Possible to transfer data from Oscar to provider?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
msat

Possible to transfer data from Oscar to provider?

Post by msat » Sat May 11, 2024 1:31 pm

My local provider is useless, and so I'm in the process of switching to a new one. The new provider asked me to have the previous one send my data to her, which was not done (and likely won't be done). I have data on Oscar (previously on Sleepyhead) dating back to 2017. I'm wondering if it's possible to send over files from my computer to the new provider in a form that she could be able to use, and if so, what to look for on my computer. Thanks for your attention.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: Possible to transfer data from Oscar to provider?

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon May 13, 2024 7:50 am

Doctors are most comfortable with hard copy (no software needed).
Detail graphs for recent use, and summary for long term.
If you bring everything on a USB drive, they may not be able to see it.

msat

Post by msat » Mon May 13, 2024 12:07 pm

It's not for a doctor -- it's for the company providing CPAP machines and masks. I really must get ahold of them today, because I'm way overdue for equipment, and I'll find another company if this company really has to have more than is currently on my SD disk. I'm in a bit of a fix because the local company is incompetent and I will have to travel. I need to use a provider rather than ordering from the internet because I can have this covered by extended medical insurance and also because my current mask is no longer made, it seems, and I'd like to try out masks in person in the office.

Thanks for your response.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon May 13, 2024 12:47 pm

msat wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 1:31 pm
The new provider asked me to have the previous one send my data to her, which was not done (and likely won't be done). I have data on Oscar (previously on Sleepyhead) dating back to 2017.
If your new DME is competent, they have the software to read your compliance data off your SD card. They wouldn't know what to do with OSCAR data. Take your card in.

The new DME will also want your prescription or an order from a doctor.

msat

Post by msat » Mon May 13, 2024 12:54 pm

I don't know why she asked me to have the previous DME send my records... In any case, I've emailed her and will see what happens.

msat

Post by msat » Mon May 13, 2024 3:09 pm

And now I find that they charge $300 for their "Care for Life" program -- $149 if you buy a mask. As if their mark-up on the equipment isn't enough! What a racket.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon May 13, 2024 4:33 pm

msat wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 3:09 pm
And now I find that they charge $300 for their "Care for Life" program -- $149 if you buy a mask. As if their mark-up on the equipment isn't enough! What a racket.
Which DME is this? It's OK to reveal in this forum. Someone may have experience with them that can help you.

BTW, is this DME in your insurance network?

msat

Post by msat » Mon May 13, 2024 6:34 pm

I'm in Canada, so it works a bit differently. I have a bunch of hoops to jump through with the insurance company, but there shouldn't be any issues with which DME I end up using. This insurance is private extended medical insurance -- our provincial plan would rather treat people for heart attacks than pay for medical devices that could prevent them...
(In case you don't know what I mean, CPAP equipment is not covered by our "universal coverage," at least not in British Columbia.)

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat May 18, 2024 10:10 am

msat wrote:
Mon May 13, 2024 6:34 pm
our provincial plan would rather treat people for heart attacks than pay for medical devices that could prevent them...
:(