F30 mask users - where are your leaks?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
djams

F30 mask users - where are your leaks?

Post by djams » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:26 pm

I like my F30 mask. It doesn't leak much, but when it does it's always in the cheek area and it's the typical noises that wake us up. Wakes my wife up even more than it does me. I've yet to have any problems with the nose saddle leaking.

I've been in touch with padacheeck about a liner. Karen says it's a real challenge working out how to handle the nose saddle. She's working on it.

At any rate, I thought I'd try to collect some user input, and if it turns out to be useful, point her to this thread. I suppose it would be useful to state what you'd like to see from padacheeck in a liner.

For me, the crude homemade liner below works. But it's a PITA. I have to position it just so, and it's shifted on me during the night, partially covering the nose holes. This does not happen with padacheek liners. I've told Karen that a partial liner would satisfy me. But I seriously doubt that she'll change her design strategy just based on my say so. :lol:

So - what would you like to see in a padacheek F30 liner? Where are your leaks? For me, I just need a liner that covers the mouth area, and is unable to move around.

Attachments
20181221_150219crop.jpg
20181221_150219crop.jpg (575.64 KiB) Viewed 6354 times

Cokomo

Re: F30 mask users - where are your leaks?

Post by Cokomo » Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:47 pm

My leaks are in the cheek area also . Has to be cinched so tightly that it would come close to breaking the skin. Like you , I’m waiting for Pad a Cheek liner . The nose area fits great —- no pad needed there . Had the Dreamwear ffm and same issue and the Pad a Cheek liner solved the I problem of deep dents in cheek(s).

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:18 pm

Mine kept leaking in the nose area. It would blow air up into one eye. I had the same problem with the medium and small cushion. Ended up sending the mask back and went back to the Dreamwear FFM.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

mets123

Post by mets123 » Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:33 pm

I really like the design of this mask. Funny thing is I test out the mask fit and everything seems fine. I get up the next morning and see I had a lot of leaks but not aware of them. It seems if I am aware of them that become apparent when I turn from side to side and seems to leak from the nose area. With me I can have days with minimal leaks and then days with a lot of leaks.
Funny thing last 3 days went back to my f20 airtouch. No leaks and much better AHI. Not really sure why this is. When Karen comes out with the f30 liner I will definitely try it.

Cokomo

Post by Cokomo » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:05 pm

Used the F30 last night with an old F10 Pad a Cheek liner which was modified to fit . It worked
perfectly ——no dents or marks . No leaks . Very comfortable. Was able to lower pressure by 1 cm. 15 to 14 .

no_more_headaches

Post by no_more_headaches » Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:33 pm

I breathe through my nose but do not like to do the taping thing so I use full face masks. I have been using the padacheek with the Airtouch F20 cushions as well. The liners really just help keep my mouth shut as well as comfort.
Using that logic I took one of the other competitor liners which is a flat piece of cloth with a hole and I looped the hole over the nasal portion and let the cloth hang low over the mouth part. It works but I still sometimes have air leaks over the nose. I really have to crank the straps and when I sleep on my sidei have to be careful with the pillows as they can disturb the soft part of the nose cushion much more easily whereas on the F20 cushion it just pushes the mask tighter on my face. My other big issue is that my septum gets really sore after an hour or so. I think I am going back to the F20.

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B155ON9t3FBiZj

Supine AHI 78.9 REM AHI 16
Titrated 1/18/08, Pressure 9

Cokomo

Post by Cokomo » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:06 pm

If your septum is sore it means you are cinching too tightly . Loosen to where it feels comfortable and then adjust the other straps to eliminate any leakage .

no_more_headaches

Post by no_more_headaches » Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:20 pm

Actually it starts off feeling fine and then ends up hurting later. I did initially start off with it much looser but the leaks, the leaks. As I said when sleep on my side its hard to keep it in place. The elbow seems catch everything and pull the nose portion around.

Supine AHI 78.9 REM AHI 16
Titrated 1/18/08, Pressure 9

accrn

Post by accrn » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:39 pm

Mine doesn't leak a lot, but when it does it's on either side of my chin, where full face masks always leak for me. Its definitely one of the least leaky ones that I've ever found. And it actually leaks less when I sleep on my side.

Additional Comments: Alternate mask is Resmed P10 nasal pillows

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:31 pm

Mine leaked then first couple of nights but not so much 3 and 4 th night. Getting it dialed in. My ahi has increased tho. Even with raising the epap. :cry:

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:54 pm

What type of events went up?

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:14 pm

I haven't checked. :) My husband surprised me by flying in our daughter and her boyfriend from Reno and my other daughter and her boyfriend are also here from Vegas. I will pull the data card and look when I find a spare moment. For now I am just enjoying the chaos.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:39 pm

Update. Apparently it wasn't the mask at all.

One of the kids didn't like the pillow in the guest room so I loaned them my cooling pillow (not a cpap pillow) and I went back to my flat old worn out pillow. My ahi dropped to just over 2. My kid liked the cooling pillow so much I gave it to her and I am once again on a search to replace my flat worn out old friend. I will see what the data shows tomorrow as my husband says one night doesn't make a trend but if it holds I need a low profile or slim type pillow.

babydinosnoreless

Post by babydinosnoreless » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:24 am

Still can't get the leaks stopped except for one excellent night. See the data in my other thread if anyone is interested. I may be taking it back. Maybe the Amara View?

djams

Post by djams » Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:40 am

Cynmatthes wrote:
Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:24 am
Still can't get the leaks stopped except for one excellent night. See the data in my other thread if anyone is interested. I may be taking it back. Maybe the Amara View?
Those leaks are nothing to worry about. You want to keep working on it, but don't let this bother you.

Here's a link where I got schooled on both leaks and mask liners. By many of the best on this forum. Relax. :)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=172899&hilit=Frustration#p1267695