Noob question

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
donb123

Noob question

Post by donb123 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:37 am

Greetings.

Noob here.

I have a Resmed Airsense 10 Auto CPAP with humidifier - if that is relevant. I am using a Phillips Respironics Whisp nose mask. Wearing it is mildly uncomfortable but I've slept through hurricanes and all kinds of stuff. I don't feel like it is anything that would keep me from sleeping. I'm looking into one of the more comfortable options like the Dreamwear or N30i though.

My dilemma is this. I have not been able to go more than 2 hours- including falling asleep time- without waking up and being awake enough or irritated about something enough that I take the mask off and then fall asleep without it. How can I figure out what is causing this. I would imagine auto-ramp has already gotten me up to gale force winds by that kind of time frame- especially when my devices has, sometimes, already detected an apnea event.

Thanks!

Dog Slobber

Re: Noob question

Post by Dog Slobber » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:54 am

1. Download OSCAR
  2. Read the pinned topics about OSCAR usage and graph formatting and posting
  3. Post graphs
Forum members can advise you on optimizing your therapy, possible see problems that contribute to awakenings, answer specific questions.

donb123

Re: Noob question

Post by donb123 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:19 am

I don't have anything yet. I'll need to get an SD card in there etc. This app is pretty sweet though.

Thanks for taking the time to respond!