Airsense 11 Water Leak

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jsmit86

Airsense 11 Water Leak

Post by jsmit86 » Sun May 19, 2024 8:57 am

I have an Airsense 11 Autoset that is about 1 1/2 years old.
For the most part it's been a good machine.
For that last 8 months or so, I am having repeated issues with the humidifier tub leaking.
When it leaks I see some water puddling around the bottom of the place where the tub is inserted, and the water has a brown tinge to it.
I am filling the tub well under the max line. I have used both distilled and softened and filtered tap water, and it still occurs. It doesn't happen every night.
I have replaced tubs about 10 times. The most recent one is about 10 days old, dishwasher safe, but I only hand wash it with Dawn soap about once a week. I usually use level 3 for my humidity setting. This happens with both the ClimateLine tube, and a non-heated ResMed 15mm tube. The machine is not being tipped or jostled to make the water leak our.

I am wondering if any of the forum members have heard of this issue, and have any suggestions for a solve.

Resmed Airsense 11 Autoset - Former Airsense 10 Autoset
Resmed Airtouch F20 Foam Mask
Travel unit HDM Z2 Auto

vandownbytheriver

Re: Airsense 11 Water Leak

Post by vandownbytheriver » Sun May 19, 2024 11:36 am

You should replace the tub. You can test the old tub by filling with water and letting it sit... but it may not leak until heated. Tubs are supposed to be replaced every six months according to RM. Brownish water is a sign of rust or corrosion and is not good.

jsmit86

Post by jsmit86 » Sun May 19, 2024 3:20 pm

I have replaced several tubs. You are correct that heat seems to be necessary.

Travel unit HDM Z2 Auto

vandownbytheriver

Post by vandownbytheriver » Sun May 19, 2024 9:00 pm

jsmit86 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2024 3:20 pm
I have replaced several tubs. You are correct that heat seems to be necessary.
I tried repairing the old-style AS10 tub and wound up cracking the plastic... otherwise I think it would have worked... just very difficult to get apart.

I have the tube of food-grade silicone left over from that experiment. The new AS10 tubs have the circular bottom. Should mine start leaking I'll attempt the same repair, it should be much easier with the circular plate.

Nemo48

Post by Nemo48 » Mon May 20, 2024 10:58 am

I had the same issue with a leaking AirSense 11. Had to replace it at 6 months. I think the heating results in cracks in the plastic with resulting leaks
CPAP user since Summer 2023

jsmit86

Post by jsmit86 » Mon May 20, 2024 3:02 pm

Nemo48 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 10:58 am
I had the same issue with a leaking AirSense 11. Had to replace it at 6 months. I think the heating results in cracks in the plastic with resulting leaks
Checking... just replacing the tub?
I have replaced many tubs. Either there is a big problem with the tubs, or something in the machine is causing the leak.

Travel unit HDM Z2 Auto

jsmit86

Post by jsmit86 » Thu May 23, 2024 2:17 pm

jsmit86 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 3:02 pm
Nemo48 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 10:58 am
Checking... just replacing the tub?
I have replaced many tubs. Either there is a big problem with the tubs, or something in the machine is causing the leak.
I agree -
It seems strange that every tub leaks within a few weeks, and that this does not seem to be a rampant problem with the tubs.
I am having the machine checked out again. My DME is a good guy. I will use my backup unit for a couple of weeks until the unit is checked out again.

Travel unit HDM Z2 Auto

Cpapian

Post by Cpapian » Sun May 26, 2024 9:00 am

Have you watched the Australian guy's videos. He has one about leaks on 11 models. Not from the tub but the hose connection.

alancalan

Post by alancalan » Sun May 26, 2024 10:40 am

I just got the air curve 11 and I have no leaks and I didn't even have any leaks when I took the ac11 off the headboard cabinet which is behind my bed obviously to change some of the settings. So was resting on a pillow, turned it to the side, it was rotated up to a 90° angle and nothing came out. The GM at Lincare said to me you don't have to bang it in but you just have to put the water tank in firmly. However, I just got mine two days ago and maybe they changed it since the air sense 11 came out.