CPAP machine and Central Ai

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
dbratberg

CPAP machine and Central Ai

Post by dbratberg » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:01 pm

....Mayoclinic.org says "Treatment-emergent central sleep apnea. Some people with obstructive sleep apnea develop central sleep apnea while using continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) for their sleep apnea treatment. This condition is known as treatment-emergent central sleep apnea and is a combination of obstructive and central sleep apneas." Although My AHI is below 1 for 20/22 nights (new user) , my machine data says more is due to Central AI. I am concerned about this trend. In August 2022, I had a trial CPAP machine for 10 days and my Kaiser therapist emailed my data for the trial and it said "0" Central AI.
....I would appreciate the experienced collective of the group for feedback. The data from my machine is available for one night at a time. MyAir app data is too general. I can see if I can schedule an in person appointment with a sleep therapist because their data is more detailed.
....I have downloaded OSCAR and I will post my data for general review after I have enough data. (1 month? or ?). I believe OSCAR does not identify Central AI, is that correct?
Oceana

Pugsy

Re: CPAP machine and Central Ai

Post by Pugsy » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:41 pm

dbratberg wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:01 pm
I believe OSCAR does not identify Central AI, is that correct?
Whatever gave you that idea? OSCAR will report the data that the machine collects and ResMed full data machines do record Central Apneas and OSCAR will show them.

Treatment emergent central apnea will require a LOT more centrals than you are having if your AHI is around 1.0

Post a recent detailed night....a "good" night and a "bad" night...in terms of AHI.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

dbratberg

Post by dbratberg » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:05 pm

I need to review the directions again on how to post, but I will post data in the next few days. I don't see a category called Central AI when I look at my OSCAR data. I must not be looking in the correct place.
Oceana

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:20 pm

dbratberg wrote:
Although My AHI is below 1 for 20/22 nights (new user) , my machine data says more is due to Central AI. I am concerned about this trend.
....I would appreciate the experienced collective of the group for feedback.
Unless your central AHI is well over 5, IGNORE IT!
dbratberg wrote:
believe OSCAR does not identify Central AI, is that correct?
Oscar just reports what the machine flags.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:28 pm

OSCAR calls central apneas ...clear airway apneas ....long story why the term "central" isn't used but if you see CA/clear airway apnea flags....those are ResMed central apneas.

A few centrals/CAs are normal and do NOT mean that someone has "treatment emergent central apnea"....you need at least 5 per hour average showing a lot of centrals consistently through the night and every night before a doctor will even think about raising an eyebrow over the centrals.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

dbratberg

Post by dbratberg » Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:11 pm

Got it! I feel a lot better. I knew I would get the answer here.
Oceana

clownbell

Post by clownbell » Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:08 pm

Dratberg - you may think you got "the" answer but there may be other things going on. Suggest downloading Oscar and posting your results. That will enable you to get expert opinions on anything else that may be relevant. Why pass up a great resource?
ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset with built in humidifier
Resmed P10 pillow mask

dbratberg

Post by dbratberg » Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:16 pm

clownbell wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:08 pm
Dratberg - you may think you got "the" answer but there may be other things going on. Suggest downloading Oscar and posting your results. That will enable you to get expert opinions on anything else that may be relevant. Why pass up a great resource?
Thank you. I have downloaded OSCAR and I want to have enough data before I post. I have 23 days and it included some learning curve. I also have to figure out how to post. I have looked at the directions and I need to re-read them. I am concerned based on family history and I also don't want to be shot down because my AHI numbers are good- below 1 on 21 days out of 23, but I had no central AI flags during my trial in August 2022 and now I do. I used RESMED 10 for the trial and I own/use RESMED11 with the same N30i nasal.
Oceana