OSCAR v1.1.0 is now Released!!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ClayL
Location: Palisade, CO now, was Full time in a motor home for 12 years- Anywhere USA

Re: OSCAR v1.1.0 is now Released!!

Post by ClayL » Thu May 14, 2020 11:06 am

I am using Oscar v1.1.0. Win10 64 bit
I have been using this version since it was released and other than having to click two update data boxes on startup (which will be corrected in a new release) it has worked fine. It has always opened up with my profile. Two days ago it started opening with the screen below instead. I have to open my profile twice to get the normal opening screen. In addition I don't know what the profiles below are and I don't see a way to delete them.

I considered reinstalling Oscar to see if that would help but got the following error message. That doesn't make sense because I saved the version I installed and it is the same one I am trying to use.
Respironics DreamStation
Pressure = 11.5 min 14.5 max
C-Flex = 1

Dreamwear FF

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Thu May 14, 2020 12:02 pm

ClayL: The error message you show is from Oscar 1.0.1, not from 1.1.0 as 1.1.0 words the message differently to show what version of OSCAR is running. So you must have reinstalled 1.0.1 instead of 1.1.0.

You are saying you did not create those PRS1 profiles? I don't know what could have caused them to be created. Are there folders by those names in your OSCAR_Data/Profiles directory?

OSCAR 1.5.1 is the latest release.
OSCAR Team
ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto, F&P Brevida.
FlashAir SD and FlashPap for data transfer.

ClayL
Location: Palisade, CO now, was Full time in a motor home for 12 years- Anywhere USA

Post by ClayL » Fri May 15, 2020 9:54 am

Yes I did mess up and install the old version of Oscar. Have now installed the new version.
The PRS1 profiles were present in the Profiles/My Name folder, I deleted them but they still show up on the initial Oscar screen. I reinstalled Oscar and they still show up.
The following list is everything in profile folder under my name.
Respironics DreamStation
C-Flex = 1

Dreamwear FF

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Fri May 15, 2020 11:26 am

ClayL: please show me the contents of your Profiles folder, not Profiles/your name.

Folder names in your Profiles/your name folder are the names of machines that contain data that OSCAR displays. If you delete a folder from Profiles/your name, you are deleting the data for that machine permanently, without possibility of recovery (unless you have an independent backup system). There is also usually a folder name Journal... that should never be removed. It contains notes and bookmarks among other things.

Folder names in your Profiles folder are the names of profiles, which show up on the Profiles tab. If you delete one of them, that profile and all its data is removed.

OSCAR Team

ClayL

Post by ClayL » Fri May 15, 2020 12:44 pm

This is everything in the profile folder. The profiles are for my wife and me.
BlueDragon wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 11:26 am
ClayL: please show me the contents of your Profiles folder, not Profiles/your name.

Folder names in your Profiles/your name folder are the names of machines that contain data that OSCAR displays. If you delete a folder from Profiles/your name, you are deleting the data for that machine permanently, without possibility of recovery (unless you have an independent backup system). There is also usually a folder name Journal... that should never be removed. It contains notes and bookmarks among other things.

Folder names in your Profiles folder are the names of profiles, which show up on the Profiles tab. If you delete one of them, that profile and all its data is removed.
Respironics DreamStation
C-Flex = 1

Dreamwear FF

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Fri May 15, 2020 12:57 pm

Hmmm. The list of profiles on the Profiles tab is supposed to be the list of folders in the Profiles directory. Are there any PRS1... folders marked as hidden so you aren't seeing them from the file manager?

OSCAR Team

ClayL

Post by ClayL » Fri May 15, 2020 3:53 pm

I have the File Explorer option "show hidden files, folders, and drives " set to ON so I should see all hidden folders/files. I wonder if I can save my Profile folder in a safe place then uninstall Oscar and re-install it and copy my Profile folder back to Oscar - without losing my data and settings?
BlueDragon wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 12:57 pm
Hmmm. The list of profiles on the Profiles tab is supposed to be the list of folders in the Profiles directory. Are there any PRS1... folders marked as hidden so you aren't seeing them from the file manager?
Respironics DreamStation
C-Flex = 1

Dreamwear FF

Aretino

Post by Aretino » Fri May 15, 2020 4:06 pm

New to this forum. How can I make use of OSCAR?

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Fri May 15, 2020 4:33 pm

Aretino wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 4:06 pm
New to this forum. How can I make use of OSCAR?
Please post your question as a new thread on the forum. You'll get better answers on usage there from other OSCAR users. (This thread is more for technical issues with Oscar than with general use questions.)

Thank you!

OSCAR Team

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Sat May 16, 2020 1:05 am

ClayL wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 3:53 pm
I have the File Explorer option "show hidden files, folders, and drives " set to ON so I should see all hidden folders/files. I wonder if I can save my Profile folder in a safe place then uninstall Oscar and re-install it and copy my Profile folder back to Oscar - without losing my data and settings?
Uninstalling Oscar doesn't affect your data, so you could certainly uninstall 1.1.0 and reinstall it. I doubt that would make any difference though. Given that release 1.1.1 will address your problem with database updates, I recommend you wait until that release is available before doing anything.

OSCAR Team

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Mon May 18, 2020 3:11 pm

Suggestion:

Currently we have the ability to Purge a Single Selected Day, or All Data by Machine. What would be handy is to be able to delete by Date Range.

I recently ended up a lot of duplicate data on almost a months worth of data. My only recourse was to delete all of it single day at a time:
  • Data / Advanced / Purge Current Selected Day / Go to previous Day
    (Repeated about 30 times)

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Mon May 18, 2020 3:20 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 3:11 pm
Currently we have the ability to Purge a Single Selected Day, or All Data by Machine. What would be handy is to be able to delete by Date Range.
I've logged this as a suggestion (Mantis #248)

OSCAR Team

bonjour

Post by bonjour » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:37 pm

From Norma45,

Hi,
I am using Oscar and have a technical question (maybe a bug).

I found the wiki and trouble shooting and fixed my big one (2 imports during one day didn't show graphs right).

However, AHI chart seems off (or is not calculated the way I expected).
I get a almost solid line of apneas, and when I look at that specific area of timeperiod (roughly 15 minutes) - the AHI chart shows only 7. The flow chart does show about 7 events marked.
At another (roughly 15 minutes) period the AHI chart shows 35 but not a solid line of Apneas. Again the flow chart shows about 7 events marked for that time period.

Is the AHI chart calculating the last hours worth? Or AHIs at that minute(s)?

I can send pdfs of the charts, but I don't know how to do that here.
I appologize I didn't search the forum for this info - I need to get my day's tasks going and already spent an hour staring at charts today (ok, and found that one gotcha in Oscar mentioned above and fixed it).

FYI - I have a background in software so I can give you decent info/explanations, but I didn't see a place to submit bugs. But I thought this might be a "how things are interpreted" rather than a bug.
Also, is there a place for known issues/bugs or ones that are on the list to be worked on? I didn't see that in the wiki help.

Thanks for your help.