Going to N30i from F30i

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
shragae

Going to N30i from F30i

Post by shragae » Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:45 pm

Friday I got my N30i supplies in the mail (my profile says N30 because I couldn't find the N30i on the list)...

Here is an update.

I LOVE it. So much more comfortable than the F30i! The F30i not only covers the mouth, but the side parts of the headgear were always uncomfortable and I tend to sleep on my side. Couldn't sleep on my stomach at all with it.

With the N30i I feel a little pressure under my nose (against my upper lip), but I don't even feel the sides of it when laying on my sides or tummy. It is far more comfortable! I don't have any trouble (while awake) breathing out of my nose with it, although the first time I opened my mouth to take a breath I got a huge rush of air up my nose! I learned to hold my nose breath if I'm going to yawn!

Now the bad news -- and I think (hope) it is temporary. My mask fit (meaning leaks) has been high. I haven't run OSCAR yet but on MyAir it has been around a 4 out of 20. Usually it was 20 out of 20 with the F30i.

I think this is just an adjustment on my part of how to fit it properly, although it could be due to me opening my mouth while asleep (don't know)...

The first 2 nights my AHI was 5.3 the first night and 6.5 the second night. Last night, even with the 4 on mask leak my AHI was 3.4 which I think is GREAT.

The first 2 nights I was up a lot during the night, so the issue may not be reflective of the results. Last night I slept better.

So I'm hopeful that I won't need to tape my mouth or get a cervical collar (or chin strap) -- although if I do need them I'll get them. I really don't want to go back to the F30i, which as full face masks go was not bad -- but this is almost a joy!

Pugsy

Re: Going to N30i from F30i

Post by Pugsy » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:15 pm

The N30i is indeed in the list of mask choices...it's up near the top of the AirFit listed masks..it's right above the AirFit P10 for her mask...it's about 10 lines down from the very top.

AirFit N30i Nasal cpap mask

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Revived1

Post by Revived1 » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:12 am

shragae wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:45 pm
Friday I got my N30i supplies in the mail

Here is an update.

I LOVE it.

..... this is almost a joy!
It's funny that you would post this today, as I also use the N30i mask, and was just thinking this morning, "I LOVE this mask!!!!". :lol:
I started off with the Resmed Mirage Quattro full-face mask, shown here: https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... k-headgear
That one wasn't for me at all, and I also tried out the Dreamwear nasal mask: https://www.cpap.com/productpage/pr-dre ... k-fit-pack
That wasn't the best either, and I'm so glad that I found the N30i. I've found it to be really great.
Continued success with you CPAP journey. :)

realshelby

Post by realshelby » Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:04 am

I spent a few weeks on the N30i. Very comfortable. But...I could not keep the leaks down and they were waking me up on occasion.

If you have the N30i and want to try a cheap change that will help with leaks....buy the P30i pillows in the correct size. These are interchangeable. All the headgear and straps are the same between these two masks. The pillows style are very much like the P10 mask. They seal a lot better than the nostril covering N30i style.
Min 7 Max 20 (cmH2O)