A few Questions

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
FaethSilverwolf

A few Questions

Post by FaethSilverwolf » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:42 pm

Hello Everyone,
I have a couple questions that maybe you could be so kind as to answer for me.
1. Ever since I got my CPAP machine on January 9th I've had really bad and frequent dry mouth. Now I just learned about the XyliMelts. I looked up how much they are and I can't afford them, and as I'm a mouth breather always have been I'm a bit terrified of the idea of the chin straps. Are there any other methods of quelling a dry mouth at night? I wear a full face mask so it's cumbersome to take the mask off just to get a drink of water?

2. I'm curious about Software, I have a dreamstation I was told about the dream mapper software. Is that the only software I should be worried about having or is there other software maybe something more detailed than the dream mapper software?

I am finding this group to be very helpful in answering my questions so Thank you in advance.

Additional Comments: My pressure are 18.0 cmH2O
"May the Day find you at peace, and leave you with hope."
taken from Voyager season 2 Episode 22
Blessed Be
FaethSilverwolf

Barbee

Re: A few Questions

Post by Barbee » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:37 am

FaethSilverwolf wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:42 pm
Hello Everyone,
I have a couple questions that maybe you could be so kind as to answer for me.
1. Ever since I got my CPAP machine on January 9th I've had really bad and frequent dry mouth. Now I just learned about the XyliMelts. I looked up how much they are and I can't afford them, and as I'm a mouth breather always have been I'm a bit terrified of the idea of the chin straps. Are there any other methods of quelling a dry mouth at night? I wear a full face mask so it's cumbersome to take the mask off just to get a drink of water?

2. I'm curious about Software, I have a dreamstation I was told about the dream mapper software. Is that the only software I should be worried about having or is there other software maybe something more detailed than the dream mapper software?

I am finding this group to be very helpful in answering my questions so Thank you in advance.
2 products I use are GC dry mouth gel from Amazon and Kroger dry mouth oral rinse from Kroger. Ive never used or priced the XyliMelts so I cant say how the prices compare.

USMCVet

Post by USMCVet » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:40 am

Sleepyhead software is what you want and it's free. I only use dreammapper software to see if there is a big change night to night but always use sleepyhead to see why.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:31 pm

Barbee wrote:
Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:37 am
. I'm curious about Software, I have a dreamstation I was told about the dream mapper software. Is that the only software I should be worried about having or is there other software maybe something more detailed than the dream mapper software?
Sleepyhead is the software of choice for most forum regulars (and many that are irregular) - viewtopic/t88983/Pugsys-PointersSleepyH ... Hints.html