really relative, it's how much used machines tend to sell for that's relative. If you're going to justify yours by comparing it to a new machine then let's compare the warranty. Oh that's right, none.

VAuto's are sold here with some regularity, and we see the prices, $1000 plus shipping is more than they usually go for. I'd also like to point out that LSAT has a reputation for selling clean machines and not once has anyone posted anything negative about buying one from him.

He often remove's his post content after selling, but here are some of his VAuto prices.
LSAT wrote:
Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:04 am
If you are interested I have one with only 8 run hours...Priced $200 less than secondwind.
That would be $599.

LSAT wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:09 am
Only 185 run hours.....less than a month's use.

New Hose...New Humidifier...New SD Card...New Power Supply
Manuals...Case

Asking $525 Shipping not included...Paypal

Secondwindcpap.com charges $799 for their "low hour" VAUTOs
They consider low hour to be under 2000 hours.

PM with questions

So yeah, if anybody here is in need of a VAuto, then you'll likely do better contacting LSAT than doing business with this hothead.