OSCAR Suggestions & Bug reporting

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
katestyles

Re: OSCAR Suggestions & Bug reporting

Post by katestyles » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:59 pm

Since a Microsoft operating system update at the end of august, OSCAR cannot find my files, or write files. Nor can ResScan.

They have renamed Public>documents as Public>Public documents (or something close to that =- my eyes began to glaze over as my husband explained it.

I dusted off my old laptop (the old tech way of rolling back a windows update) but OSCAR will not load on XP, since there is a file missing from a .dll

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:29 am

Auntducky59 wrote:
Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:36 pm
okay, I decided to look... Clinical Menu/Configurations/Erase Data. it's there. Resmed Airsense10.
The only time I would erase data would be if I bought a used machine and wanted to erase the data from the previous owner.

FLsleepmonger

OSCAR Bug report

Post by FLsleepmonger » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:36 am

I tested a new mask this weekend using a 5-day old Dreamstation Auto CPAP machine. I slept poorly with the new mask and switched to my usual Nuance Pro after 4 hours.

When I checked the Dreamstation display the next morning it reported a 1-day AHI of 10.6.

But when I imported SD card data and reviewed it with OSCAR, it says my AHI for the night was 2.15!

The OSCAR data plots for last night can be seen at http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/attach ... aid=15821).

bonjour

Post by bonjour » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:25 pm

I'm not sure of your post on AB but it looks like you may have Hypopneas turned off. See the two tabs in the bottom corners of your daily charts, click them and make sure everything is turned on (green)

Jathkajoe

Post by Jathkajoe » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:57 am

Mr Bonjour,

Two questions for you--
1. I'm having trouble downloading OSCAR. It downloads then when I click on it in downloads I see this message: "SmartScreen can't be reached right now. Check your Internet connection. Windows Defender SmartScreen is unreachable and can't help you decide if this app is ok to run. Publisher: Unknown Publisher. App: OSCAR-1.0.1-r1-Win64(1).exe

How do I get around this and get OSCAR to download?

2. Your avatar shows a fellow pogonophile (lover of beards). What mask is that in your avatar? I'm less than a month into my CPAP journey and am looking for better ways to achieve a good seal with the beard. Nasal masks/pillows just blow my mouth open, chin strap and Scrunci didn't solve that.

Jathkajoe
Jathkajoe
Using CPAP since Sept, 2019
Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 AutoSet
Mask: Resmed Mirage Quatro (aka pain infliction device)

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:49 pm

Jathkajoe wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:57 am

Two questions for you--
1. I'm having trouble downloading OSCAR. It downloads then when I click on it in downloads I see this message: "SmartScreen can't be reached right now. Check your Internet connection. Windows Defender SmartScreen is unreachable and can't help you decide if this app is ok to run. Publisher: Unknown Publisher. App: OSCAR-1.0.1-r1-Win64(1).exe

This is not an OSCAR problem, it's an issue on your end.

Look for a "Run Anyway" like option, and.. well... run it anyway despite the warning.

If there isn't an option to run it anyway, you can reduce the sensitivity of Windows Defender:
Windows Settings / Update & Security / Windows Security / App & browser control /

Change:
Check Apps and files
SmartScreen for Microsoft Edge

From Block to Warn

Now, it's your choice to be able to run foreign apps.

Jathkajoe

Post by Jathkajoe » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:12 pm

DS: Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. It took a while but I found the places to let the electric fence down and get OSCAR loaded. Going to be a long uphill learning curve on this, I can tell. Thanks again.

Jathkajoe
Jathkajoe

K5MOW

Post by K5MOW » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:30 pm

Jathkajoe wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:12 pm
DS: Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. It took a while but I found the places to let the electric fence down and get OSCAR loaded. Going to be a long uphill learning curve on this, I can tell. Thanks again.

Jathkajoe
Welcome to the forum.

Roger
Moderate to Severe Sleep Apnea

Airsense 10 Autoset AirStart 10 CPAP

Mirage Quattro Full Face Mask

Roger

slowriter

Post by slowriter » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:32 pm

Not sure how easy this is to do, but on the sleep stage UI, I'd like to request that you remove the integers, since they're only helpful for computers, and instead replace with the actual stage names (REM, Deep, etc.). That would instantly make that UI more clear. Now, a user has to hover over the graph at certain points to see the legend.

I would definitely do this on the y-axis sidebar, and you could probably eliminate the bit at the top entirely.

BTW, python code to convert the Dreem 2 CSV hypnogram to Zeo CSV that OSCAR will import (I confirmed it).

https://gist.github.com/bdarcus/385548e ... 069fc20f6c

bonjour

Post by bonjour » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:05 pm

Jathkajoe wrote:
Mr Bonjour,

Two questions for you--

2. Your avatar shows a fellow pogonophile (lover of beards). What mask is that in your avatar? I'm less than a month into my CPAP journey and am looking for better ways to achieve a good seal with the beard. Nasal masks/pillows just blow my mouth open, chin strap and Scrunci didn't solve that.

Jathkajoe
I use P10 Pillows as my Primary mask, the one in the avatar is an Amara View.

Jas_williams

Post by Jas_williams » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:53 pm

bonjour wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:05 pm
Jathkajoe wrote:
Mr Bonjour,

Two questions for you--

I use P10 Pillows as my Primary mask, the one in the avatar is an Amara View.
To get Oscar to load on the screen that says smart screen is unavailable click More info then click run anyway

ben10

Post by ben10 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:41 pm

Hi there.

Using Oscar latest version (1.0.1-r1), I try to import data, daily, from my DeVilbiss DV6 DV64E.

First few times, all went well, but now I have the program crash during import. No error message, window just closes. This was an issue also in sleepyhead, and I think I could do a workaround by creating a new profile and re-importing from the SD card.

Any chance this bug could be attended to?

Many thanks,

Ben

Jathkajoe

Post by Jathkajoe » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:25 pm

Thank you Roger.

Thank you Mr Bonjour, I'll check that mask out.

Thank you Jas Williams. Got it to run.

Jathkajoe
Jathkajoe

slowriter

Post by slowriter » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:03 am

slowriter wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:32 pm
Not sure how easy this is to do, but on the sleep stage UI, I'd like to request that you remove the integers, since they're only helpful for computers, and instead replace with the actual stage names (REM, Deep, etc.). That would instantly make that UI more clear. Now, a user has to hover over the graph at certain points to see the legend.
To clarify what I meant here: sleep stages are categorical data, whereas most/all other data in OSCAR is numerical.

So the numbers themselves aren't meaningful as numbers, and running standard statistics (as on other data in OSCAR) makes no sense.

Also, you get other oddities when dealing with this UI component, like if you shrink the vertical space it takes up, the UI will reconfigure the numbers you see on the graph, so you can get stuff like 2.67.

What matters instead is the labels we use for those categories.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:55 am

slowriter wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:03 am
slowriter wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:32 pm
To clarify what I meant here: sleep stages are categorical data, whereas most/all other data in OSCAR is numerical.

So the numbers themselves aren't meaningful as numbers, and running standard statistics (as on other data in OSCAR) makes no sense.

Also, you get other oddities when dealing with this UI component, like if you shrink the vertical space it takes up, the UI will reconfigure the numbers you see on the graph, so you can get stuff like 2.67.

What matters instead is the labels we use for those categories.
I don't know whether it's possible to change the labels on the y axis of the graphs.
Other non-numerical things, snores, flow limitations.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.