Unable to find a Mask that works

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
supercar

Re: Unable to find a Mask that works

Post by supercar » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:10 am

Thank you I just downloaded the Sleepyhead file and will install tomorrow.

supercar

Post by supercar » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:12 am

Wishing everyone a grand Labor day weekend

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:47 am

supercar wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:10 am
Thank you I just downloaded the Sleepyhead file and will install tomorrow.
Once we have some data and graphs, we will be able to offer more advice.

What are your pressure settings? Are you using ramp? Sometimes, if a pressure is too low, it can feel suffocating.

Were you able to try the oracle mask or find something that works better for you?

You mentioned that you barely sleep most nights, and if I understand correctly, that started before the cpap. Has it been a long time? Since you also mention a lot of events, it is possible that over time, you have built up an aversion to sleeping because your brain knows that sleep is dangerous. Do you have a copy of the sleep study results? Was the 60-90 an ahi number? You mentioned that it was 60-90 events in 15 minutes, but usually events are recorded if they are 10 seconds or longer. 90 events at 10 seconds is 900 seconds, which is exactly 15 minutes. You had to be breathing at least some of the time. It would also be helpful to know if the events were obstructive or clear airway. The more info you can share, they more we can help you.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

Abbey sleeps

Post by Abbey sleeps » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:48 am

Being a side sleeper myself, I was reminded during a recent hotel stay that pillows can cause leaks when sleeping on the side. I have a relatively flat foam pillow at home (something cheap from Ikea, although there are Cpap pillows, too) and when I was using the fluffy, high loft hotel pillows, I had a hard time from keeping the mask from leaking. Something to consider as you are trying yourself through a variety of masks. Good luck!

Auntducky59

Post by Auntducky59 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:40 am

I have been experimenting with masks & mask combinations for over a year and a half. I have the same issues you have, side sleeper, very active, everything seemed to leak. For Dreamwear FF, and all the other nasal & FF masks I tried, I need to use a chin strap or mask liners in order for them not to leak. I found the solution with the following mask: Resmed F30. No leaks at all. However, I currently switched from F30 (wonderful mask) back to Dreamwear FF with chin strap (or liners if I choose, sometimes I wear both). So, please try the F30 if you haven't already done so, or find the mask you can stand the best, whether it be FF or nasal/pillow, & use a chin strap & liners and see what happens. You may be like me, you need the liners & chin straps to make it work. The only reason I gave up the F30 is because I prefer the dreamwear style with the hose on top of the head. The hose being on top made it worth using chin straps & liners for me. Good luck & please don't give up!

Auntducky59

Post by Auntducky59 » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:48 am

changing your pillow may help if you are currently using a very fluffy, stiff pillow. If you are already using a flat pillow, then I would try using chin straps or liners to help with leaking issues.

supercar

Post by supercar » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:16 pm

September 11, 2019

Hello Everyone:

I have read everyone's post, but need help, I do not know how to use Oscar. If anyone can shed some light, and explaine to me how to use Oscar, or import my SD Cards info into it. I would be very happy to download it and let you folks see it.

As of right now I am getting a great deal more sleep than I have in many years, I still wake up during the night, and I must be going back to sleep with out knowing it. When someone tells me how to import my report I will do it and send it along. What I really need to know is how to get it to you in a very secure way. I know their are a great deal of hacker out there.

Sorry if I am not very cohesive, but I need to try and sleep.

Sincerely:
Terry

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:22 am

JDS74

Post by JDS74 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:12 pm

You seem to be the ideal patient for the Oracle 2 mask - can't or doesn't breathe via nose, needs a CPAP machine.
Take a look at the link in my signature block.
If you need help making the Oracle work, send me a PM and we'll get there.
The Oracle mask is the only one I use and have been using it since early 2010.

Cheers.

Oracle 452 Lessons Learned Updated
DSX900 AutoSV with HC150 extra humidifier and Hibernite heated hose
Settings: EPAP Min-10.0, EPAP Max-17, PS Min-3, PS Max-10, Max Pressure-20, Rate-Auto, Biflex-1.
Sleepyhead and Encore Pro 2.21.

supercar

Post by supercar » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:21 pm

September 12, 2019

Thanks a lot for thinking about me, and as for the Orical Mask, the VA already bought me one, and after trying it for over a week, and hurling it across the room on some nights, it just did not work for me.

Thanks a million for you sugestion.

Sincerely:
supercar

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:35 am

supercar wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:05 pm

As for you question, I am able to breath through my nose very slightly, since my ENT did a minor nose job a month ago, but it has not really given me the ability to just breath through my nose.
What is a "minor nose job"??

supercar wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:05 pm

My Dr, is talking about doing some sort of other procedure which he hopes will clear up my deviated septum.
That "hopes" word is of great concern. Maybe you need to see a different ENT who can tell you with surety what he will do and what the results will be.

In any case, you need to get something done. It's very unhealthy to go through life as a chronic mouth-breather.

Good luck.