SD CARD

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
bprater

SD CARD

Post by bprater » Thu May 05, 2011 7:19 am

I took the SD card out of my machine but how do you get your computer let you look at the information on it? Talk english for me though I am not that smart with computers.

Thanks

NanceK

Re: SD CARD

Post by NanceK » Thu May 05, 2011 7:25 am

You need the software to interpret the information on your card. I have Respironics 'Encore Viewer' for mine.

Bugdude

Post by Bugdude » Thu May 05, 2011 7:26 am

You need the ResScan software from ResMed, and an SD card reader of some description.

So Well

Post by So Well » Thu May 05, 2011 7:51 am

bprater wrote:I took the SD card out of my machine but how do you get your computer let you look at the information on it? Talk english for me though I am not that smart with computers.

Thanks
Something is crossed up in the information you have provided. Your profile shows an S8 machine and the specs say it uses a proprietary ResScan data card which takes a proprietary card reader. Yet you say you have an SD card which is a widely used card (in cameras for instance) and cheap card readers are widely available. The ResMed S9 machine uses an SD card.

So what is correct?
So Well
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and the government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu May 05, 2011 8:06 am

In another post you mention setting the climate line hose to 70 so I am assuming that you have an S9 series machine and not the S8 machine that you have chosen in your profile.

Please check your machine carefully, to see exactly what you have.

There is software readily available for the S9 data capable machines. Check out member Uncle_Bob signature on one of his posts for software and clinician manual help.

S8 series machines require a very scarce and expensive card reader because it uses a smart card (not SD card) that looks sort of like a credit card. The software does still work with this smart card but must have the special card reader.

Software tutorial is here.
http://montfordhouse.com/cpap/resscan_tutorial/

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Gazby

Post by Gazby » Thu May 05, 2011 9:02 am

Is there a way to use an sd card on a resmed S8 spirit II Autoset or do I need a special card as the slot at the back looks different?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu May 05, 2011 9:44 am

Gazby wrote:Is there a way to use an sd card on a resmed S8 spirit II Autoset or do I need a special card as the slot at the back looks different?
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... -card.html

Above Smart card is needed and below card reader is needed. Both hard to find unless a DME has some sitting around.

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... -cpap.html

I have seen the card reader on Ebay. Not cheap. Around $90 plus S&H and either from China or Israel.
The cards aren't cheap either and haven't seen one of those in quite a while. Awhile back someone found a card for $35 and was complaining about it.

Now if someone has a dead S8 machine used smart card and card reader might be an option.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Gazby

Post by Gazby » Thu May 05, 2011 9:49 am

Pugsy wrote:
Gazby wrote:Is there a way to use an sd card on a resmed S8 spirit II Autoset or do I need a special card as the slot at the back looks different?
https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... -card.html

Above Smart card is needed and below card reader is needed. Both hard to find unless a DME has some sitting around.

https://www.cpap.com/productpage/resmed ... -cpap.html

I have seen the card reader on Ebay. Not cheap. Around $90 plus S&H and either from China or Israel.
The cards aren't cheap either and haven't seen one of those in quite a while. Awhile back someone found a card for $35 and was complaining about it.

Now if someone has a dead S8 machine used smart card and card reader might be an option.
Thanks for that

bprater

Post by bprater » Fri May 06, 2011 3:07 pm

Sorry I have a Resmed S9 Series. I will change that on my profile in a few minutes. I was looking at the choices and didnt have the right one highlighted on the computer when I hit enter. THanks for noticing I'll blame it on sleep apnea

Otter

Post by Otter » Fri May 06, 2011 3:17 pm

If you don't have an SD card reader and you don't want to open up your computer to install one, you can get one that plugs into your USB port. These are cheap, but be careful about going too cheap, or you may find yourself shopping for a more robust card reader. I bought one from cpap.com that only lasted 1 week.

Chitowndude

Re: SD CARD AND Bizarre lockout!!

Post by Chitowndude » Sat May 07, 2011 9:17 am

Recently got an S9 autoset. The main reason I got it over the S8 is that I really, really hate propriety data card interfaces, like the S8 has. Some bizarre shaped card that no one else uses and you have to buy Resmed's card reader . . . a bunch of hooey. I feel the same way about Sony's 'memory stick' nonsense. Anyhow, the S9 uses the same SD card that's in most digital cameras and that fits right into most current laptops or even desktop PCs that have card readers built in. If not, for 10 bucks or less (just google usb 2.0 memory card reader and click on 'shopping') you can get a card reader that plugs into a USB port, and it's guaranteed that SD cards can be read since they're ubiquitous.

Got a question, though. I got a hold of the Resmed 3.14 software (yup, these are all over the torrent sites now for download) and put in my card and saw my data. Just for the heck of it, I tweaked my settings on the card and plugged it back into the S9 and voila! The new settings were uploaded to the S9. The problem- all my settings in the clinical menu are now locked!! (as you open the clinician menu, the left hand column shows the little locks are now locked!). I can't figure out how to unlock them. I can still change settings on my computer, but I can't do it through the clinician menu on the S9?!

Anyone have any ideas?