DreamWear nasal mask causing irritation

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
kf13

DreamWear nasal mask causing irritation

Post by kf13 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:44 am

Hi all,
I've had my CPAP for 3 nights now and everything is going great except for one thing. The rubber nasal mask is causing irritation where it hits at the base of my nose. It looks and feels as though the skin there has been rubbed raw. Has anyone else had this problem and are there any solutions?

palerider

Re: DreamWear nasal mask causing irritation

Post by palerider » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:12 am

kf13 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:44 am
Hi all,
I've had my CPAP for 3 nights now and everything is going great except for one thing. The rubber nasal mask is causing irritation where it hits at the base of my nose. It looks and feels as though the skin there has been rubbed raw. Has anyone else had this problem and are there any solutions?
I don't know anything about that particular mask, but, when I was getting used to a completely different type mask, I had irritation on my nostrils, and what was recommended to make it feel better was Lansinoh lanolin, it's in the nursing mothers section of the pharmacy, used for raw chapped nipples, (I called it titty cream one time and got admonished for my language)...

A little bit goes a long way, I'd use about a bb size amount each day, and pretty soon, I didn't need it anymore, so I've got about 95% of the tube left... it works great on chapped lips. :D (doesn't taste very good though).

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

happysleeper

Post by happysleeper » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:08 am

kf13 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:44 am
Hi all,
Hi palerider, I have had good success using a 1/2inch x 1/2 inch piece of extra thin hydrocolloid on the skin in between my nostrils. ConvaTec DuoDerm Hydrocolloid Dressing 187955 4 X 4 Inch is an example. I get mine on Amazon. (I have no stock in the company.) Happy Dreamer

Thumper68

Post by Thumper68 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:11 pm

Hi kf13,
I use this mask and had the same issue as you in the beginning. I did as Palerider did, and used the lanolin cream. After awhile, my nose toughened up and I no longer need the lanolin.