COVID 19, CPAP, Ventilator MEGA THREAD...everything go here please

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ChicagoGranny

Re: COVID 19, CPAP, Ventilator MEGA THREAD...everything go here please

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:24 pm

HoseCrusher wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:46 am
It looks like if you happen to get infected with COVID-19 a good way to deal with it is by taking rather large amounts of Vitamin D over a short period of time.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/a ... 6020302764
Don't mislead people into thinking they can get a bottle of vitamin D at Walmart and successfully treat COVID-19. :evil:

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:39 pm

zonker wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:34 am
you mean, dogs licking plates ISN'T a cure for covid-19?

<bummer>
It should be ! Has anyone tested it ? Bet it works better than drinking bleach. :lol: :lol:

zonker

Post by zonker » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:42 pm

babydinosnoreless wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:39 pm
zonker wrote:

<bummer>
It should be ! Has anyone tested it ? Bet it works better than drinking bleach. :lol: :lol:
what have you got to lose?

**NOTE** i mean YOU, not me.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Mon Sep 07, 2020 2:15 pm

zonker wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:42 pm
babydinosnoreless wrote:
zonker wrote:

<bummer>

Gee, where have I heard that before? :twisted:
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:51 am

zonker wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:42 pm
babydinosnoreless wrote:
zonker wrote:

<bummer>

Ewww. No Thanks ! :lol:

Setj

Post by Setj » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:56 am

Setj wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:01 am
Setj wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:12 pm
Excited here! I was accepted in the Pfizer mRNA Phase 3 vaccine trial. I'll get my first shot Wednesday. Keeping my fingers crossed that they give me the vaccine and not the placebo!

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-relea ... andidate-0
Following up, while there was no pain during the injection, some hours afterward, the area around the injection site became very sore for 36 hours. Since it is a double-blind study, the clinic did not know whether they were giving me the vaccine or a placebo. My GP said this is a 99% certain indication that they injected the vaccine. A saline solution injection would not have caused this type of reaction. Second shot of a two-dose trial is in three weeks.

According to a new press release from Pfizer yesterday, initial results are very promising. https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-relea ... -lead-mrna
Just an update, more for my own history than anyone else's. Reaction from the second dose started out similar to the first dose reaction. Four hours after the injection, I might have thought it was the placebo since there were no side effects. By hour five, my arm became very sore, and I developed a fever of 100.4F. The fever hung around that mark for 24 hours, and then my temperature normalized abruptly. The arm soreness also gradually went away.

Four weeks later, the research group took a blood draw to check for antibodies. Being very curious, I went to a private lab on my own for an antibody test. My blood tested positive for SARS-Cov-2 antibodies.

I am very pleased with this and very eager to have my wife vaccinated as soon as the Pfizer vaccine is available to the public. We will go to lengths to get her vaccinated early. My adult children are also eager to be vaccinated.

In the meantime, I have to practice the routine - mask, social distancing, avoiding congregate places, wash hands ...

Everyone, stay safe. We've seen enough friends suffer with COVID to know you don't want to become infected!
Seth

(I made a typo when I registered the user name. :oops: )

HoseCrusher

Post by HoseCrusher » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:30 pm

WearyOne

Post by WearyOne » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:08 am

Setj wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:56 am
Setj wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:01 am
Setj wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:12 pm
Excited here! I was accepted in the Pfizer mRNA Phase 3 vaccine trial. I'll get my first shot Wednesday. Keeping my fingers crossed that they give me the vaccine and not the placebo!

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-relea ... andidate-0
Following up, while there was no pain during the injection, some hours afterward, the area around the injection site became very sore for 36 hours. Since it is a double-blind study, the clinic did not know whether they were giving me the vaccine or a placebo. My GP said this is a 99% certain indication that they injected the vaccine. A saline solution injection would not have caused this type of reaction. Second shot of a two-dose trial is in three weeks.

According to a new press release from Pfizer yesterday, initial results are very promising. https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-relea ... -lead-mrna
Just an update, more for my own history than anyone else's. Reaction from the second dose started out similar to the first dose reaction. Four hours after the injection, I might have thought it was the placebo since there were no side effects. By hour five, my arm became very sore, and I developed a fever of 100.4F. The fever hung around that mark for 24 hours, and then my temperature normalized abruptly. The arm soreness also gradually went away.

Four weeks later, the research group took a blood draw to check for antibodies. Being very curious, I went to a private lab on my own for an antibody test. My blood tested positive for SARS-Cov-2 antibodies.

I am very pleased with this and very eager to have my wife vaccinated as soon as the Pfizer vaccine is available to the public. We will go to lengths to get her vaccinated early. My adult children are also eager to be vaccinated.

In the meantime, I have to practice the routine - mask, social distancing, avoiding congregate places, wash hands ...

Everyone, stay safe. We've seen enough friends suffer with COVID to know you don't want to become infected!

Thank you for sharing your experience! Very promising indeed!

Arlene1963

Post by Arlene1963 » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:09 pm

The past two weeks have been such a shocker for me.
My nephew who lives in South Africa got Covid19. He only just turned 30. He has been extremely ill with it, and unfortunately he infected my sister whom he lives with and also his boss and his bosses wife who work with him. Everyone is very ill indeed. My sister who has no comorbidities and is turning 60 soon, has been as sick as a dog. Raging fevers and coughing so much that she throws up.
Sadly, the area where my family live in South Africa has been hit very badly by Covid19 and the hospitals are full to overflow, the health care system has broken down.

So it is a blow that both my elderly parents who were quite healthy up until mere weeks ago have seemingly come down with Covid19.

My mother has gone into an extremely rapid decline. I fear she will not make it.
She and my father are being tested for Covid19 tomorrow but the result is pretty predictable. They are having at home testing because my mother is too ill to leave the house.

I can't believe this has happened. I am devastated.

McSleepy

Post by McSleepy » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:01 pm

Arlene1963 wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:09 pm
The past two weeks have been such a shocker for me.
My nephew who lives in South Africa got Covid19. He only just turned 30. He has been extremely ill with it, and unfortunately he infected my sister whom he lives with and also his boss and his bosses wife who work with him. Everyone is very ill indeed. My sister who has no comorbidities and is turning 60 soon, has been as sick as a dog. Raging fevers and coughing so much that she throws up.
Sadly, the area where my family live in South Africa has been hit very badly by Covid19 and the hospitals are full to overflow, the health care system has broken down.

So it is a blow that both my elderly parents who were quite healthy up until mere weeks ago have seemingly come down with Covid19.

My mother has gone into an extremely rapid decline. I fear she will not make it.
She and my father are being tested for Covid19 tomorrow but the result is pretty predictable. They are having at home testing because my mother is too ill to leave the house.

I can't believe this has happened. I am devastated.
I'm so sorry to hear that! My thoughts go out to you and your relatives, and I wish them a full and speedy recovery! Doctors have a better understanding of COVID-19 now and there is much more hope for healing. Let that be the case for your close ones!

McSleepy

ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto; Puritan-Bennett Breeze nasal pillow mask; healthy, active, middle-aged man; tall, athletic build; stomach sleeper; on CPAP since 2003; lives @ 5000 ft; surgically-corrected deviated septum and turbinates; regular nasal washes

Arlene1963

Post by Arlene1963 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:46 am

Thanks McSleepy,

My parents both tested positive this morning.

I think the worst part is seeing the health care system buckle under the sheer volume of cases in my parents city.
Doctors simply can't keep up, contact tracing is non existent, and patients are left to sink or swim.
My nephew just let me know a friend died waiting for oxygen at one of the large public hospitals. He had been there for 3 days, waiting.

It is bleak.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:16 pm

Arlene1963 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:46 am
Thanks McSleepy,

My parents both tested positive this morning.

I think the worst part is seeing the health care system buckle under the sheer volume of cases in my parents city.
Doctors simply can't keep up, contact tracing is non existent, and patients are left to sink or swim.
My nephew just let me know a friend died waiting for oxygen at one of the large public hospitals. He had been there for 3 days, waiting.

It is bleak.
I am so sorry Arlene. My thoughts and prayers to you and your family. All this just breaks my heart.

Hugs

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Arlene1963

Post by Arlene1963 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:47 pm

Thank you, Pugsy.

HoseCrusher

Post by HoseCrusher » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:21 pm

Here is some information on prophylactic treatment as well as normal treatment.

https://covid19criticalcare.com/

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:28 pm

HoseCrusher wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:21 pm
Here is some information on prophylactic treatment as well as normal treatment.

https://covid19criticalcare.com/
So, your romance with quacks and quack treatment continues.
Q: Should I take ivermectin to prevent or treat COVID-19?
A: No. While there are approved uses for ivermectin in people and animals, it is not approved for the prevention or treatment of COVID-19. You should not take any medicine to treat or prevent COVID-19 unless it has been prescribed to you by your health care provider and acquired from a legitimate source.

https://www.fda.gov/animal-veterinary/p ... ed-animals