Is distilled water ok to use if previously frozen??

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ChicagoGranny

Re: Is distilled water ok to use if previously frozen??

Post by ChicagoGranny » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:52 pm

Jerseyguy wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:34 pm
I need a new sleep doc
Why do you need a sleep doctor?

Stom

Post by Stom » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:14 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:51 pm
VOC paranoia.
More woo promoted by those promoting stupid.
Nope. Don't mistake vague concerns about VOCs with specific warnings about not storing water in plastic containers near gasoline vapors. Hydrocarbon vapors permeating plastic is a known issue with emergency water storage. Store water away from things like gasoline vapors and don't place plastic water containers directly on greasy garage floors. Thicker walled plastic containers, like special water storage barrels, are less permeable than thin walled containers like the disposable kind distilled water from grocery stores comes in
Official Foe™ on @Palerider's public list of foes. ;-)

Rules to live by: Be wary of anyone boasting their behavior is like that of a fictional sociopath.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:40 pm

a troll wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:14 pm
chunkyfrog wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:51 pm
VOC paranoia.
More woo promoted by those promoting stupid.
Nope. Don't mistake vague concerns about VOCs with specific warnings about not storing water in plastic containers near gasoline vapors. Hydrocarbon vapors permeating plastic is a known issue with emergency water storage. Store water away from things like gasoline vapors and don't place plastic water containers directly on greasy garage floors. Thicker walled plastic containers, like special water storage barrels, are less permeable than thin walled containers like the disposable kind distilled water from grocery stores comes in
Found the prepper.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Stom

Post by Stom » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:56 pm

palerider wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:48 pm
Stom wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:13 pm
Another "technically correct" statement.
palerider wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:40 pm
a troll wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:14 pm
Found the prepper.
You are just straight up internet bullying again. Even when you can't disagree with what I've written, you still try to attack me.

Not only that, your bully attack is also factually wrong. I live in California - earthquake country. **Everybody** here is encouraged by state and local agencies and NGOs to have emergency supplies on hand, including at least 3 days worth of water per person or more.

Rules to live by: Be wary of anyone boasting their behavior is like that of a fictional sociopath.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:39 pm

a troll wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:56 pm
You are just straight up internet bullying again.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Stom

Post by Stom » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:34 am

palerider wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:39 pm
a troll wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:56 pm

You are confirming yourself as a straight up internet bully, complete with name calling, and you think it is fine, no apologies. But there is one thing you and other bullies clearly dislike, which is when people stand up to you, which I'm happy to do. Internet bullying should be called out. Even your supporters know you are a bully, they just have excuses for it, like "But he contributes a lot," or "Oh, he used to be way worse." I'd say nobody has a valid excuse for being an internet bully.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:54 am

a troll wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:34 am
bully, bullies bullying bully, bully.
Besides being a broken record, you're simply an ignorant jerk that thinks he knows far more than he does.

You read a few things, and you think you know everything about a subject, and then you go around arguing with people that have years more experience than you do.

Yes, this annoys me, because you and your ignorance get in the way of actually *helping people* here. If that makes me a "bully" in your pathetic little eyes, so be it.

You can't even get your equipment listing right.

All you care about is being 'right', you couldn't possibly care less about people that have issues and problems and want to improve their sleep. You're happy to argue, and derail threads just so you can prove .... to yourself... that you're so smart. All the while, helping nobody.

I'm sure that you are your mommies special little flower, and what you think matters tremendously to her... but, I couldn't possibly care less. All I care about here is helping people that *need help*. You don't, you already think you know everything.

Now, since you're unable to avoid getting in the last word, you go ahead and tell me what a bully I am, I won't bother reading it, because I know it'll be semantically null. I'll go back to *helping people* and ignoring you, and you can go back to being "technically right".

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:32 am

Goofproof wrote:
Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:51 pm
I looked all over the jug for instructions, nowhere did I find did it to have a label, "Thaw before use". It must have became unglued due to freezing. Jim

Also missing was the list of ingredients, and the hazmat warnings.
It's gotta say it on the label!! :mrgreen:

Sheriff

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:44 am

Material data sheets are not found on the package.
It is not required.

Stom

Post by Stom » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 am

palerider wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:54 am
a troll wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:34 am
bully, bullies bullying bully, bully.
Besides being a broken record, you're simply an ignorant jerk that thinks he knows far more than he does.
Yup, more name calling an bullying by you, in a series of attacks you started, now adding new name calling.
palerider wrote:
You read a few things, and you think you know everything about a subject, and then you go around arguing with people that have years more experience than you do.

Yes, this annoys me, because you and your ignorance get in the way of actually *helping people* here. If that makes me a "bully" in your pathetic little eyes, so be it.
This is, of course, has been shown by you to be utter nonsense, as your last spate of attacks demonstrated, where you don't actually disagree with what I wrote, but attacked me anyway, trying to weaponizes your lack of disagreement. Your attacks were simply out and out personal attacks.

But you've used this excuse in the past, where you claim you have to be mean to people to correct false information. That is also nonsense. Bullying is not required, nor is name calling, to counter misinformation where it occurs. Pretty much everybody else here manages to do it without being a bully. The name calling and bullying are entirely gratuitous on your part.
palerider wrote:
You can't even get your equipment listing right.
Wow, you are really reaching for something to try to find fault with.
palerider wrote:
All I care about here is helping people that *need help*.
Ah, trying to put a polish on your "I'm mean because being a bully is how I help people" excuse. Again, nonsense. Being a bully is not required. Somehow only you "have to" be mean to make your point... :-/
palerider wrote:
Now, since you're unable to avoid getting in the last word, you go ahead and tell me what a bully I am, I won't bother reading it, because I know it'll be semantically null. I'll go back to *helping people* and ignoring you, and you can go back to being "technically right".
Love it. Another attack on me where you don't actually disagree with what I said, and you try to make saying things you agree with into a bad thing. But, as to claiming you are going to oh so generously give me the "last word" in a series of attacks you started, I remember the last time you said that, and then came back over and over. You were apparently projecting when you claimed I was the person who had to get in the last word.

Internet bullying should be called out, and I will continue to do so.
Last edited by Stom on Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:26 am

Both of you...knock it off please.
I see 2 potential bullies/smart asses here....and you both are hijacking the thread with the crap banter back and forth.
Someone always wants to get the last "you are the bully" in...well I am tired of it so I will get the last word in.
One "you are a bully" is more than enough. I don't need the bully police to keep harping on it.

Your fighting is disrupting the thread....When we have more bickering posts than helpful answer the question posts...something is wrong.

You both want to help people....is that not correct?
Then tell me how this bickering and name calling and nit picking crap is helping anyone?
Nevermind...I don't really want excuses or a response....

I want it to stop.

Start your own thread for this sort of crap if you must do it or take it private.
Neither one of you is going to change....I know that but take the fight somewhere else from now on.

I could lock this thread but that doesn't help the person who asked a simple question and he shouldn't have to pay for the ugliness I see here. If you don't stop this crap....I will move the crap to somewhere you two and duke it out to your hearts content.

Fair warning to both of you or anyone else who goes down this road from now on. I won't delete your posts but I will move them to a place that isn't so disruptive to a thread like this one where someone asks a question.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

LinkC

Post by LinkC » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:57 pm

Agreed...

Unlike his passengers who died screaming as the car went over the cliff...

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:17 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:26 am
Both of you...knock it off please.
As I said, already did... Not even gonna read the reply I see up there... it's best that way :)
Pugsy wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:26 am
Fair warning to both of you or anyone else who goes down this road from now on. I won't delete your posts but I will move them to a place that isn't so disruptive to a thread like this one where someone asks a question.
That sounds like an excellent idea... make a "barroom brawl thread" and just move the bickering bullshit to that one :D

mw757

Post by mw757 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:07 am

One of the forums I frequent has a thread called fight club. Something similar here might solve the problem.

“FIGHT CLUB, where being right always trumps wisdom. This forum has very broad borders as far as what goes. If you are easily distressed, do NOT participate or read this forum. Short of drawing blood, there will not be much moderation here. So please don't participate, get upset and ask management to do something about it.”

It’s only available to signed in members. :D

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:57 am

mw757 wrote:
Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:07 am
One of the forums I frequent has a thread called fight club. Something similar here might solve the problem.

“FIGHT CLUB, where being right always trumps wisdom. This forum has very broad borders as far as what goes. If you are easily distressed, do NOT participate or read this forum. Short of drawing blood, there will not be much moderation here. So please don't participate, get upset and ask management to do something about it.”

It’s only available to signed in members. :D
:lol: :lol: Good one.

I can actually see the wisdom in that creed.

I really don't mind the fights as long as they aren't derailing a helping thread. That's my main beef about the squabbling.

Johnny the forum owner doesn't really mind the fights either unless they get way out of hand and really disrupt the tone of the forum in general and he really has a very generous line in the sand for what disrupts the forum.
My line in the sand isn't quite so generous but it's a lot more generous than on some other forums.

Johnny keeps hoping that as adults we will behave like adults and abide by the Golden rule...sigh...wish it were that simple.

And to top it all off....I have been fighting my own sleep demons lately and I am one grouchy old bitch and what I might have let slide last month I might not let slide today. I am human and come with my own warts and all thing.
You get what you pay for with my being a moderator...and we all know I get nothing here for what I do.
I am not perfect either.
I watch the squabbling hoping that it will quit quickly because maybe somebody is just having a bad day because of a bad night or whatever.
When it doesn't quit quickly and I have had a bad night myself....you all get to see the ugly side of me.
I would rather you didn't...but hey...again you get what you pay for here. :lol:

Squabble a little and I won't do much except watch things....squabble to the point of derailing a helping thread with the fighting and I will step in. That is simply one of the things I just can't abide by. If people must fight like that then I will be happy to fix up a place where they can beat themselves up to a bloody pulp....outside a helping thread.
Then I will go buy some popcorn and watch the show.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.