selling Innomed Hybrid mask

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
justacpapuser

selling Innomed Hybrid mask

Post by justacpapuser » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:45 pm

I recently purchased Innomed Hybrid mask (mouth cover + nasal pillows).
I played with it for almost an hour until I gave up - it is not for me.
Pity, I like the idea. May try Resmed's mask.

Anyways........ it is basically almost as good as new and I didn't touch any of the other mask part of different sizes.
Anyone knows where is a good place to sell it, if someone is willing to buy a slightly used mask?
(if he/she isn't using the large size, than the other sizes are still sealed)

thanks.

EDIT - a more precise mask condition/description:
==========================================
I was in the process of trying out different masks and gave the Innomed Hybrid a try. I ordered it around mid September this year from cpap.com. I put it on and tried adjusting it for nearly 30 minutes before giving up. I just don't like it. I don't think it is a bad mask but masks are very individual choice. I did cut the plastic/silicone attachment connecting the medium nasal pillows from each other, hoping it'll prove to be more adjustable and easier to fit (I read about it somewhere). Unfortunately it didn't help. That is the only "damage" to the mask kit.

I have the original packaging along with all the material. As mentioned, the mask is barely used (nearly 30 minutes), after which I returned it back to its packaging where it remains still. I bought it for $116.95 if my memory serves me correctly. I will be selling it for $50 + shipping costs which I think is more than reasonable (I just want to get rid of the mask already).
I'm shipping from New Jersey.

Last edited by justacpapuser on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: selling Innomed Hybrid mask

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:09 pm

ResMed's pillows and cushion are quite a bit softer, but the shape assumes you have more chin.
Good luck.

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:16 pm

justacpapuser wrote:I recently purchased Innomed Hybrid mask (mouth cover + nasal pillows).
It took me a week of not flinging across the room to finally get it fitting right. I also use the rat lab strap across the nasal pillows developed by Rooster.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

justacpapuser

Post by justacpapuser » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:52 am

BlackSpinner wrote:
justacpapuser wrote:I recently purchased Innomed Hybrid mask (mouth cover + nasal pillows).
It took me a week of not flinging across the room to finally get it fitting right. I also use the rat lab strap across the nasal pillows developed by Rooster.
I also found the nasal pillows hard and irritating. Redmed's nasal pillow mask (I forgot the name, something with FX), is much softer and more elastic. The head gear is also a pain.

spire01

Post by spire01 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:45 pm

Hello,

You probably knew talking mask resmed mirage liberty

Mask the last chance for those who do not support the facial
well surround is better live
ResScan 3.16.018 / encore pro2 2.5.7.0 / F&P InfoSmart

justacpapuser

Post by justacpapuser » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:17 am

I almost forgot about my mask. I recently tried selling it in eBay but after less than a day my listing was removed as this item is regulated and required a prescription.
So bringing this posting back to the top for a short while again.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:52 am

If you break down the mask into replacement parts only Ebay will allow the sale. The RX requirement is just for total complete masks. That's how sellers get past the EBay RX police. People buy the replacement parts and "build their own mask" all the time. Having just one part missing so the mask isn't quite complete will get past the censors on EBay.

Or just state what you want for the mask here and someone here might be interested.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

VVV

Post by VVV » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:15 am

Pity, I like the idea. May try Resmed's mask.

Anyways........ it is basically almost as good as new and I didn't touch any of the other mask part of different sizes.
Anyone knows where is a good place to sell it, if someone is willing to buy a slightly used mask?
(if he/she isn't using the large size, than the other sizes are still sealed)

thanks.
You can do what you want with that mask but I will give you some unsolicited advice free of charge.

One try is usually not enough to get that mask to work beautifully like mine does. Once I learned to use the mask properly it became very easy to mask up each night. Once adjusted to fit my head, the mask rarely needs adjusting again and when it does need adjusting it is very easy to do.

I would also say playing with the mask for an hour is too long. As with any small project, we tend to become frustrated if we are not successful within twenty to thirty minutes. Step away from it and come back another day and then it may seem simple.

Here is that advice from Rooster - wiki/index.php/Hybrid_Mask_Modifications

He was way too verbose in explaining it, but his instructions did help me get the adjustment right.

Whatever you do, good luck,
.....................................V

jencat824

Post by jencat824 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:30 pm

If - after you give it a good try - you decide to sell it, PM me with a price, I might be interested if the price is right.
Jen

Other masks I've tried: *=liked, #= no way
Piliaro, SleepWeaver Elan*, Swift FX w&w/o Bella Loops#, OpitLife#,Simplicity*, Mirage Vista*, Go Life for Her#, IQ (original hg only)*, Quattro FX (barely)###, Wisp*, Nuance#, Swift LT for her**

joeyjernigan

Post by joeyjernigan » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:03 pm

Sent you a PM - made you an offer!

justacpapuser

Post by justacpapuser » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:47 pm

can't seem to get rid of my hardly used (less than 30 minutes) mask and it accumulates dust. I'll end up forgetting about it.
Selling it for $50 + shipment. Forgot to mentioned, I have the package and all the original content. The only "damage" it that i cut the connecting silicone between one of the nasal pillows - I was hoping it'll help provide better fit but it didn't matter at all.

kimbo

Post by kimbo » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:58 pm

Thanks for shipping the mask so quickly justacpapuser - came fast in great condition. Got it sized up last night, made it through 5 hours of sleep AHI was up a few points but otherwise first time trying a FFM and I think i'm off to a decent start. No Mouth Breathing! After weeks of taping and painful chin straps I'm amazed that I had no dry mouth when I woke up.

Biggest complaint with a Hybrid FFM so far is that it's a LOT of silicon touching the face -- at least from the perspective of coming from a lightweight Swift FX. Also the nasal pillows aren't nearly as soft as ResMeds (i'll live) Purchased a Pad a Cheek liner so hopefully that helps, also plan on getting some straps covers. How long does it typically take to get used to a new mask - i.e. when should I expect to have great stats?