Changed to Air Touch N20 But Too Many Air Leaks

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
HTTR

Changed to Air Touch N20 But Too Many Air Leaks

Post by HTTR » Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:17 pm

I've been using the Air Fit P10 nasal pillows since I began using a CPAP device almost a year ago (AirSense 10 Response) . It has worked very well for the most part, although at times I have to pull it off for a second or two. Occasionally I will experience irritation just inside my nostrils and have used nipple cream in that area to help. I finally decided to switch to the Air Touch N20, first with a medium size, and then to a large, because the irritation was really bothering me. I've been using it not quite a week and it has been pretty comfortable. None of the irritation inside my nostrils, plus none of the suffocating sensation at times. However I'll notice sometimes at night a lot of air escaping. I checked my sleep report and under Mask Seal, sure enough, I've been seeing readings exceeding the threshold of 24 L/minute. These are also consistent with when I started using the large size N20. I could make the mask straps tighter but they would be uncomfortable. Are there mask strap accessories (cushions?) available that would make the tighter setting more comfortable? Since the irritation inside my nostril seems to have healed, I'm also thinking of going back to the P10, even though overall I like the N20 a little more. Anyone else in the same boat?

LSAT

Re: Changed to Air Touch N20 But Too Many Air Leaks

Post by LSAT » Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:05 pm

padacheek.com

HTTR

Post by HTTR » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:14 am

Thanks for the web site recommendation. I see many accessories I'd like to try, such as Nasal N Mask Liner, P10 Barrel Cozy, and strap/neck pads. Any I should steer away from? I am particularly interested in strap/neck pads that allow me to comfortably make the straps tighter, to reduce air leaks. I changed back to a P10 nasal pillow last night, and though no discomfort as previously reported inside my nostrils, I did see that it recorded 23L per minute air leaks.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:30 am

HTTR wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:14 am
Any I should steer away from?
Karen (owner of padacheek.com) is a forum member and long time cpap user herself.
She makes quality products for different needs.
I personally have used the barrel cozies and strap pads (the ones that go on the cheek area) to help prevent dents in the face from the straps.
I even altered the P10 barrel cozy just a little bit to use on the Eclipse barrel.
I also currently use one of her short hose cozies on my Eclipse short hose.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

HTTR

Post by HTTR » Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:38 pm

Thank you. I just put in an order for both my P10 and N20, and am looking forward to improvements in fit, comfort, and seal.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:06 pm

HTTR wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:17 pm
I've been using the Air Fit P10 nasal pillows since I began using a CPAP device almost a year ago (AirSense 10 Response) . It has worked very well for the most part, although at times I have to pull it off for a second or two. Occasionally I will experience irritation just inside my nostrils and have used nipple cream in that area to help. I finally decided to switch to the Air Touch N20, first with a medium size, and then to a large, because the irritation was really bothering me. I've been using it not quite a week and it has been pretty comfortable. None of the irritation inside my nostrils, plus none of the suffocating sensation at times. However I'll notice sometimes at night a lot of air escaping. I checked my sleep report and under Mask Seal, sure enough, I've been seeing readings exceeding the threshold of 24 L/minute. These are also consistent with when I started using the large size N20. I could make the mask straps tighter but they would be uncomfortable. Are there mask strap accessories (cushions?) available that would make the tighter setting more comfortable? Since the irritation inside my nostril seems to have healed, I'm also thinking of going back to the P10, even though overall I like the N20 a little more. Anyone else in the same boat?
I used the airfit N-20. I had a lot of leaks at first but instead of going up a size I went down a size and it worked for me. My leaks are usually under 10.

HTTR

Post by HTTR » Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:39 am

babydinosnoreless wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:06 pm
I used the airfit N-20. I had a lot of leaks at first but instead of going up a size I went down a size and it worked for me. My leaks are usually under 10.
At times I've tried switching from the P10 Medium to Large, and more recently the N20 from Medium to Large. After I receive the items I ordered from Pad a Cheek, I'm hoping I'll have a better fit with both the pillow and nasal mask.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:00 pm

HTTR wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:38 pm
am looking forward to improvements in fit, comfort, and seal.
Have you found your mask model on YouTube and watched some videos about fitting and adjusting?

HTTR

Post by HTTR » Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:02 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:00 pm
Have you found your mask model on YouTube and watched some videos about fitting and adjusting?
No I have not but will check that out. I've watched videos on the ResMed site for fitting and that has worked for the most part. It's just that sometimes the P10 nasal pillows can irritate right inside one or both nostrils. I'm hoping with the strap and top of head pads I ordered will allow me to hold everything place a bit more snug, but being more comfortable. As for the N20 nasal masks, I also ordred a couple of things that I am hoping with help with proper fitment and minimizing leaks. Overall I like the N20 over the P10 but just need to determine the right size between medium and large, and making sure I'm maintaining a proper seal.