Help please.....in the UK

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Nite nite

Re: Help please.....in the UK

Post by Nite nite » Sun Mar 13, 2022 1:32 am

Good morning thank you both for your posts. Really bad night got around maybe 4 hours at most 😩 very broken sleep I am going to email hospital today and plead with them . The problem is with them that they cannot find enough machines to give every body they won’t recognise my machine because it’s not there’s very strange

Nite nite

Post by Nite nite » Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:16 am

Strange really I always used to sleep on my sides but now I think I would take an increase of pressure so I could sleep on my back it just feels more comfortable with the mask it doesn’t move much and I don’t either. Breathing feels more easier and quite therapeutic I could elevate myself slightly to help with my back sleeping what do you think ? Many thanks Andy

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:25 pm

Sorry. I have no idea if elevating yourself will impact anything at all.
But....given our options are very limited...worth checking out.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Nite nite

Post by Nite nite » Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:54 pm

Evening hope all is well I think like you say anything is worth a go add a little bit of pressure and see how it goes 👍

Nite nite

Post by Nite nite » Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:21 pm

Hi good evening after watching the links you sent me and listen to Jason talk I don’t think they are proper central apnoea ? If my hospital won’t help me shall I seek a consultation with Jason what do you think ? Many thanks

Nite nite

Post by Nite nite » Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:46 pm

Good evening unfortunately my hospital is unwilling to help me as they say the machine is mine not there’s 😭 would you have any details of we’re I can have a private consultation please?

Nite nite

Post by Nite nite » Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:10 pm

Not sure the messaging system is working ok have emailed 👍

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:29 pm

Just a short update. I got a copy of the contents of the SD card and plugged it into my OSCAR software and went through the flow rate zoomed in and probably 90 to 95% of the flagged centrals are awake/arousal breathing related false positives.
OP has had a couple of night with AHI that is nice and low and pretty much all centrals...
So I think that the bulk of the centrals are likely arousal related....now as to what is causing the arousals...million dollar question that I don't have a good answer for.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

grapeshly

Post by grapeshly » Mon Mar 28, 2022 6:13 pm

...now as to what is causing the arousals...million dollar question that I don't have a good answer for.
Do you have a lot of stress in your life? Or perhaps a constant low-level anxiety? I ask because these are factors in modern life, and a surprising number of people have this and just quietly try to deal with it. It can also affect the quality of your sleep. Some of this may be acerbated by common nutritional deficiencies: Vitamin D, and/or Magnesium. I also struggle with waking up during the night and being unable to fall back into sleep again. I was also constantly feeling stressed by my job. Upping my Magnesium to 50% more than the daily recommended amount helped me too calm down a lot. Practicing good sleep hygiene also helps, and whenever I begin to think that no I'm okay and don't need to, the problems return. Final trick I can recommend is using a measured breathing app, or following a measured breathing video on YouTube also helps me relax and fall asleep. (It mimics meditation without actually doing meditation.)
Here's a short one YouTube video: (breathe in for the duration of ascending tones and breathe out for the duration of descending tones.)
https://youtu.be/YOHunViHtWI

My Auto CPAP improved my sleep, but I still struggle with getting enough sleep. I also hold tension in my neck and upper back, even when sleeping, so I haven't fully resolved my anxiety yet.

Please ignore if this is not your problem!

Nite nite

Post by Nite nite » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:09 pm

Thank you so much for your thoughts I will have a look at the you tube clip many thanks