Resmed AirFit F30

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Becca59

Resmed AirFit F30

Post by Becca59 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:49 pm

I am about to try the Airfit F30 by Resmed. Is there anyone else in the forum who currently uses this mask or has tried it? I noticed that it has mixed reviews as will be true with all masks. Everyone has a preference & different face shapes. I wanted to find something similar to the Phillips Dreamwear full face mask. Unfortunately, I can't get away with a nasal mask because I am a mouth breather & I tried every chin strap on the market with no success. The problem with the dreamwear is that the frame is too big for me. I medium is too loose & a small is too tight & uncomfortable, I have the frame shoved into my eye sockets with the small frame. I am hoping Phillips will create frames made especially for women or even men who need a size between a small & medium. Please let me know your thoughts on the F30.

I have tried the following FF masks: Dreamwear (frame too large or too small, causing leaks), F20- (very few leaks, but hurts my nose bridge. this is the mask I am currently using). Quattro Air for her (Hated the forehead strap & leaked, not comfortable for sleeping). So now on to the F30. If the F30 doesn't work out, what should I try next?

I have been on APAP since April 2018 and I am still searching for the perfect mask for me. I use an Airsense 10 machine which seems to be working well, no problems. My max air pressure is 20. I think my leakage problems are when it ramps up to 10 or higher. I don't dare lower my pressure without a doctor visit though. I am hoping that on my next visit this year the pressure gets lowered.
AuntDucky

Matt00926

Re: Resmed AirFit F30

Post by Matt00926 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:24 pm

F&P Simplus is the only mask that doesn't attack some part of my nose, and still manages to not leak. The only annoying thing is sometimes it leaves a red mark on my cheek. I have to tighten it a bit though because of my pressures.
Machine: ResMed AirCurve 10 ST
Mask: Fisher & Paykel Simplus FFM

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:31 pm

I really liked the F30, but I had problems with leaks. They weren't very large, but they bothered me. I probably should have tried making a liner for it, but I never did. I have made liners for my F20, the Amara View, and the Dreamwear FFM. I never thought to make one for the F30.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:43 pm

I have tried the medium and the small dreamwear frames with the medium mask. I am not a huge fan of the hose on top of my head. It tangles in my hair for one. I got a small f-30, with high hopes but I can not get it adjusted so it doesn't leak. I am on auto bi-level and my pressures can go as high as 24. I am going to try again tonight as I can't use my nasal pillow (owie on the nose) but I don't have high hopes. My next try was going to be the amara view but pugsy turned me into a nasal mask convert. :lol:

If I can't get the f-30 working in the next couple of nights its going to her donation box.

recipefordisaster

Post by recipefordisaster » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:10 am

I'd really like to try the F30- the only mask that works for me is the Simplus. I've tried everything! It's not ideal so I'm always hoping I will find a mask I can ah least alternate with it.

If anyone doesn't like the F30 and has a small, maybe they would trade me for a Simplus or sell me the F30? I'm quite sure I have another full Simplus to spare...

djams

Post by djams » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:49 am

Becca59 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:49 pm
I have tried the following FF masks: Dreamwear (frame too large or too small, causing leaks), F20- (very few leaks, but hurts my nose bridge. this is the mask I am currently using). Quattro Air for her (Hated the forehead strap & leaked, not comfortable for sleeping). So now on to the F30. If the F30 doesn't work out, what should I try next?
I had soreness on the bridge of my nose from the Airfit F20 as well. Have you tried the memory foam cushion? Fixed the problem for me. If you're happy with the F20 aside from the soreness, this would be something to try.

Becca59 wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:49 pm
Unfortunately, I can't get away with a nasal mask because I am a mouth breather...
You sound like me - I've made the same statement with the same conviction. But Pugsy's converted me to nasal pillows too! What a difference it is making! If you're willing to tape your mouth, you can use a nasal mask. Never say never. :)

raisedfist

Post by raisedfist » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:02 am

djams wrote: I had soreness on the bridge of my nose from the Airfit F20 as well. Have you tried the memory foam cushion? Fixed the problem for me. If you're happy with the F20 aside from the soreness, this would be something to try.
I buy my supplies out of pocket. How long do those cushions last if you don't over wash them?

PS Min 6, PS Max 18, EPAP Min 4, EPAP Max 12

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:19 am

raisedfist wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:02 am
I buy my supplies out of pocket. How long do those cushions last if you don't over wash them?
I don't use the memory cushion type of mask but my main guy at my DME does and he uses the AirTouch...he says he can get about 3 months out of one cushion before it becomes unusable from deterioration.
Water is the biggest killer of the foam...exposure to air in general is also a killer.
What he does is a gentle wipe off with something mild like a baby wipe and stores it during the day in a little baggy to help reduce the drying effects of the air.

A lot will depend on just how oily a person's face is in general....If not very oily the need for wiping off or any cleaning will be minimal.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Mark55

Post by Mark55 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:41 am

Pugsy wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:19 am
A lot will depend on just how oily a person's face is in general....If not very oily the need for wiping off or any cleaning will be minimal.
Wonder if a mask liner would increase the lifespan of the memory foam version?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:48 am

Mark55 wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:41 am
Pugsy wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 10:19 am
Wonder if a mask liner would increase the lifespan of the memory foam version?
Logic says it should but there's still the drying effects of air in general to contend with.

Certainly worth trying for those that really like the memory foam mask in general and the cost of replacement cushions is a hardship.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

RRR

Post by RRR » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:09 am

I've been using the F30 for about a week now, switching from the Airfit F20 which was killing the bridge of my nose. I'm getting good AHI readings and it's comfortable, but for me it's tricky adjusting it so it doesn't leak, especially around the nose pads blowing into my eyes. If I get it right, sleep on my back, and don't move it's fine but small movements or sometimes just swallowing saliva will start the leaking again. I was thinking of trying the Padacheek leak strap I got for the F20 with the F30.

raisedfist

Post by raisedfist » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:10 am

I'm gonna order the airtouch f20 cushion. They are stupid expensive at our host but they have them on Amazon...hopefully they don't have the ripping/tearing issue that a lot of people had.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:08 pm

raisedfist wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:10 am
I'm gonna order the airtouch f20 cushion. They are stupid expensive at our host but they have them on Amazon...hopefully they don't have the ripping/tearing issue that a lot of people had.
Careful when buying on Amazon..they sell parts..often the masks and headgear are sold separately

raisedfist

Post by raisedfist » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:14 pm

LSAT wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:08 pm
raisedfist wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:10 am
Careful when buying on Amazon..they sell parts..often the masks and headgear are sold separately
I own the airfit f20 mask already, I am just gonna try this memory foam cushion which is compatible.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:48 pm

Okie bipap wrote:
Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:31 pm
I really liked the F30, but I had problems with leaks. They weren't very large, but they bothered me. I probably should have tried making a liner for it, but I never did. I have made liners for my F20, the Amara View, and the Dreamwear FFM. I never thought to make one for the F30.
Sent you a PM