Airsense 10 is 8 years old, keep using it?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
loggerhead12

Re: Airsense 10 is 8 years old, keep using it?

Post by loggerhead12 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:48 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:32 pm
Have you ever gone a night without it? I wouldn't want you to get a miserable surprise.
Never doing that again. I'll just stay awake.

dvejr

Post by dvejr » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:15 pm

Mine is about that age, and recently started displaying a warning when I turn it off in the morning. Something about exceeding the normal life of the motor. Never saw it but when I didn't have my reading glasses on, so I'm not sure of the wording....

greg-g

Post by greg-g » Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:48 am

Mine first displayed that message two years ago at 23,000 hrs. Its still going strong today at 30,000 hrs.
I do have a backup machine.
I'll change at the first sign anything is changing, that will probably be fan noise.

PST

Post by PST » Sun Dec 17, 2023 9:30 am

I find myself in the same position as others. My Airsense 10 is about 8 years old and the message panel is telling me that the motor has reached its intended lifespan. Medicare plus supplement will pay for a new one, leaving me only the Part B deductible, which I always exhaust anyway. I'm not going to get something I don't think I need just because someone else is paying, but I would like to have a hedge against sudden failure and a backup that still works in case something happens to the new one. The DME provider says it can give me either a 10 or an 11. I don't think there's much difference in functionality. Is there any solid reason not to take the 11? I realize this may have been well covered before and I apologize for asking instead of making a more thorough search, but I would be grateful if anyone has a warning for me. I use OSCAR and tinker with my own settings, for which I rely on the memory card feature. My biggest concern would be if that ability is compromised somehow with the 11.

Chilehead

Post by Chilehead » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:59 am

Since it's on sale again (but not as good as the $208 price others got last month) I ordered it late last week and should have it this coming week. I'll use it as my primary and keep my old one as a backup.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:45 am

Chilehead wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:59 am
Since it's on sale again (but not as good as the $208 price others got last month) I ordered it late last week and should have it this coming week. I'll use it as my primary and keep my old one as a backup.
The 208 was a major screw up price that was available one day only until someone realized the error. :lol: :lol:
Yesterday I did see it on sale again now....399 but I don't know how long it will last.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

dmoss74

Post by dmoss74 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:56 pm

i see you got another one. i was just going to say that i'd be more concerned with run hours. not if you've been using it daily for 8 years, it probably had a good amount of "miles" on it.

rough math would be 17.5 k hours at 6 hours a night. i think they rate the machines at 20k hours. maybe a few more.

Chilehead

Post by Chilehead » Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:59 pm

dmoss74 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:56 pm
i see you got another one. i was just going to say that i'd be more concerned with run hours. not if you've been using it daily for 8 years, it probably had a good amount of "miles" on it.

rough math would be 17.5 k hours at 6 hours a night. i think they rate the machines at 20k hours. maybe a few more.
Not sure if the manufacturer thinks usage hours of usage is more of a factor than the age of the components. I can see that rubber gaskets and seals may degrade over time, regardless of how much it's actually used.

jlsmithseven

Post by jlsmithseven » Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:08 pm

For all those out there CPAP just put the Airsense 10 on sale again and if you are a new member there you get 25% off putting it at about $300 shipped!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:44 am

jlsmithseven wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2023 6:08 pm
For all those out there CPAP just put the Airsense 10 on sale again and if you are a new member there you get 25% off putting it at about $300 shipped!
I don't know about the "if you are a new member" thing because I can't test that out (since I can't be a new member now) but right now the AirSense 10 autoset card to cloud model is on sale for 399 and there is a promo code for 25% off site wide but it doesn't seem to pertain to this machine. Promo code is SLEEP25 and I couldn't see timeline for it but I did a test run in my cart to see if it worked on the machine and it didn't for me. I could get the 25% off masks and other stuff but NOT the machine.

Still yet the 399 with free shipping is a very fair price.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

jlsmithseven

Post by jlsmithseven » Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:20 pm

Agreed that price is still very good. I did the test also and I guess that code would work for the Airsense 11 which brings it down to below $800 I think which is very good as well.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:46 pm

jlsmithseven wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:20 pm
Agreed that price is still very good. I did the test also and I guess that code would work for the Airsense 11 which brings it down to below $800 I think which is very good as well.
That Promo Code does seem to work on some machines...but not all. Even a few of the travel size machines....the AirMini is one and it's now 799 as well.
And yes it works on the AirSense 11 Autoset which brings the price down to 799.
Helluva deal for a brand new model.

The AirSense 10 card to cloud model...code doesn't work but at 399 I don't think people can bitch too much about that one.

Does NOT seem to work on any bilevel machines though. I couldn't find one bilevel that the promo code worked on.

So folks....if you are in the market for a new machine...don't dilly dally around because I seriously doubt we will see brand new models on sale like this.

jlsmithseven

Post by jlsmithseven » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:11 pm

Also I will confirm my Airsense 10 was brand new ordered from the website. My doubt was taken away when Pugsy invited the owner/rep to post on the forum, but I can assure you it is a brand new machine!