Can you check my test result to see if I need a CPAP?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
possible_sleepapnea

Can you check my test result to see if I need a CPAP?

Post by possible_sleepapnea » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:11 pm

Hi,

I got a sleep apnea result.

They said that I have mild to moderate sleep apnea.

Can you please check my result and let me know if I need CPAP device.

Thank you
Attachments
Sleep Apnea test result_Page_2.jpg
Sleep Apnea test result_Page_2.jpg (83.7 KiB) Viewed 590 times
Sleep Apnea test result_Page_3.jpg
Sleep Apnea test result_Page_3.jpg (114.83 KiB) Viewed 590 times
Sleep Apnea test result_Page_1.jpg
Sleep Apnea test result_Page_1.jpg (89.34 KiB) Viewed 590 times

possible_sleepapnea

Re: Can you check my test result to see if I need a CPAP?

Post by possible_sleepapnea » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:13 pm

Because it didn't allow to upload 4 files, I'm including the last one here
Attachments
Sleep Apnea test result_Page_4.jpg
Sleep Apnea test result_Page_4.jpg (82.43 KiB) Viewed 589 times

robysue1

Post by robysue1 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:02 pm

possible_sleepapnea wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:11 pm
Hi,

I got a sleep apnea result.

They said that I have mild to moderate sleep apnea.
The data in the sleep test is certainly consistent with a diagnosis of mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).
Can you please check my result and let me know if I need CPAP device.
CPAP remains the "gold" standard for treating OSA, and that is the first treatment option that is recommended. People who are symptomatic often, but not always, have an easier time adjusting to CPAP therapy and often, but not always, start to feel much better within a few weeks of starting CPAP.

I would recommend that you at least try CPAP for a month or two to see if it helps. Be prepared to experience some bumps along the way: You can tell us about your problems and we'll be able to give you ideas on what to try to fix them.
Joined as robysue on 9/18/10. Forgot my password & the email I used was on a machine that has long since died & gone to computer heaven.

Correct number of posts is 7250 as robysue + what I have as robysue1

Profile pic: Frozen Niagara Falls

kbh209

Post by kbh209 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:07 pm

I would definitely follow up with your physician to get tested with the CPAP machine next so they can figure out what air pressure your machine will be set to. Once you get your machine sometime after your sleep study, come back here and we'll help you with any questions or concerns.
Phillips Dreamstation 2 Auto CPAP with Humidifier **

possible_sleepapnea

Post by possible_sleepapnea » Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:42 am

Thank you for the answer.

Sometime my nose is stuffed up little bit.
Can I breath via nose with CPAP device even if my nose is stuffed up little bit?
Or will CPAP clear nose?
I prefer to breath via nose(not via mouth) with CPAP device.

I'm going to buy a CPAP machine from Lofta.
I got an recommendation email from Lofta like below.
Is it good option? Can you recommend which mask is the best?
Do you think that I need Loftacare or Loftacare Plus?

AirSense 10 Card-to-cloud Ultimate Package – AVAILABLE FOR IMMEDIATE SHIPMENT
What the package includes:
60 Night Mask Guarantee (If you are not happy with your mask within 60 days, it can be exchanged for an alternative option-as a part of an even mask exchange)
AirSense 10 Card-to-cloud AutoSet CPAP Machine (Complimentary ClimateLine Tubing included)
A SD card
Mask of your preference
Deluxe Travel Bag for security while traveling

Thank you.

robysue1

Post by robysue1 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:21 am

possible_sleepapnea wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:42 am
Sometime my nose is stuffed up little bit.
Can I breath via nose with CPAP device even if my nose is stuffed up little bit?
Or will CPAP clear nose?
I prefer to breath via nose(not via mouth) with CPAP device.
The answers to the first question is yes, you can breathe through a CPAP even if your nose is stuffed up a little bit. In general, if you can breathe through your nose without CPAP, then you should be able to breathe through your nose with CPAP.

The answer to your second question is a qualified yes. In general if your congestion is related at all to allergies, putting a hypoallergenic filter in the CPAP filters out most common allergens, which in turn means less congestion for many of us. But the affect of the humidifier on the nose also has to be taken into account, as well as the fact that air is being blown at your nostrils. Some people find that if the humidifier setting is too high, they get congested. Some people find that if the humidifier setting is too low, they get congested. And if sleeping directly under a fan makes your congestion worse when you are not using a CPAP, then it may take a bit longer for you to sort out the sweet spot for the humidifier setting to solve a congestion problem.

I'm going to buy a CPAP machine from Lofta.
I got an recommendation email from Lofta like below.
Is it good option? Can you recommend which mask is the best?
Do you think that I need Loftacare or Loftacare Plus?

AirSense 10 Card-to-cloud Ultimate Package – AVAILABLE FOR IMMEDIATE SHIPMENT
What the package includes:
60 Night Mask Guarantee (If you are not happy with your mask within 60 days, it can be exchanged for an alternative option-as a part of an even mask exchange)
AirSense 10 Card-to-cloud AutoSet CPAP Machine (Complimentary ClimateLine Tubing included)
A SD card
Mask of your preference
Deluxe Travel Bag for security while traveling
The guarantee of receiving an AirSense 10 AutoSet is worth going with "AirSense 10 Card-to-cloud Ultimate Package" if regular package from Loftacare doesn't include that particular machine.

The 60 night mask guarantee gives you about twice as long as a standard CPAP set up does for making up your mind about the mask. It is worth asking whether the mask guarantee allows you to swap out the mask more than once in case the second (or third) mask is still not working for you.

As for which mask is the best? There is no one answer to that. The best mask for Person A's nose can be the worst choice for Person B, and vice versa.

That said: I would start out with either a nasal pillows mask or a nasal mask if I were you since you say you are a nose breather by default. If possible go to the DME and try on some masks. Not everyone likes the feel of nasal pillows resting against their nostrils. But not everyone likes the feel of their nose (or the tip of their nose) being covered by the mask. In general, smaller masks are usually easier to seal for most people and many people who don't like pillows find the new "nasal cradle" masks a good choice. But there are still some people who find a more traditional nasal mask with a forehead support easier than a mask without a forehead support.

You'll also need to consider where you want to route the hose. Some masks have the hose attachment at the top of the head, which makes them great if you want to use a hose hanger or run the hose over the head of your bed. But if you prefer to run the hose under the covers and along your body, a mask with the hose connection at the front of the mask will probably work better.
Joined as robysue on 9/18/10. Forgot my password & the email I used was on a machine that has long since died & gone to computer heaven.

Correct number of posts is 7250 as robysue + what I have as robysue1

Profile pic: Frozen Niagara Falls