iBreeze 20A Issues

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
TheRiek

iBreeze 20A Issues

Post by TheRiek » Sat Dec 30, 2023 6:11 am

Been using machine for about 14 months. Several issues.
1. Machine doesn't keep time. When trying to correct time, minutes can't be changed, as digit is grayed out. How does the machine keep time ? Is it through the WiFi and internet ?
2. Machine has not gotten any software updates. Have seen updates mentioned elsewhere for the iBreeze 20A. Software is v01.11.01. Machine says software is up-to-date.
3. Have confirmed that machine has WiFi connection. Have seen the little icon on the display which indicates that data is being uploaded. My WiFi wireless access point has a diagnostic page which confirms that data is being transmitted to the internet from the machine. Yet that data has never appeared in the Resvent app. The only data shown on the app was uploaded manually by SD card inserted into my Windows PC.

At the local Rotech office where I rented the machine, I inquired about the WiFi issue in Jan 2022. Her response was that she didn't know anything about the WiFi feature, and that it didn't matter as long as I could manually upload the data. Not satisfied with that response, I phoned the main Rotech office. The agent in the Compliance Department said she wasn't aware of the automatic upload through WiFi feature. I found that a bit hard to believe as patient data management is their primary function.

My suspicion is that Rotech is not supporting either WiFi data uploads, clock sync, or software updates with their servers. If so, would they be out-of-compliance with the terms of their contract ? The manual which they supplied with the equipment confirms the WiFi feature.

Research revealed that Rotech has already been in bankruptcy once. One wonders why Medicare or Florida Blue continue to use them.

Any Rotech customers have similar experiences ??

hmulliken

Re: iBreeze 20A Issues

Post by hmulliken » Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:45 pm

Hi, I have an Ibreeze 20A and was having all sorts of issues. Here's a sampling:
1) Machine would force sudden large gulp of air at end of breath (called bumping in some threads)
2) I would wake up at times with the machine hyperventilating me for 10 - 15 seconds, 2 - 3 breaths per second
3) It would fight my exhales occasionally.
4) Pressure regulation would "wander" like on a rolling sea.

My sleep doctor didn't know what was causing this. Neither did the equipment provider. The machine reported all software was up-to-date.

My SVN was 20518, SV 01.11.01
I followed the instructions for updating the software here:

https://compasshealthbrands.com/itemFil ... ion%29.pdf

I had my wifi turned on and set-up on my home network router when I followed these instructions. At the end, the machine resets itself, then downloaded the previous configuration and data from my equipment provider (CPAP4me). After everything was done, the ABOUT menu item under SETTINGS in the main menu reported my SVN was 21384 and SV 01.12.01

I hope this helps someone. I have had this problem for about 15 months and just fixed it due to a post in this forum, so thanks! much appreciated.

sauerkraut

Re: iBreeze 20A Issues

Post by sauerkraut » Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:15 am

TheRiek;
You stated that Your iBreeze is rented ..
Sounds to Me like You need to demand a replacement machine from Your supplier !!
I would recommend a machine supported by Oscar such as Resmeds AS 10 or AS 11 ..

hmulliken;
If Your machined is rented You need to think about doing the same thing ..

Best of luck to both of You getting Your problems fixed ..