ResMed tech support no help

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Spirit

ResMed tech support no help

Post by Spirit » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:26 pm

I'm on the phone with Resmed right now, due to cpap data/software malfunction. After explaining, what was going on. Tech said, sounds like something is wrong with the unit.

Tech advised that they only provide support to doctors and DME providers. I asked, if I purchased cpap myself, can I send it in for RMA, he said no, I would have to take it to DME, for return. So waiting on phone for tech to locate one in my area.

Called DME, they said to bring cpap in with data card, they will check to see if data is working properly. If not, they will send unit to ResMed for diagnoses. I just have to pay shipping. ResMed will quote repair costs, I accept or decline.

She asked an awful lot of questions, because I'm not suppose to access data. Such as, how did you obtain software ? Who set the pressures for you ? etc.... But, she was super friendly.

Hope cpap repair does not cost more then a new unit.

Will be visiting DME thursday

beckah

Re: ResMed tech support no help

Post by beckah » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:54 pm

I hope they are willing to give you a loaner unit if it needs to be sent out for repairs. It's tough to sleep without the wind tunnel in your face after you've used one for a while.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:02 pm

Spirit wrote:She asked an awful lot of questions, because I'm not suppose to access data. Such as, how did you obtain software ? Who set the pressures for you ? etc.... But, she was super friendly.

So sorry you have experienced all these troubles.
For the question about where you got the software? Hey, back when we first started cpap therapy ResMed actively sold the software to patients for $100.

Oh well, kiss butt till you get what you need out of them and then decide what to do about any further relationship.

Have you started the stuff needed to get things addressed through the VA? I know it is slow but better to have it started and not need it than to need it..... you know the old saying.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Otter

Post by Otter » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:48 pm

Have you posted about the issue itself? Maybe someone here can help.

Bigd

Post by Bigd » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:09 pm

Hello
I go through the VA. They contract out to a local outfit called Sleep Data. The people there are first class. They are more than willing to help with what ever questions I have and encourage (privately) me to access the data on my machine. I would strongly advise you to go after your VA eligabilty. I don't know where you live but my local VA has been a life saver for me. Yes at times they are really bassy but I feel I can find no better health care any where else. If you have any question about dealing with them please ask. You might start with one of your local service organizations such as VFW or DAV. Here is a link to start https://vabenefits.vba.va.gov/vonapp/na ... rtners.asp. The link to service organizations is dead but just Goggle "VA service organizations" and plenty should come up. This is very much worth your time.

I am very sorry that Resmed has its corporate head up it's *%#@. At the very least they should have given you some idea of where toi get the information you want. I would write a polite but strongly worded letter to them and send a copy to where ever you bought your machine from telling just how dissatified you are with their service after sales. Have a great nights sleep.
Bigd

Spirit

Post by Spirit » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:27 pm

beckah wrote:I hope they are willing to give you a loaner unit if it needs to be sent out for repairs. It's tough to sleep without the wind tunnel in your face after you've used one for a while.
Thanks Very good idea. Didn't even cross my mind to ask.

Spirit

Post by Spirit » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:33 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Spirit wrote:She asked an awful lot of questions, because I'm not suppose to access data. Such as, how did you obtain software ? Who set the pressures for you ? etc.... But, she was super friendly.

So sorry you have experienced all these troubles.
For the question about where you got the software? Hey, back when we first started cpap therapy ResMed actively sold the software to patients for $100.

Oh well, kiss butt till you get what you need out of them and then decide what to do about any further relationship.

Have you started the stuff needed to get things addressed through the VA? I know it is slow but better to have it started and not need it than to need it..... you know the old saying.
Hi Pugsy,
Thanks for sympathetic thoughts. I told her, it was included with machine, I bought online through classifieds. When, I first called she said, they do not support machines not purchased from them. Then she put's me on hold. Got back on phone, she was very friendly, willing to help. So tomorrow, I will see if data is corrupt on thier computer, it's a start.

Still waiting for appointment with sleep doc, which was put in 2 weeks ago by VA sleep clinic.

Spirit

Post by Spirit » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:35 pm

Otter wrote:Have you posted about the issue itself? Maybe someone here can help.
I surely have. First issue, I ever had forum was not able to help diagnose, but helped in other way's.

Spirit

Post by Spirit » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:47 pm

Bigd wrote:Hello
I go through the VA. They contract out to a local outfit called Sleep Data. The people there are first class. They are more than willing to help with what ever questions I have and encourage (privately) me to access the data on my machine. I would strongly advise you to go after your VA eligabilty. I don't know where you live but my local VA has been a life saver for me. Yes at times they are really bassy but I feel I can find no better health care any where else. If you have any question about dealing with them please ask. You might start with one of your local service organizations such as VFW or DAV. Here is a link to start https://vabenefits.vba.va.gov/vonapp/na ... rtners.asp. The link to service organizations is dead but just Goggle "VA service organizations" and plenty should come up. This is very much worth your time.

I am very sorry that Resmed has its corporate head up it's *%#@. At the very least they should have given you some idea of where toi get the information you want. I would write a polite but strongly worded letter to them and send a copy to where ever you bought your machine from telling just how dissatified you are with their service after sales. Have a great nights sleep.
Bigd
Hi BigD,
Thanks for you input. The VA I visit is slow as a turtle crawl. Excellent treatment/care, but as for diagnoses, civilian doctors outside the VA, figured out all my health problems. Luckily at the time, I had health insurance outside the VA. After extensive testing, my civilian cardiologist referred me to sleep study, after complaining of fatigue for months.

Aleady consult with VA reps, thanks. What happened was, VA hospital in nearby city closed down, which overpopulated VA I visit. So, most health care was scheduled by priority.

Well, learned from DME today, that they pay a fee each month to use ResMed services. Money alway's take priority.

Didn't think my cpap data would conk out so fast, for a new unit. Data worked 14 months. You sleep well too.

Otter

Post by Otter » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:25 pm

Spirit wrote:Called DME, they said to bring cpap in with data card, they will check to see if data is working properly. If not, they will send unit to ResMed for diagnoses. I just have to pay shipping. ResMed will quote repair costs, I accept or decline.

She asked an awful lot of questions, because I'm not suppose to access data. Such as, how did you obtain software ? Who set the pressures for you ? etc.... But, she was super friendly.
Resmed has a page that's clearly meant for patients to both download and register their software, so though they aren't willing to directly support end users (as DeVelbiss does!), they aren't directly supporting the polysomnography marketing FUD either.
http://www.resmed.com/int/assets/html/s ... c=patients

billbolton

Post by billbolton » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:43 pm

Otter wrote:though they aren't willing to directly support end users (as DeVelbiss does!), they aren't directly supporting the polysomnography marketing FUD either.
That form you linked explicitly says....
resmed wrote:This product is provided for use by or under the supervision of appropriately trained Physicians. Please confirm that the downloaded software will be used in accordance with this requirement.
So, its not at all clear what point you are trying to score here

sol

Post by sol » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:04 pm

billbolton wrote:
Otter wrote:though they aren't willing to directly support end users (as DeVelbiss does!), they aren't directly supporting the polysomnography marketing FUD either.
That form you linked explicitly says....
resmed wrote:This product is provided for use by or under the supervision of appropriately trained Physicians. Please confirm that the downloaded software will be used in accordance with this requirement.
So, its not at all clear what point you are trying to score here
In that case than why Resmed allow us (the patients their customers ) to download the software from their web site knowingly for sure (they are not stupid ) that we are not clinicians or physicians .

Slinky

Post by Slinky » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:13 pm

Go ahead and "kill" a good thing, Sol. Why belabor the point? Please, let it go.

My computer says I need to upgrade my brain to be compatible with its new software.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:24 pm

A sure way to have the data door slammed shut by Resmed, complaining about something that slipped out to the end user. Not wise! Others down the road will have to pay for rocking the leaky boat. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

sol

Post by sol » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:28 am

Caveat emptor .